Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bella&Edward_forever
Settled in Forks

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by Bella&Edward_forever »

I hope they will produce Breaking dawn. It's my favourite, because there happens so much.

But I think it's hard to film Renesmee, she is growing so fast.
I cannot imagine Bella pregnant too and I think they can delete many details of the pregnancy.

The importants things will be the marriage (of course, I am looking forward to thát só much!), Isle Esme (looking forward to that too), Renesmee's birth, Bella becomes a vampire and I think the shield of bella will be very cool too.

They have to make the movie! It will be a great mistake if they don't!
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

It will be difficult..
I mean with Twilight, It was only like 500 pages, and made it into a 2 hour movie - and even then they cut a lot out

Breaking Dawn is 700+ pages... so they should make it into 2 parts.. coming out like 2 months after each other?
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
littlenudger
Settled in Forks

Post by littlenudger »

I completely agree with you on making breaking dawn 2 parts! i think that would make sure that none of the good details are left out and that the movie is thorough enough for fans! I think that they should stop the first movie(if they split it up) when jacob sees nessie and they say that there is a new heart..(sorry im not quoting it word for word but you get the idea) :? Lets just hope that if they do decide to make breaking dawn that they do it well and to the book this time.
E<3B
Alice Cullen Quirkier than you since 1901
Yes, because a vampire slumber party is the pinnacle of safety conscious behavior.
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

littlenudger wrote:I completely agree with you on making breaking dawn 2 parts! i think that would make sure that none of the good details are left out and that the movie is thorough enough for fans! I think that they should stop the first movie(if they split it up) when jacob sees nessie and they say that there is a new heart..(sorry im not quoting it word for word but you get the idea) :? Lets just hope that if they do decide to make breaking dawn that they do it well and to the book this time.
I agree! They just can't affored to miss out detaill in the last film!
I think the actually might do it!
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

I would LOVE to see Breaking Dawn made into a movie, but I can think of a few reasons why it won't work:

1) Length- BD is 756 pages (lol, I know, im obsessed :roll: ), and considering Twilight was a 300-something page book made into a movie almost 2hrs long, BD would have to be like 3 1/2 to 4 hrs long. I would happily sit through that, but I don't know how many other people would.

2) PG-13- Isle Esme. The birth scene. Need I say more?

3) Renesmee- Renesmee is unique; so unique that nothing like her exists in the real world. That rules out the option of finding a fast-growing baby to film, so the only options are either filming a real baby and putting a lot of makeup on it, filming a bunch of babies who are each at different stages of their development, or using a CGI baby. Definitely not great options.

Good luck working around all of that to make a movie! :D
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

CGI Nessie pleees. It's really the only way...
Having different babies.. would just be stressful for the crew and the baby.. and plus we all know we'll be able to tell the difference.
And they can't possible teach a real baby how to act like Renesmee does...
So we're in a bit of a pickle here..
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher »

If they were to make Breaking Dawn into a movie I'd hope that they change a lot of things.
For example, get rid of the pregnancy
actually make the werewolves and vampires fight!
and have someone die

maybe if it were put into the hands of a great screenplay writer, the twilight fans can have a much better ending to the saga. I know a lot of people might say that i'm not a true fan, but as an even bigger fan of FILM, making these changes would improve Breaking Dawn the FILM IMO
"and the boy loved the tree"
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

bodysnatcher wrote:If they were to make Breaking Dawn into a movie I'd hope that they change a lot of things.
and have someone die
Then it wouldn't be Breaking dawn..
And it wouldn't make any sense.
You're a fan of film.. but this isn't about film, this is about bringing a book to life..
not 'lets do a movie about a book then change everything so it doesn't even resemble the book in any way'

+ someone did die.. - Irina
^ by ForJazz
- Kristen Stewart
bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher »

Jadey wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:If they were to make Breaking Dawn into a movie I'd hope that they change a lot of things.
and have someone die
Then it wouldn't be Breaking dawn..
And it wouldn't make any sense.
You're a fan of film.. but this isn't about film, this is about bringing a book to life..
not 'lets do a movie about a book then change everything so it doesn't even resemble the book in any way'

+ someone did die.. - Irina

I understand that it wouldn't make it Breaking Dawn anymore, but this IS about film, because the book will be translated to FILM. I think that critics and people who are not fans of the series will chew the last movie out. Not only that, but to add to the "wow-factor" of the movie, they would need more action.
I know this isn't the "Breaking Dawn - I didn't like it" thread, but I think it would be fair for the fans of the series who were NOT satisfied with the deus ex machina that was BD. It would translate very well on screen, and give everyone a different perspective on what COULD have happened.

In regards to film, a lot of things change. We saw it with the Twilight Movie; the "Lion and Lamb" line was very cheesy when heard spoken out loud. A lot of the quotes that SM insisted on having in Twilight the Movie really set the film back.

I enjoyed the books (one less than others), I am a big fan of the books, therefore I'm really rooting for the film makers to translate it to the screen the best way possible. Even if it means omitting some lines, or totally changing the Breaking Dawn. (hoping for the latter) once again: IMO
"and the boy loved the tree"
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I can understand your want of a fight. But to get rid of the pregnancy, well, you might as well not have a BD. Like it or not, that's the way SM wrote it. Renesmee has to exist in BD or else it's not BD.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com