Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #9

Post by akire »

Throughout the whole GQ interview he just sounded so... uncomfortable with himself and the whole Twilight phenomenon! Which, to me, is all the more endearing...

I was half swooning/half giggling through the whole thing but this part made me LOL:
Is there anything you wish you’d gotten to talk about in this interview?

“Okay,” he says. Deep breath. “I What on earth does fornification under consent of king have to do with this? Joe Jonas.”

We knew it!

“I love him.”
Oh, to be an "Eva" or "Patty"!! Siiiigh.

EDIT oh right... the censorship. I forgot. Sorry yall!

Image Image Image
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

*beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

That would be the sound of me flatlining. Holy cufking hell. The pictures of GQ AND New Moon set Rob?
*dies a million times over*

As for the GQ article, I was totally expecting to not like him as much because they usually get the good "dirt" on celebrities. But oh no! Of course I just had to go and love him even more. And the fact that he's never had a microwave before just had me in tears because I was laughing so hard. Oh and the cufking Joe Jonas. :lol:

I hate the fact that he can't do normal things anymore. And he had a full blown panic attack after 10 minutes of watching Twilight? Omg. :( I feel so horrible for him. I hate the fact that I'm contributing to his being scared of fans, even though I wouldn't be screaming until my vocal cords gave out just because I was meeting him. I'm not scary, Rob! I promise! Or at least I don't think I am...

Now that we know that he does in fact read all the junk people say about him on the internet, I was almost afraid to keep posting. Almost. But then I realized that we probably give him something to giggle about. And knowing that he could be reading our posts and could be giggling about them....yeah *wets* Hahaha.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

akire wrote:Throughout the whole GQ interview he just sounded so... uncomfortable with himself and the whole Twilight phenomenon! Which, to me, is all the more endearing...
Yeah, but honestly, isn't that why most of us love him so much? Because he's so the opposite of all the stuck-on-himself, I-am-so-damn-fabulous Hollywood types that they are churning out by the puke inducing bucketloads these days!

Yes, he's beautiful. (Sorry Rob, accept the truth, Hon. There just isn't another word) And, yes, he's playing a character that 99% (ok Team Jake-ites, 95%) of women out there who know anything about the saga would sacrifice their current partner to find. But, for the love of all that is holy, honestly there is so much more there than that. He's very intelligent. He's AMAZINGLY talented, and multi-talented to boot. By all reports, he's a total sweetheart, a gentleman. But, he's got a fabulous sense of humor and knows how to cut loose and have a little fun with people he's comfortable with. And yet, despite all of that, he honestly believes he's nothing special and he can't get what we all see. So, throw disablingly humble into the mix of perfect as well!!! Crap on a Cracker!!!!!! Holy Hell!!!!!!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
DarkMuse
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

I feel like I just got done having my way with Rob. I'm completely exhausted. Lol.
All the new pics and the GQ article got me all excited and now I'm coming down
from my Rob high. Haha.

I did just find this little gem though. Nikki! It's the white shirt picture! :D

Caryn - Yeah I agree with you. The fact that Rob isn't a pompous as.s and all self involved just makes him all that more the greater. He knows how much of a dork he is and I love him for it.
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

The white shirt looks so damn good, why didn't they keep that wardrobe for the movie??? :? 'Tis a mystery to me. (Oh Kristiner, any luck with that message you sent for me??)

Ok so I found this exciting little teaser, and though I doubt it is an official poster, it still got me all eager for the movie. Doesn't it toooootally evoke the moody, suffering Edward when he's away from Bella? Rob makes depression look hot. No surprise there.
Image Image
DarkMuse

Post by DarkMuse »

I so wish they would have kept that wardrobe! At least Rob should have been able to.
Not that I don't like the blue shirt, but the white one was just much sexier. And I do
love the shirt on Kristen, but it makes her look washed out. So I'm kinda glad they
changed hers.

Mandy - Thank you for the teaser poster! I doubt it's a real one, but it's so good!
I love Emoward/Darkward! He does make depression look sexy. Lol. And sorry, but
still no word about the message. It hasn't even been read yet. :(
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

DarkMuse wrote:I feel like I just got done having my way with Rob. I'm completely exhausted. Lol.
All the new pics and the GQ article got me all excited and now I'm coming down
from my Rob high. Haha.

I did just find this little gem though. Nikki! It's the white shirt picture! :D

Caryn - Yeah I agree with you. The fact that Rob isn't a pompous as.s and all self involved just makes him all that more the greater. He knows how much of a dork he is and I love him for it.

DarkMuse, thank you for that little teaser of Rob in the white shirt! Its sooo nice when I wake up, check the Lex, and the first thing that I see are pics of Rob! Ahhh......

I could offer to comfort Rob when he gets freaked out by all the fandom.....hee!hee! :twisted:
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Yes, he's beautiful. (Sorry Rob, accept the truth, Hon. There just isn't another word) And, yes, he's playing a character that 99% (ok Team Jake-ites, 95%) of women out there who know anything about the saga would sacrifice their current partner to find. [/color]
I guess I am in the 1% that absolutely cannot stand Edward...I love Robert, and I love that he was playing Edward and I think he did well, but I just do not like Edward the character..
Vampire4eva
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Vampire4eva »

I would take Rob over Edward any day, hes just so much more than that character and nothing like Edward.
The article was good but really didnt tell me anything new it just enforced what I already thought about him, I did like the comment he made about sleeping in the dogs bed :lol:
Is it possible to like him and admire even more than I already do.
Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet »

offtopic a little bit but it's about rob... have you read this?
http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-engli ... ating.html
megan is hot, but i always imagined rob with someone more sophisticated... i think she's beautiful and hot but kind of too sluty for rob.... of course if this is true :lol:
join the dark side, we have cookies :)