Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by navarre »

I personally think it's time that she take the manuscript down. It's been up long enough for people to read and download if they wished. In so doing that, it might become an "out of sight-out of mind" thing after a while. Yeah, I know, wishful thinking, but still......
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

Personally, I think that SM is making this a big deal as media attention.
Not saying that she needs any, but still, it makes a good story for a famous author such as herself to have all the media attention on her.
And it is not a direct criticism to SM, but she is the author of the book, so it is HER call to finish it or not. All this babbling about I-will-finish-if-I-stop-hearing-about-it crap makes no sense at all, because if she really wants to do it, she will! It's that simple! So, if her choice is to not write the book for now due to all the stressful events (leakage, media pressure, fan pressure, unrelated people commenting on what she should do and etc), she is entirely free to do so. I totally get how that can be really annoying.... If the leaking broke her heart and killed her motivation, then she should really take a break and start when she is ready.
I just don't agree with the excuses she is giving to the media. Really, she should just tell the truth... But then, maybe she shouldn't, she should keep her lame excuses and have all her fans hovering on her, whining and begging for her to finish MS.
She said that it's not edited and that's not the way she wants us to read it... Big deal! She should just go ahead and edit it and add or delete things that she feels necessary! This punishing the readers for someone's lack of loyalty to her is sooooo fifth grade... I don't even think that the leaked draft would interfere with MS's actual publication. If all members from this forum are as committed as I am to SM's writing and the saga, reading it online will not stop anyone from buying it!
I really really love the Twilight saga and as soon as I saw the MS draft on her website I downloaded it. Of course I want to read it! And there is nothing I wish more than for SM to finish MS. I will wait, though. I'll be patient until the day she finally decides to publish. If one day she decides not to, I will understand and have appreciated MS's draft.
I just hope she doesn't keep on giving these excuses for too long....
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that SM will finish it at some point!

When I turned my friends onto the TW series, I also encouraged them to read MS. To me, reading MS was like cooking/baking with real cream as opposed to skim milk-it just adds a "richness" to the story that makes it even better and more complete...
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

When I read about what happened on SM's site..
I felt like I was going to vomit up my stomach..
Edward is by far my favourite character.. and to be able to get a glimpse into his mind.. oh boy!
I had my doubts about reading the first 12 chapters.. and I actually thought it wouldn't be better than Twilight, but it was better.
As for it being leaked.. personally I wouldn't let that stop me. I can understand how it's made her upset and everything.. but.. surely she has the urge to finish off Edwards story?
She would rather kill me, than finish a book...

IS SHE CRAZY FOR THINKING THAT SHE WANTS PEOPLE TO FORGET ABOUT IT?
I will never forget it for as long as I live.. how the most beautiful story on earth was leaked onto the internet and has remained unfinished... IM NEVER GOING TO FORGET IT.
Now that she has released the first 12 chapters.. it's like teasing us.. making a dog chase after half a bone or something.
She's released part of it, why not finish it rather than stabbing the hearts of millions of her fans?
Doesn't she love us at all? Doesn't she love Edward at all?
Now that the Twilight Series has finished.. she can't just stop..ka-put.. and that being the end of the characters.

Or maybeee.... :!: She is finishing it right now.. and is going to surprise us one day... and she'll announce the release date and everything....
I'm serious when I say.. that would be the best day of my life.

She is looney for wishing that people will forget about it... I mean, its been over half a year since it's happened.. and have people forgotten about it? No!! We certainly haven't, when we have 3-ish threads on it :mrgreen:
If all else fails...

*bangs head on table and throws a tantrum on the floor* "pleeeeeeeeeease stephenie, finishhhhhhhhhhh midniiiiiiiiiiiight sunnnnnnn waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

*rant finished*
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

i know its so sad i cant wait to read the full version its such a wonderful contrast to bella point of view
KolbyCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by KolbyCullen »

OMG! I heard that, and this is probably wrong but, they were gong to publish and release Midnight Sun this December. Has anyone heard something similer. I have sooooo much hope. I really hope this is correct. If anyone knows something please speak up. :D :D :D
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Where did you hear this?

If it was true, then Stephenie would've posted it on her site. And I highly doubt she would finish it now.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
TwilightFan86
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightFan86 »

At this point I wish SM would just tell us whether she's going to publish it or not. I really really really want it to be published and I think it would be my favourite book out of the whole saga. But I don't like having my hopes up like this. If she's not going to publish it, I wish she would just tell us so that I can grieve and then try to get over it.
KolbyCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by KolbyCullen »

As I said it probably is not true, but I read it on a form on the website savemidnightsun.com. My brother also heard that it was going to be finished and publised, but this is probably just a rumor that is slowly making its way around the internet. That is why I was asking around here if anyone has heard anyting. I figure here and SM website are the two places I look to for actual facts about the saga. I also agree that I wish at this point she would confirm that she is or isn't going to publish the book. I hope and pray that she finishes the book but I am very unsure at this point. :cry:
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

You know, TheTwilight Saga: The Official Guide has been pushed back at least 2-3 times. As of now it is supposed to be out 9/1/09. Who knows. But, wouldn't be awesome if in the Guide, she announced at the end of the book that MS will be published on so and so date?

But I agree with everyone above me on this page. "Come on, Steph, let's get the show on the road and get us the book already!" We need it!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict