General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Saga #4

Post by cullens_love »

Why are Jacobs sisters not shapeshifting?

Is it because they are not around, so they are not close to vampires?
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I just got finished with the first chapet SM & the Renegade Characters. I have not laughed so hard since HP & the PoA in 15 minutes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rings, I can't thank you enough for that link. Perfect!!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

cullens_love wrote:Why are Jacobs sisters not shapeshifting?

Is it because they are not around, so they are not close to vampires?
One of his sisters is in Hawaii, which isn't exactly prime real-estate for vampires, what with the sun and all. Leah is the exception to the rule that females don't become shape-shifters. That's why she's so sure she's barren, because other girls like Rachel get imprinted on by wolves, they don't become wolves themselves.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

navarre wrote:I just got finished with the first chapet SM & the Renegade Characters. I have not laughed so hard since HP & the PoA in 15 minutes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rings, I can't thank you enough for that link. Perfect!!!
I love the way she portrays Mike. And later, Jacob.

Also- poor, poor Edward. :lol:
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

navarre wrote:
purple_panda wrote:ok so i recently reread eclipse, and i was wondering why leah is the first female to start shapeshifting. im sure over the years other women had been descendents and were depressed/sad enough to start phasing, but they didnt. so the question is, why is leah the first woman to phase?
I'm going on assumption here, but I think Leah is like Jacob & Quil and has it on both sides of the family instead of just one side. She remarks in BD about her impressive pedigree and if Jacob had not been Alpha or stepped up, whichever, then Seth most likely would have been the Alpha. She just so happened to be affected by the vampires return like everyone else. I'm sure there is more to it than that, but that's how I see it in a nutshell.

Rings may know more about this than I do.
I agree here and would just like to add that if you look at the Quileutes' history, after Taha Aki left, they only kept three wolves at a time as vampires only came passing through alone or in pairs. They would easily take them by suprise and destroy them but now that the Cullens are there and drawing in others, it's reviving the dormant gene in ways they've never seen as they've never encountered something of this magnitude before. Surprises are bound to come up lol.

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

ringswraith wrote: I love the way she portrays Mike. And later, Jacob.

Also- poor, poor Edward. :lol:
"Dazzle, dazzle, dazzle." Haha!!!

Image Image Image
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

Wow. I got to reading "Uterus of Steel". OH. EM. GEE! It's so hilarious. Favorite line EVER!: Just because you have a man crush on sparkle f*** doesn't change the rules.

Wow. I love you guys. I so needed this.

So, I have another opinion question, probably doesn't have a quantifiable answer but: what do you think would've happened to Bella if the Cullens never came back to Forks? I know it's been said that Jacob was the natural course her life would've taken but would she have been in any shape for another boyfriend, let alone a life's mate?

What about college? We know she didn't care about school; would she have just slipped even further into oblivion - just gone to school locally and been an android the rest of her life? Or maybe she wouldn't even have gone.

Or do you think Edward was right? Do you think she would have eventually moved on? Not forgotten, but able to pick herself up and function normally and even happily for Charlie and Jacob and the rest of her friends.

Personally, it makes me sad to think of her all alone and wallowing like that for so long, so I instinctively think she would move on - but only after a LONG time.
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Lacuna Scion wrote:Wow. I got to reading "Uterus of Steel". OH. EM. GEE! It's so hilarious. Favorite line EVER!: Just because you have a man crush on sparkle f*** doesn't change the rules.

Wow. I love you guys. I so needed this.

So, I have another opinion question, probably doesn't have a quantifiable answer but: what do you think would've happened to Bella if the Cullens never came back to Forks? I know it's been said that Jacob was the natural course her life would've taken but would she have been in any shape for another boyfriend, let alone a life's mate?

What about college? We know she didn't care about school; would she have just slipped even further into oblivion - just gone to school locally and been an android the rest of her life? Or maybe she wouldn't even have gone.

Or do you think Edward was right? Do you think she would have eventually moved on? Not forgotten, but able to pick herself up and function normally and even happily for Charlie and Jacob and the rest of her friends.

Personally, it makes me sad to think of her all alone and wallowing like that for so long, so I instinctively think she would move on - but only after a LONG time.
Well, the possibilities are many. I think Bella and Jacob could, eventually, fall in love with each other and be together. But it would take longer, maybe, since Jacob is younger than Bella. But I really don't think she'd be able to forget Edward completely. Part of her would always be waiting for him to come back.

And Bella didn't care about school because in Eclipse - where the topic came up - she was far too busy obsessing over turning into a vampire, as ringswarth pointed in other post. So, without this factor, maybe she could get more interest on her future as human.

Not that she would be a human for too long. Because there was still Alice's premonition: either Bella would turn into a vampire, either she'd die. Victoria was still around, so there were Jacob's pack.

It's difficult to give a right answer, because the possibilities are many. Jacob could imprint one someone, for example. There are tons of fanfics in FF.net with this plot "What if Edward and the Cullens never came back in NM".
perfect.shade.ofblue
Wandering Through Town

Post by perfect.shade.ofblue »

do vampire's have body hair?
cos they're always being described as smooth and marbley, but they must have some form of forearm/facial/leg/err..."other lower down hair" cos they would have had it when they changed (hense what they have the normal head hair lol)
unless, i dunno, it dissolves or somthing...hmmm, whatcha reckon guys?

p.s. sorry for always lowering the tone haha :?
Suddenly everything was on fire;
There was brilliancy,
There was beauty.

*Jacob can go LaPush himself off a cliff* - TEAM EDWARD

&
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Yes, they have body hair. They're frozen in whatever state they were in at the time of transformation- why would they suddenly lose body hair and yet have full heads of hair (and eyebrows, eyelashes)?

They just can't grow more hair. Or regrow it if it's been cut.