What are you reading?

bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: What are you reading?

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

I just finished reading Journey Into the Whirlwind by Eugenia Ginzberg for my psych class. I must say that at times I had to stop reading because it was so emotional that I could not take it. I had never known that Russia had gone through such a horrible time. I knew the conditions were bad over there but I never knew that it had gotten so out of control. After reading this I fear that history is repeating itself. :(

I'm about to start reading The Stranger by Camus. I hope I like it.:)
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

Wow ^ Sounds very interesting :)

I'm still in high school and we just started The Catcher In The Rye today. I have never read it but I really like it so far. I was reading out loud and the narrator cusses a lot, and I never cuss because I just never got into the habit, so it was a little awkward. But it just suits the character.
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

Hmm, I wasn't an overly big fan of Catcher in the Rye.
Anyway, I am starting on my fourth time through of the Twilight Series. I couldn't help it after reading a couple of books it was calling me back.
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

^ I know what you mean! After our class read Hamlet I read the series again. I just always go back to it. It is inescapable!
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I finished the Prime series by Susan Sizemore. It was eh. Not great but not bad. Now I am reading Strange Bedpersons by Jennifer Crusie.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

I'm sorry to post this just after Una, because I know she's a great fan of the series but...after devouring City of Bones, I'm reading Dark Lover. And I'm seriously thinking of dropping it :(
I love vampires and supernatural stories but the amount of sex in the book is definitely too much. I can barely stand the love scenes in the Southern Vampire series, let alone the detailed descriptions in Dark Lover. Plus, when I first read about the male protagonist and figured him in my head...men, I was rolling on my floor laughing :lol:

I think I'll give it the last chance tonight...otherwise I'll read Sabriel, waiting for City of Ashes to be delivered from UK.
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

I've only read the first two of the brotherhood books and I found them ok they didnt really seem to have much of a plot it seems to be more about the vampires relationships. I'll probably read the others but I dont love them like I thought I would.

As for reading I've just started lucky an it girl book there quick reads so I should have it finished tonight or tomorow.
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

In all honesty I didn't like Dark Lover the first time I read it. I thought it was cheesy and silly (it was my first adult realm book) and very graphic. However, I gave it a shot and read the next book, Lover Eternal which is about Rhage. That's when I started to like the series. Since reading the series, I found the books improve over time, but if you don't like the graphic-ness of it or the language (besides the annoying netspeak), that doesn't change so you might want to cut your losses. Even though I think there is less sex as it progresses because the war and such is starting to dominate the plot. I'm sorry it's not your cup of tea. If you want something that is good with vampires without the sex, go with The Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine. I REALLY like it!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

una wrote: If you want something that is good with vampires without the sex, go with The Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine. I REALLY like it!
Thanks for your suggestions...I will try to red it anyway until the end.
Regarding the Morganville Series, the first novel is already on my reading list and shipping from the US at the moment :mrgreen:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

una

Post by una »

Ah, Dimber, great minds think alike! I am waiting for the fourth book in the series to arrive at the library for me.