Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by ashleygill03 »

Maybe Bella would minor in creative writing. I see her settling down into her life with Edward and Nessie, sitting back in the cottage, and writing. Maybe she would even open her own bookstore.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I agree that Bella would major in some form of English/Literature. I also think that she might have a minor in something that would include Mythology, just because it was a topic of discussion in Breaking Dawn. I guess I'd be more interested in Mythology too, if my whole life proved a few of the to be true.
steph wrote:Does anyone ever compare their significant others to edward, jacob, etc?
I definitely compare my husband to Edward. He laughs most of it off, but today, we actually got into a conversation about Twilight Vampires and he seemed interested. Maybe I'll be able to get him to read the books someday...*shrug*. But anyway, I definitely compare him to my fictional boyfriend. We even had a sort of silly conversation about what we'd do if one of us got turned into a vamp. :D
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I see Bella content with a quiet home life too. She has a child, so her family is her priority. If she opens the store, won't it be obvious someday when she has to close up shop? Carlisle is good at moving around for his work and working with the public, but I would think that Bella just seems more private about her day-to-day affairs.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

la_tua_cantante wrote:
steph wrote:Does anyone ever compare their significant others to edward, jacob, etc?
I definitely compare my husband to Edward. He laughs most of it off, but today, we actually got into a conversation about Twilight Vampires and he seemed interested. Maybe I'll be able to get him to read the books someday...*shrug*. But anyway, I definitely compare him to my fictional boyfriend. We even had a sort of silly conversation about what we'd do if one of us got turned into a vamp. :D
My boyfriend has made me promise, multiple times, that if I was ever turned, I would turn him too. The other day, however, he got this look of almost disappointment when he realized he probably be a better werewolf; his body temp. runs high. And I'm still trying to get him to read the books! :)
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I call my husband my Edward...Nate is romantic...not in the same way as Edward, but then again, Edward is just from a different time. And single ladies...I just want to throw out coffee shops...thats where I met Nate! And you have to be assertive enough to make the first move. I didn't, but my friend did. (She went to their table, there was another guy there, and asked what High School they went too...then pulled the old, "Oh, you look so familiar, I thought I went to school with you...". It worked!)

I think Bella will go to school again, what do you do when you have eternity in an 18 year old body? I think she would study English Lit too, it fits. I think it would be awesome if she studied mythology because shes kinda an expert in a couple mythological creatures :D
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

[quote="Gabbie"]Generation Y actually finished in 1990. *Smart face*
quote]

Gen Y actually ended in 1994 from what I know. Sorry to contradict but I though you should know.

I'm 20 in May and seeing as this is a GEN Y thread I'm eligable to post here.

As for the question of Bella and Dartmouth.
I think when Renesmee is old enough, Bella will go back to education. I agree with those who say she may major in some form of English/Literature subject.
mcdowellswife
Wandering Through Town

Post by mcdowellswife »

Okay--pretty sure I fall into this thread as I am a youthful 23.

I think if Bella were to actually attend college, she would major in literature. Her life seemed pretty intertwined, so to speak, with literature (Wuthering Heights, Jane Austen, Romeo & Juliet, etc.), so it seems only natural that she would study it more in depth.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Gen Y goes all the way to 1994! Does that sound insanely young to anyone else? I guess it's nearly 10 years after me...someone born in 1994 is only 14!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

awesomejen1 wrote:Gen Y goes all the way to 1994! Does that sound insanely young to anyone else? I guess it's nearly 10 years after me...someone born in 1994 is only 14!
Haha, that's what happens when you're in the upper end of a generation, I guess. But you're right, I find it hard to believe that a 14-year-old is in my generation.

We'd probably have a love of Twilight in common, however. :lol:
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Now who decides what years are in a 'generation' anyway? I never seem to find that the years are the same. Some years overlap, but most of the time there's a huge timespan covered with the generation. It sounds silly, how can people 15 years apart grow up watching the same cartoons or wearing the same fashion trends? If gen Y ends at 1994, this generation is out of touch with itself, just my opinion. I was watching the original Power Rangers and Gargoyles in '94 while they were in diapers!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back