Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by cullengirl »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:I have a small prediction..it's NOT a spoiler. I'm guessing that Stryker's daughter will be Nick's HEA. Stryker hates Nick. Stryker loves his daughter. She's very independent and not altogether evil. Nick isn't altogether good. Their coupling will bridge the factions, and any offspring will be major powerful.
Huh, I would have never thought of those two together but now that you mention it, GNE, it does make sense. I was wondering if that was possible considering she already had a mate and a baby. If they did get together, then there will be a whole slew of questions on how Stryker will proceed from there.

RE: Eliminating the humans... I was a little confused at that too. I guess they just want to destroy the whole world and everyone in it. :roll:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Sometimes I think they hope that if they can destroy the humans, they'll be saved by the gods or the gods will no longer punish them. However, I know that they want to destroy Apollo and if he is eliminated the world will end (because there will be no sun). So...do they really care if the humans die? Because if they are able to destroy Apollo...they are all dead anyway. Sometimes I think that full on rage and vengeance isn't well thought through, it's weighted heavily on the emotional side of things...which isn't the smartest course of action.

I just am eager to see more Jaden...I am really liking him and I want to see Nick healed and the relationship between him and Ash, healed. I know, I know, but seriously that isn't asking for much...really. It's not like I said I want *inner monologue* :twisted: :shock: :o :oops: :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I have to admit I always saw the daimons as just wanting to be in control of the world. I know they don't care how many humans die in the process of them getting their wish, but I think they never planned to completely do away with humans. I think they know they need the food source, but I think they see a world where humans are bred and kept in cages just waiting to be fed to a daimon. I think it's more about domination and not having to stalk their prey. Or worry about DHs coming after them as well.

Anyway, just what I was thinking....

Thank you Naureen!!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Fan: I think you nailed it right there. The humans will be caged cattle.

Stryker's daughter having had a mate and child before has no bearing whatsoever on her & Nick possibly getting together. Even if she were a Were, it wouldn't be a problem because she's female. Only the Weres are mated until death, and only the men truly suffer.

I'm curious about Jaden and Jared. I won't spoil.

What book are we on now?
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote: What book are we on now?
Um... we had said through Ash, but I don't mind making it through all the books, since most of us regulars have read them all... Is that correct? All in favor, say "aye." :D
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Aye! I finished Dream Warrior last night. Talk about leaving it off on a cliffhanger! :shock: I'm so confused with the whole demon thing and I have no idea where Kenyon is going with her story arc. I know that Jaden's story is coming up soon. Other than that, I'm lost.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I'm all for opening all the remaining books for discussion!

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying rereading the series! Made it all the way thru Wulf's book yesterday and I have to say, it so interesting to go back and reread Sk's little hints, especially about Ash, when you already know all about him from his book. I didn't think I would enjoy them as much the second time around, but I do!

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

So are we in agreement to start talking about all books through the currently released (Dream Hunter)??

If so, I can give you my reactions on Stryker!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

ALL BOOKS ARE NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
This includes discussion on Stryker and Jericho.

Do we also want to open up discussion on theories? NOT SPOILERS, but any ideas on where the story line will head now?
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I think theories should definitely be offered up!

Ok, about Stryker...I had a difficult time getting into his book. Maybe it was cause he's a bad guy and has been for so long that I can't see him in a romantic light at all? I dunno exactly, but it just didn't work for me. I thought there was a lot of interesting info in his book though.

I liked Jericho...although the whole "guy with trust issues" is getting a little old :roll: But I was glad they got their HEA...and the reunion with Leta was nice to read. I felt like the love story was kinda just slipped in there so SK could hit readers with this new plot line though. We're getting to know a lot about the Dream Hunters, but I was so not expecting the direction the book took. I know everyone has to be with me in wondering what the heck is up with Jared and Jaden!! Brothers? Friends? More? Don't know where to go with that one...and I have to admit to not remembering a whole lot about Jared...

And then there's the ending with M'Ordant....there's a spy somewhere....and he's related to Nick?? Only way I can see that is he's related on Nick's mom's side of the family somehow? Nick's constantly changing status is making my head spin, to be honest. Human, squire, Dark Hunter, bad guy, malachai??? Sheesh....I'm not sure what to expect anymore when it comes to Nick. And was it just me or did it seem he and Ash were heading toward helaing? I'm curious about the new characters Ash has pulled into the story to train Nick. Wonder if they are gonna play any bigger roles?

Ok, stopping there for now, but I'm sure the more I reflect the more I'll have to add :D

Thank you Naureen!!