Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by bac »

I've done it, but found a way around it so that I don't feel so silly about it....

I went to Target and bought the 3 disc version of the DVD. I haven't watched it yet though. I have only watched the DVD once so far. But here is how I got around feeling silly about buying the movie that I already had (just to get more features). I asked my niece if she had the movie yet. She said no, that her mom said that if she wanted the movie she had to buy it herself and she hadn't decided whether she wanted to spend her money on it or not. Her 16th birthday is coming up and I thought that would be perfect for a present. I informed her not to buy it and that I would give her one. She will be getting an open and viewed one that only has 2 discs instead of 3, but hey she is getting it.

GM is working all night tonight so I think I see a Twilight DVD night ahead.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

How many times have you watched Twilight since it came out on DVD?

I know you're all going to be expecting this from me...
1) At the release party we threw last Saturday
2) With the commentary turned on (that same night)
3) Again with the commentary the next morning (the commentary is HILARIOUS! I just want to grab Rob, give him a hug, tousle that mangy but wexy hair of his, and tease him mercilessly about his bouffant and eyebrows)
4) Again Monday night when I couldn't get to sleep, and yes, with the commentary turned on.

My favourite "extra" is the Vampire Kiss montage that can be found on the 3-disc deluxe edition (Di, you can get the 3-disc set at HMV!!! I think it's the only place in Canada that carries it.) Holy hot! For those of you without the third disc, *cough* go to youtube and look up *cough* "vampire kiss montage" and you'll see it.
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

oleander, thanks for sharing about the 3-disc location. Would you believe my hubby (the one who refuses to watch it) researched it for me and came to the same realization - then made sure that on our travels today that we went to the mall (ugh - the mall on a Saturday afternoon? - ugh ugh) to purchase it? What a good man! I'm going to wait to watch it, and see if some of my pals want to make an evening of it. We are scheduled to get together to watch some Jane Austen or something like that. At work on Friday, one of my co-workers wore her recently purchased Twilight t-shirt (bought at Walmart for an affordable price) and I wore my "Runs with Vampires" t-shirt, causing someone to ask "is it vampire day here?" I need to go buy that Twilight shirt - you can never have too many! I was wearing my Cafe Press Twilight shirt and a salesperson asked "is that Twilight the book or the movie?" (I know that sounds asinine, but I guess because the style was different than the title logo) - I advised her that the book was better than the movie, but that it referred to both.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
CarissaCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by CarissaCullen »

I was at a high school equestrian team meet when the movie came out, and our team is full of twilight obsessed girls, so we hosted a viewing of it for anyone interested after our events were done for the night. It was pretty awesome. It was mostly just people from our team, but a couple from other teams as well.
"Between the pain and nothing, I chose nothing"
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Target's DVD?

Post by melting into you »

Not sure this is the right place to ask this. I finally settled in all excited to watch the DVD from Target. I'm so bummed. I only played 3 minutes and it's that stupid box where the actual movie is so tiny and the box takes up the whole screen. I thought Target was wide screen? This is drivng me nuts.

Does anyone know if other stores have the wide screen and which one so I can go buy another one. I really don't want to see this move all crunched up. Grrr. I could have sworn in my research of all the places selling it that Target said wide screen on it? I want to pull that movie out of the middle LOL SO glad I saw it twice in the theatre or I'd really be bummed.

So what store has it so it's not boxed it? Thanks!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Welcome Melting into you and CarissaCullen.

Melting into you- the term wide screen means that it is in the black box so you see the whole wide screen that you would see in the movie theater. The term full screen means that it won't have the black lines on the top and bottom, but will show on the full TV screen. I hope that makes sense, but it sounds like you want to buy the Full screen version, not the wide screen version. I don't know where to buy it, but in your research, look for full screen. Good luck finding what you are looking for.

LadyDi, what a great hubby. He definitely knows his woman! Enjoy watching the DVD.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

Thank you so much. I'll check out who carries the fulls screen, maybe none do. If anyone know please PM me or let me know on here. Thanks!
SSVD
Settled in Forks

Post by SSVD »

oleander! I've heard that the commentary is great, but haven't had a chance to watch it that way yet! I can't tell you how many times I've watched it, in full or just in passing because someone else in the house happened to have it on, frankly, I think I would be shocked to know the true number of times myself. Anyway... everytime I've tried to pop it in just to hear the commentary, someone else comes in the room! Like just putting the DVD in is a call to everyone in the house to come enjoy it all over again! I think I'm just going to have to lock myself in my room, pop it in my computer and put on the headphones to avoid the interruptions!!
~~ SSVD ~~ GTO ~~ MSQ ~~
Stupid Shiny Designs
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Welcome Melting Into You and CarissaCullen!!

This weekend hubby and I were out and about, he had a Best Buy gift card burning a hole in his pocket so we went. He saw the display for Twilight and said, "If you want, go ahead and get it." *Squee!! Course then he tells me that I am not allow to deduct it from his gift card. Silly, like I would. Di our hubbys were SO with it this weekend!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Katwomankath
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Katwomankath »

Ok, so I now have 3 different copies of the Twilight Movie. One from Boarders, one from Walmart, and one from Target. Don't ask they just mysteriously ended up there... That is the story I'm sticking to. I haven't had time to watch any of them!

My daughter's dance studio had their first competition this last week and the preparation prior to that was a huge amount of work for me. It paid off though the studio did great, my daughter won an All Star award and a scholarship for master dance lessons and was invited to perform at Nationals, and my costumes and props looked great on stage.

Now I have to get my tax info together and to the accountant. All the while my husband is slowly moving to and working in another state.

Whew...I will be happy when things slow down and I can finally plant on the couch with popcorn and a soda to watch all of the CDs of Twilight.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!