Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by Wingtear »

I have no idea what tweezers is, so I'll pass on this one.
I'm really just popping in to let you know I'm still alive, I've just felt really strange lately. And FB steals a lot of time, mainly the chat function since it's the only place for me to chat with my newfound Lex-friends from the US. Not a good excuse, but still...

We have snow now, and below freezing all the time. And some wind... :roll: wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that the car have to be outside the garage now since inside it's filled with D's furniture. We went to his study home and emptied it out, he's finally come home. Because he failed in school. Now he's training to get fit enough to pass the tests to become a coastal guard. more school... yay...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Facebook is addictive! (and so much fun) :P

Good luck with the house and job and cold weather wingtear. Getting married and adjusting to life together does take time. Snuggle up in the warm house!

I like your banner. Me likes some Jacob (even though he is way too young!)
by Laniyeah on photobucket
LisaCullenAZ
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by LisaCullenAZ »

Just popping in to see how the lex is doing in my absence. I see the Hash is dying without me... :lol:
...masterpiece created by Chaos. Thank you!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Lisa, I love your banner! How are things?

Like Bac says, FB is slightly addictive and I've been playing there with that silly Yoville thing.

I can't remember where we left off on the Twilightize. Anyone?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I agree FB (or as GNE calls it Crackbook) is very addictive. I'm loving YoVille because I'm having fun seeing how many houses I can but and then figuring out how to decorate them.

Tweezers:
For Bella's 20th birthday, Jacob bought her a pair of tweezers as a joke. So she can keep her chin hair in check.
Bella gave Emmett a pair of tweezers so he could manage his growing uni-brow
Edward decided that the tweezers would come in handy during his and Bella's "baking" sessions.
Seeing that her hair always ends up like a haystack so he decided for fun to try and find the needle.

Twilightize: shaving cream
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Carrie80
Settled in Forks

Post by Carrie80 »

Holy crap it took friggin forever to find this page!!! Are we still up and running here? What's that about tweezers??? I've missed out on a lot-but with the movie now in my possession...who wants to dish-in a "Heavenly-Hash" type way that can involve chatting here and not in the movie room???

Hi to all of my friends!
bac

Post by bac »

Sounds fun Carrie. Did you wanna talk about the movie or do like a twilightize of things from the movie.

For instance, there are still a couple of things that stand out to me as things that bug me in the movie. Rosalie with the salad wearing gloves and Bella not having her bag with the book she just got from Port Angeles when Edward drops her off at the police station.

There are things I love...the graduation caps, Edward's kiss on Bella's neck at the end, Jasper swinging and playing with the bat in the baseball scene, well, I guess I could keep going, so I'll stop.

So let's twilightize from the movie specifically and see if we can make it work, if not then we'll try something else.

The last up for twilightize was : Shaving Cream

(I'll let the next person do it)
Carrie80
Settled in Forks

Post by Carrie80 »

Oh, I'm up for anything. Again, I find myself loving the fact that nothing is on television which gives me the excuse to cue up the dvd player, which amazingly enough still has Twilight in it. Hmmm, how about that? ;)

At some point, when the fascination stage has passed me, I intend to sit and write down, for my own amusements, all of the things that are out of order, or done incorrectly. Again, only for my own amusement. I do love the graduation cap scene, and the whole intro to the family with the cooking. Rosalie with gloves on, bugged me, I'm sure there could have been another way to have her break the dish without the "protective" gloves on. I LOVE the baseball scene, and even though it is different, I love the ballet studio fight scene. Hardwick said that since it's all from Bella's pov-and she's losing blood and gaining venom and what-not she doesn't see everything and misses out on the actual events, so it was entirely possible that all of those things were happening in the background.

I was, and continue to be frustrated at KS's lack of "girlie-ness" I mean, not that Bella was sappy by any stretch, but she was more emotional or with feeling, where as in the movie, I felt totally disconnected from her because she seemed almost too unemotional and removed from the situation... And Rob....if he was a little less broody, a little more expressive with his looks to her, and not a total mess in real life, he'd be very very attractive. He has his moments in this film though, I'll give him that....

I was telling LisaCullenAZ that one of my favorite scenes is at the very end during the credits, when Radiohead's "15 Step" is playing and the last scene is of the two of them dressed in the old fashioned silent movie clothing, filmed in black and white, when he leans down to bite her neck and we see the title "twilight" for the movie....ahhhh mixed with the music, that is my FAVORITE scene. It completes the experience for me, which is I'm sure what the intention was behind it all...and even though the acting left MUCH to be desired, i can't help getting excited for New Moon.

There's just something so nice about seeing the characters on screen doing the work for you. I love to read them, don't get me wrong, and thank GOD Spring break is almost upon me so I can DIVE into the series again, but for now, not having the time to do that, it's nice to have it on in the background while I clean the house or make dinner :P

AND for those of you out there who, on rainy days, have that irrational-butterfly-in-the-stomach-thought--"what if Edward really existed," I love how this series totally messes with your rational thoughts to make you almost believe....what-if and "maybe" there is something out there with this mystical-magical fictional way of life ;-)

Shaving Cream--what's with Edward's 5 O'Clock shadow??? That bugged me a smidge.
As for Jasper....all Im going to say, is look at the special features, when they are going through and introducing the characters and we get to Alice and Jasper, there's a scene where they're in the car, behind the scenes, and he grins at the camera and cocks his eyebrow.....HOLY CRAP I rewind that EVERY-TIME!!!

Fur Coat (your thoughts on Victoria's)

OH another annoying thing-did anyone else notice, Victoria at the prom in the FIRST scene when they have just entered the room? She's in the back looking through something as if she were a regular guest. You mean to tell me, Edward couldn't smell her or hear her thoughts? :? And, where was Alice & Jasper? It was their prom too.
bac

Post by bac »

I have only watched the DVD one time since I got it and I haven't had a chance to watch the special features yet. I know, how could I have all those special features and not have watched them yet...I don't know. I am excited to watch them though.

Victoria's Fur Coat: I noticed Victoria with her fur coat at the prom as well...right when they walk in. In fact, I noticed that when I saw it in the theater. The coat is such a defining trait for Victoria (not that it makes her who she is, just that no one else wears a coat like that in regular life and so we see the coat and know it's her) that as soon as I saw it in the prom I thought, Oh that is the coat like Victoria's and then at the end it was Victoria. So, I sort of like that the wild furry white coat is associated with her.

Prom, you know Carrie, I had totally forgotten about the other siblings being there, but you are right...how come they weren't there and how come Edward couldn't smell her or read her mind. Interesting.

Twilightize/discuss: high heels (Rosalie wearing heels all the time)
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

High Heels...
I'm scrapping the Rose idea (since I didn't recognize anything in the movie, and is still a month away from the DVD release) and go with Bella instead... Still prom scene.
Where the duck is the heels? Excuse me? Would Alice -ever- let Bella go to a prom in sneakers? Nu-uh! She would have Bella in heels if she so had to wrestle her to the ground and glue them to her feet with two component glue. For me, it really took away some of the importance Edward had there, keeping her safe and steady even as she danced on those fearsome heels.

new item: Charlie's beer (as in, not mentioned in those amounts in the book, never seen without in movie)

Hi guys. I'm sorry I've been so absent lately, I have missed you! I just have a though time right now, i keep being tired and exhausted. Well, this weekend did no good, since I worked my a'ss off all of it, "voluntary"... (I never volunteered, still I was put in charge of a part of the arrangements for the Finnish Championships in Judo)
I will try to be more active now that it's finally over :)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK