General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sturpherz
Wandering Through Town

Breaking Dawn-I liked it!!

Post by Sturpherz »

A week before the Breaking Dawn release date, I decided I wanted to refresh me memory of Forks, WA., Jacob, Charlie, the Cullen’s and of course, the amazing story of Bella and Edward before I immersed myself in the new addition to the story, Breaking Dawn. So every night I was up until I could not keep my eyes open any more rereading Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse.

While rereading the three books, I picked up on a few hints about what might happen in the future, so when I actually did pick up Breaking Dawn and began reading it, I was not completely taken by surprised and I most definitely was not upset of the out come. In fact I loved the book! It is a beautifully written story that gives you goosebumps and butterfly when you read it. And for any one expected any thing less…you were obviously not paying attention when you read the previous books.
"The most important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become..."
luvtwilight
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by luvtwilight »

I loved Breaking Dawn as well! I thought it was beautifully written with lots of twists that I didn't see coming. I think it is the perfect ending to an amazing series. I have read the book twice and I'm sure I will read it again.
BellaMorte
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaMorte »

It's funny, I've seen and heard so many negative things about this book that when I got to reading it, I was half expecting it to be god awful. I kept reading and thinking, so, like, when does the badness begin again? I don't think it really deserves the bad rep that it's been given by fans, frankly. I suspect some of the flack is coming from the same corner it did with the last Harry Potter novel, in that the sadness readers feel about the ending of a saga can turn to anger like *that*. I also think sometimes people underestimate just how enormous the task is for a writer when they know the pressure is really on them to tie every last thing together for their characters.

I'm not saying it's an acceptable excuse when things are clearly badly concluded, but I think in this case that SM actually did a pretty decent job!
edsbestfriend
Settled in Forks

Post by edsbestfriend »

When I read the first part of Breaking Dawn i was starting to get bworried that it would be nothing like the others and parts of the book did annoy me more than the other books but overall i think that the plot and the idea of a united vampire front standing up to the Volturi was a great idea... oh and the happy ending was great of course.
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

I wanted to bring this topic to the forefront again, so I'm posting a sentiment that I'm certain has been shared previously. Whether a reader liked Breaking Dawn or not (which I did), just imagine that you wrote a story for yourself and your sister. You loved the story and wrote it in such a way that made you and your sister completely happy. You tied up all of the loose ends and had your characters end up with exactly the outcomes that you wanted. Now imagine you shared that with the world, and they seemingly loved it to begin with. But the publisher wanted more books, more of Bella's high school experience. Then finally you get to publish that happily ever after that you always intended and dreamt of, only to have some very vocal people bash it. That is just heart breaking. I am hoping by posting this, some of those who were less than thrilled with BD may come to understand how Stephenie feels a little bit. I, for one, am so happy for a 'happily ever after.' Life is trying enough, let me escape to Forks with Bella and Edward and feel for that time, just as Edward says, that I have everything I could ever want.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I loved BD. Although in the beginning it was getting alittle scifi-y. But I loved that everyone was happy (even Jake) in the end. And I cried when Bella was dying and when they were saying goodbye before the Volturi came AND when the Volturi left and they were all happy. (I am a cry baby I know) What I didn't really like was that Edward and Bella lost that protector protectee feeling. I liked that about the other books but I guess now they both can protect Nessie. So over all I give it 8.5/10
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
37yearoldfan

Post by 37yearoldfan »

Loved it! I did not even think the whole pregnancy thing was as bad as some of the reviews I read made it out to be. While reading New Moon and Eclipse, I was starting to worry that Bella was going to go with Jacob instead of Edward. I so, did not want that to happen. I wanted her to become immortal and she did.

When my wife and I finished the Harry Potter series, she was upset that it was over. I was not! I thought that it had a great ending. However, with this series, I am so upset that it is over even though it has a great ending too!

I only hope Stephenie decides to write Midnight Sun after all. From what I have read on the partial draft she posted on her website, I can't wait!
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

I loved Breaking Dawn! I have to say, so many of my favourite quotes and favourite moments are from Breaking Dawn. I was a little disappointed with the anti-climatic Volturi confrontation, but I understand that so many people would have had to die, which would have made it extremely painful. The ending, though, was absolutely perfect, and absolutely beautiful. What better way to end the saga, than let Edward get a glimpse into Bella's mind? :D
sparker
Wandering Through Town

Post by sparker »

It's over! I refuse to read the leaked version of Midnight Sun, so my mind is free to wander about their future for now.
I am not one bit disappointed, although as a fledgling writer myself it would be silly to deny the critic in me.
My bookmark has been a tattered red ribbon kissing the spine of this book in anticipation of every word for the last three weeks.

I picked this book up as a means of respite, as a patron of the arts in all senses of it. It has been my soundtrack, my theatre, my ballet, my appetite and has brought me back to a place that I forgot I had since I was a child.
That there is a distinct parallel line between the adult practical version of me and the little girl who dreamed haplessly of fairy tales and discovering a new sense of wonderment.
These aren't just my words for me to hear, but a sense of Renaissance.
Stephenie has been an unsuspecting Muse inspiring those who've read this saga and felt transformed to become a little more Dazzling, and 'Shiny' ourselves.
Thank You Stephenie, You ROCK!
Elsbyth
Settled in Forks

Post by Elsbyth »

Loved it. I wasn't sure what to expect, I mean, how could SM really wrap up one of the greatest story lines that i've ever read. From page one, I was hooked. I laughed, I cried, I think it might be my favorite of the books. I only hope that SM will write BD from Edward's perspective.

BD seriously exceeded all my expectations. The wedding made me cry, the scene between Bella and Jacob at the reception - serious tears. The honeymoon - hello, SM?! we want more.details! Feathers in her hair - seriously cracked me up. And I knew the second Bella got sick eating chicken that she was pregnant. And what a twist! Then Jacob imprinting on Renesmee and Bella's reaction - I could not stop laughing!

There are so many parts of the book that I adored. I read it the first day it came out and i've read it twice, maybe three times since then. I don't know if I have a favorite part because the whole book was great, but if I had to narrow it down, I would say that at the end when Bella learns how to lift the shield and let Edward in on her thoughts, I thought that was beyond great.

To sum up, SM exceeded all my expectations with BD.