Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #9

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

ringswraith wrote:
So, every so often lurking around here has its merits.

Like the above link. I'd been wondering what all the fuss was about this whole Wide Awake thing, and I started reading last night. I must say, the author's done an incredible job with the characters.

Also, when I read this line today, I had to smile:
So when ten arrived, I happily skipped out the door and made my way over to Edward’s house. I had made him his favorite dinner. Chicken Alfredo.
People who know Giovanni will understand why. :D
rings, I have to be honest ~ when I read WA the first time and read the Chicken Alfredo line, my first thought was of Giovanni! ;)
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

I don't understand why Kristen had a pissy face in that one picture. I don't know why she has her hand on his thigh like that either. I would gladly take her place though. :D Lol.

The tongue picture is just yummy. Glad I could be of torture...I mean of service. Hahaha.

And I'm glad another guy is reading WA. Yay! I gotta go see if there are updates. Dammit there aren't any yet! Grrrrrr.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:
ringswraith wrote:
So, every so often lurking around here has its merits.

Like the above link. I'd been wondering what all the fuss was about this whole Wide Awake thing, and I started reading last night. I must say, the author's done an incredible job with the characters.

Also, when I read this line today, I had to smile:
So when ten arrived, I happily skipped out the door and made my way over to Edward’s house. I had made him his favorite dinner. Chicken Alfredo.
People who know Giovanni will understand why. :D
rings, I have to be honest ~ when I read WA the first time and read the Chicken Alfredo line, my first thought was of Giovanni! ;)
Haha! Thanks for saying that! :D
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Oh. My.Gods!!!!!!

I am seriously in pain from laughing soooo hard...

My husband FINALLY convinced me to sit down and watch the movie with the commentary on.

Oh Holy Hells Bells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Rob is so completely random sometimes, but sooooo adorable.

One word, kids: coccyx. When he says that, I fracking lost it and NEVER got it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

"Rosalie, stop breaking my bowls!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

"Did you just fall on your as.s?"

"Great mustache!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I seriously cannot stop.

"Coccyx" *Cookie!*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
DarkMuse
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Caryn - I am so ashamed of you! You had to be CONVINCED to watch the commentary? By your husband? After all the talk we've been doing on here about it? *shakes head* Wow. Just..wow. :lol:

Yes, the coccyx part was indeed hilarious. Hearing him say it...*swoongigglesnort*

"That's a great moustache" reminds me of "I grew this moustache" which of course leads to "did you see the bear?.....ROAR!" :lol: I <3 him so much.

Rob is the best ever. Haha.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

*feels left out*

Does anyone know if the coccyx part is on youtube anywhere?
:(

Me wanna hear it
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Jazz Girl wrote:Oh. My.Gods!!!!!!

I am seriously in pain from laughing soooo hard...

My husband FINALLY convinced me to sit down and watch the movie with the commentary on.

Oh Holy Hells Bells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Rob is so completely random sometimes, but sooooo adorable.

One word, kids: coccyx. When he says that, I fracking lost it and NEVER got it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

"Rosalie, stop breaking my bowls!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

"Did you just fall on your as.s?"

"Great mustache!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I seriously cannot stop.

"Coccyx" *Cookie!*
I'm very impressed that your husband would sit down and watch the DVD commentary with you. I don't think I could convince my husband to even watch the movie. :lol:

I loved the commentary too, especially for all of Rob's random comments and the way he said certain words like "saucy" and "naughty". His girlish giggle cracked me up too. I enjoyed listening to Kristen's and Catherine's comments as well, and it seems fairly obvious that Catherine has quite the fangirl crush on Rob herself. 8-)

The commentary did make the three of them seem a little more approachable and "real", and I almost felt like I was sitting around a table with them listening to them casually discuss the movie.

I'm guessing Rob is pretty uncomfortable watching himself on screen, as I'm sure many actors are. It seemed that during several of the more intense scenes (the restaurant scene, the kiss), Rob would make reference to his "sculpted eyebrows", his "butt chin" or his "bouffaint (sp?) hairdo", almost like he was trying to deflect the attention by making fun of himself or his character a little bit. Rob just seems so incredibly humble, and so not interested in all this fame stuff. And that makes him even more attractive and appealing as a person.
Banner by TammyAZ
DarkMuse

Post by DarkMuse »

Jade - Aww I'm sorry. I'm trying to find a video on youtube right now so you can hear it.
No luck so far though. :(

I'll def. post it as soon as I find it. Unless someone else beats me to it.

Meanwhile, here's a video of most of the commentary all mixed into one. Rob does a lot of giggling at the beginning. :D

Tracy - I agree with everything you said. He is that much more endearing being as humble as he is. I love it. I just hope he stays that way. The moment he stops being that way is the moment everything will go downhill. So far so good though. Yay!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

DarkMuse wrote:Jade - Aww I'm sorry. I'm trying to find a video on youtube right now so you can hear it.
No luck so far though. :(

I'll def. post it as soon as I find it. Unless someone else beats me to it.

Meanwhile, here's a video of most of the commentary all mixed into one. Rob does a lot of giggling at the beginning. :D

Tracy - I agree with everything you said. He is that much more endearing being as humble as he is. I love it. I just hope he stays that way. The moment he stops being that way is the moment everything will go downhill. So far so good though. Yay!
Kristiner, thanks so much for that link to the abridged commentary. I nearly fell out of the chair again laughing so much! Now we can refer back to that video for a little Rob pick-me-up when we don't have two full hours to devote to the entire commentary.

Some of my favorite comments were: "a little bit saucy" (the way he says saucy...to die for)
"garden burger"
"rock solid gelled hair"
"Where's Ephron?"
" Never trust a guy who plucks his eyebrows."
"My whole head looks like it's had a face lift." (WTH?! :lol: :lol: )

Could Rob be any funnier? You just don't expect someone so incredibly good-looking and talented to be so incredibly silly. I love it!
Banner by TammyAZ
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Oh, good Lord.

I just got past the unicorns. Suddenly I get all the excitement induced by that term.

And cookies.

But something else entirely caught my attention. It was the line about defiling the kitchen.

And Giovanni is a chef.

I'm trying very hard not to come up with lines about that for my fanfic. I'm not entirely certain I can keep a straight face if I have Gio say something so innocuous-sounding as "I need to warm up the oven." :lol:

Just thought I'd share that with y'all. :mrgreen: