What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Devious Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by Devious Cullen »

mandyb7 wrote:hmmmm well if they put another Muse song in the movie I'd love it to be Time Is Running Out.
I agree, Muse should be on the Soundtrack, and that that would go in well for the race to Italy. Have the chorus or even just parts of the music playing over clips of Alice speeding through the countryside.
Drama_Queen
Settled in Forks

Post by Drama_Queen »

A band called Raposo has a few songs their called. Coming Home, Seperate Directions, and Stay with me. YOu can go take a listen to their music on their myspace page. I'm sure u know the link so just add on raposobandny after the .com/ part.
-Cassey
Drama_Queen
Settled in Forks

Post by Drama_Queen »

A band called Raposo has a few songs their called. Coming Home, Seperate Directions, and Stay with me. YOu can go take a listen to their music on their myspace page. I'm sure u know the link so just add on raposobandny after the .com/ part.

Edit: Sorry for the double post it said it didn't work the first time.
-Cassey
mayawolf
Settled in Forks

Post by mayawolf »

hi everyone. i just joined the board, so please forgive me if i repeat any that has already been said. i browsed through some of the earlier posts re the music and i have to agree with the folks who pointed out "my immortal" by evanescence. i've always loved that song and the feelings that amy puts into the tone and lyrics and after i read the post i listened to it again and it would be just perfect. i would also like to see "bring me to life" by evanescence as something to be played while bella is thinking of jacob. the lyrics fit in pretty well to me with how she is feeling dead and she needs him to feel alive again on some level. also there is a song called "i will remember you" by aeone that i think will make a great addition. i look forward to reading more of everyone's thoughts :D
lilly viola
Settled in Forks

Post by lilly viola »

I so hope I'm not repeating anyone, didn't feel like browsing all the pages, but I've been listening to the playlist on SM's website and I just adore the song"Sing for Absolution" by Muse. When Edward is standing in the shadows, waiting for the clock to strike 12, the book says Bella sees him and he has his eyes closed. I can just picture him thinking of Bella,(maybe some flashbacks would be good here too) the verse says, "tiptoe to your room, a starlight in the gloom, I only dream of you and you never knew" the chorus goes "Sing for absolution. I will be singing. Falling from your grace" He thinks she's dead and can never forgive him for leaving her and lying to her. This song gives me chills when I hear it because I can see him there ready to end his life. What do you think?
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

Personally, if they put Time is Running Out during the Volterra scene when they're going to save Edward...that's pretty cheesy/retarded because "Our time is running out..." is kind of like explaining the scene even more. Idk how to put it...someone please understand what I just said.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet »

lilly viola wrote:I so hope I'm not repeating anyone, didn't feel like browsing all the pages, but I've been listening to the playlist on SM's website and I just adore the song"Sing for Absolution" by Muse. When Edward is standing in the shadows, waiting for the clock to strike 12, the book says Bella sees him and he has his eyes closed. I can just picture him thinking of Bella,(maybe some flashbacks would be good here too) the verse says, "tiptoe to your room, a starlight in the gloom, I only dream of you and you never knew" the chorus goes "Sing for absolution. I will be singing. Falling from your grace" He thinks she's dead and can never forgive him for leaving her and lying to her. This song gives me chills when I hear it because I can see him there ready to end his life. What do you think?
i love that song too it totally fits NM and the particular scene you're talking about :)
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

mayawolf
Settled in Forks

Post by mayawolf »

sorry, i have a quick revision to my last post. the song is "i will remember you still" by aeone. here are the lyrics so you can get a feel for what i mean. i know there is a reference to avalon, but i though all the words fit perfectly, note the reference to autumn (when he left her), and springtime (when they knew they were in love). idk, i just thought it was pretty fitting :?

O my love
I stand on a distant shore
The turning tide
Breathes all the mystery of you...

O my dreams
Are lost with the autumn leaves
That turn to gold
And fall in the memory of you...

Mists of Avalon, cover my heart
Carry my voice on the wind
Over the waters that keep us apart
I will remember you still...

O my heart
Returns to the sweetest morn
That was the springtime
For the loving of you...

O my life
I weep for the drifting years
And for my soul
That longs for the comfort of you...

Mists of Avalon, cover my heart
Carry my voice on the wind
Over the waters that keeps us apart

mayawolf
Settled in Forks

Post by mayawolf »

Bastet wrote:
lilly viola wrote:I so hope I'm not repeating anyone, didn't feel like browsing all the pages, but I've been listening to the playlist on SM's website and I just adore the song"Sing for Absolution" by Muse. When Edward is standing in the shadows, waiting for the clock to strike 12, the book says Bella sees him and he has his eyes closed. I can just picture him thinking of Bella,(maybe some flashbacks would be good here too) the verse says, "tiptoe to your room, a starlight in the gloom, I only dream of you and you never knew" the chorus goes "Sing for absolution. I will be singing. Falling from your grace" He thinks she's dead and can never forgive him for leaving her and lying to her. This song gives me chills when I hear it because I can see him there ready to end his life. What do you think?
i love that song too it totally fits NM and the particular scene you're talking about :)
i just listened to this song and read the lyrics, i completely agree.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Thinking of you - katy perry
Don't know where it would fit in the movie, so it could be in the ending credits. :)
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart