Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by ringswraith »

-Jasper wrote:^^ That's interesting, I've never heard that story. I don't get how cutting your middle finger off wuld make you faster at nocking bows, but maybe it does.

We use our middle fingers in england, I think you do that in the US too though?
Supposedly because there wouldn't be a middle finger getting in the way of your grabbing an arrow from your quiver. Imagine nocking a bow with your index and ring fingers.

And yes, the middle finger does get a lot of use in the US. :)
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Lorabell wrote: Also, if you look closely, you can see a framed photo of Edward's "mother" behind him on a shelf ;)
How do you know that's Edward mother?
I can't wait for the DVD!!!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

debussygirl wrote:
Lorabell wrote: Also, if you look closely, you can see a framed photo of Edward's "mother" behind him on a shelf ;)
How do you know that's Edward mother?
I can't wait for the DVD!!!
To be fair, it's an "educated" guess ;) but why else would the set-dresser include a framed photograph of a 19-hundreds-something woman in pride of place in Edward's room - especially when we know vampires aren't sentimental over general material things?!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Mrs. Ashlie Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs. Ashlie Cullen »

Has anyone every notice the caferteria scene when eric asks Bella about La Push when she looks over at the cullen table Emmetts eating something???
Emmett: Excellent plan my brother!
Rosalie: No.
Bella: Absolutely not!
Jasper: Nice
Alice: Idiots.

Emmett: "Fall down again Bella?"
Bella: "No Emmett I punched a warewolf in the face!"

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:I just saw the movie a second time and I was able to notice all the little things our favorite clutz, Bella, did:
- slamming the truck door into Jacob
- slipping on the ice in her driveway
- dropping a bag in her kitchen

Did anyone else notice any more clutzy Bella moments?

That might not be something people pick up on if they haven't read the book.

When they were in the meadow, and Bella was following Edward right before he like spazzed out and jumped around... she slips a bit. Im sure it was accidental, but it was cool cause it was something Bella would do.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

CantBreathe wrote:
*Wanderer* wrote:The second time I watched it, I looked closely and Rob was just snapping, not giving him the finger.
Yeah I am almost positive that he is snapping his fingers. I don't think they would have Edward give Emmett the finger, he's too much of a gentleman to act that way, especially in front of Bella :)
But Edward never would've said "Sex... money.... sex..... cat" either.
So he could've pulled the finger :S It looked like that to me.

-Sorry double post!
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

twi-nerd wrote:This wasn't mentioned. You could tell that Jessica liked Mike since the beggining of the movie. It didn't say anything about the book.
It may not have come right out and said "Jessica likes Mike" in the book, but it definitely suggested it. From her facial expressions and reactions, and her attention to the way Mike was with Bella.

Image Image
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Jadey wrote:
CantBreathe wrote:
*Wanderer* wrote:The second time I watched it, I looked closely and Rob was just snapping, not giving him the finger.
Yeah I am almost positive that he is snapping his fingers. I don't think they would have Edward give Emmett the finger, he's too much of a gentleman to act that way, especially in front of Bella :)
But Edward never would've said "Sex... money.... sex..... cat" either.
So he could've pulled the finger :S It looked like that to me.
I really don't understand why some people want him to be giving Emmett the finger- even when the situation and context show it to be a snap. :roll:

As far as the restaurant scene- what, a gentleman can't discuss sex? He wasn't rude or crude about it.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

ringswraith wrote: I really don't understand why some people want him to be giving Emmett the finger- even when the situation and context show it to be a snap. :roll:

As far as the restaurant scene- what, a gentleman can't discuss sex? He wasn't rude or crude about it.
I just read this entire thread, and I have to say, I agreed with like every single post of yours. Every time I was thinking of responding to someone, you took the words out of my mouth.

You're right - it's not like Edward isn't allowed to say the word "sex." There's nothing dirty or rude about that - he's just saying what is on someone else's mind. In later books he even admits that sometimes it's on HIS mind. It's totally normal, and there's nothing ungentlemanly about that.

The middle finger??? Really??? I mean it's one thing if we're watching an outtake and Robert Pattinson is flipping of Kellan Lutz. But this is the movie. We are supposed to believe these characters - and the director never would have let Edward flip off Emmett. I know they fight and wrestle and act like boys sometimes, but come on. I can't really believe people are still clinging to that.

However, sometimes things slip. Like did anyone else notice that there's a part during the meadow scene, where he's standing up higher than Bella, and we see a wide angle shot with both Edward and Bella in it, and the sound is silent but you can see Rob's lips moving? It's kind of hard to notice because it's not a close-up, but I guess this was a little editing boo boo. I think they also decided not to sound-over the part where Edward opens up Bella's door for her on "everyone's staring" day. It looks like Edward says, "come on." Kinda non-Edward like. That little bit bugs me.

And in the restaurant with Charlie when Bella is using the ketchup, she squeezes, shakes, nothing comes out, and then she puts it back down again.

When the Cullens first walk into the lunch room, Jasper has a lunch tray already. Didn't he come from outside? The next time the camera goes to the Cullen table, which is like a second later, Edward now has a tray of food.

Apparently Bella hasn't ALWAYS hated cold, wet things - she made quite a few paper snowflakes when she was littler - they are hanging on her bulletin board.

I don't think that it's weird that the Cullens chew food at lunch - as Alice said, they need to be responsible. They are just being smart. Of course if they actually swallow anything, they need to bring it back up later as they can't digest it - but they are probably pros at spitting into napkins. It's cute that Rosalie nibbles an apple at one point.

I think Rosalie just wears gloves a lot to accentuate the fact that the Cullens are accustomed to covering up their skin.

The Cullens always dress using a cool color palatte.

I love the way Emmett moves at school - especially when jumping out of the jeep. So graceful, even for his large size - as mentioned by Bella in the book. And the way that they made it look like Edward swung up into the truck bed and bounced out in one leap after he saved her from the van.

I think Emmett just has the eggs because it's like he's "bringing a bag lunch," and obviously he's very muscular - he has to put on a show for the humans. If they look at him they can't think, "wow that guy's unnaturally huge for a high school student," they have to think - "oh, well he eats like 2 cartons of eggs a week - he packs on the protein."

When Bella opens the door to the office after Biology, there is a "Push" sign on the door. Obviously this could be on any door, but it reminds me of La Push, and it makes me think of the tension of that scene. Edward trying to push away thoughts of killing Bella, push himself away from close proximity to her, and how Bella feels the need to confront him.

Spartan colors are blue and yellow - put them together and you have green, the official color of Forks.

RE: Cora the waitress? Her script bio said that she's single, but has a crush on Charlie Swan. So she wasn't with Waylon, but that explains why she lingers on Charlie a little too longingly when she says, "your dad still has it - every Thursday."

Empty ketchup bottle on the Cullen table on the day when Edward isn't there at the lunch table. Kind of like the vamps won't touch the food - but the red sticky stuff is drained. Morbid, I know. I have a sick mind.

I think someone mentioned this, but there is a sign outside the hospital room where Bella was sitting with Tyler that says "sleep disorders."

When Bella is googling, one of the links references "big bad wolf," which reminded me of that one Jacob quote. I also see the words "heathcliff" which reminds me of all the Wuthering Heights references, and "Midnight" which reminds me of MS.

Outside on the sunny day when the Cullens "ditched," Bella is eating an apple. She has definitely submit to temptation by this point.

Kinda bugs me that Jacob hands Billy the fish fry bags, and then Billy hands them back in a minute because Charlie gives him the "Vitamin R."

What is it that Edward says to Bella as soon as they are going up the stairs - before she mentions the graduation caps? I cannot make out those words.

I also LOVE the way Esme sometimes gets distracted by how cute she thinks Edward and Bella are - at the part where he brings her over. She keeps looking at his face and smiling.

Image Image
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

ForJazz926 wrote:What is it that Edward says to Bella as soon as they are going up the stairs - before she mentions the graduation caps? I cannot make out those words.

something like "was that as weird for you as it was for me?" something along those lines
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper