Post by Jadey »

I don't see why people care if shes 'too young'

1. shes in LOVE
2. shes an adult
3. shes in LOVE
4. she wants to spend her existance with eddie
5. she LOVES him.

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: The Wedding

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

The wedding was just magical! I could truly imagine it! Some people are saying shes too young. But shes in love and everyone knows that! It was just truly magical!
Emma.
xoxo
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Jadey wrote:I don't see why people care if shes 'too young'

1. shes in LOVE
2. shes an adult
3. shes in LOVE
4. she wants to spend her existance with eddie
5. she LOVES him.

And she has already made the decision to become a vampire. A huge decision compared to marriage if you ask me. So if she is old enough to make that kind of decision, she is old enough to get married. Either way, she would be with Edward forever, and a marriage would only make the bond between them stronger.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Yes because love conquers all and divorce in nonexistant and young couples never ever fall apart. Everyone knows this, why are they still going on information that their own interactions with the world have shown them? And the othe rpeople in the story don't know about the supernatural aspect
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
sunnyshine
Settled in Forks

Post by sunnyshine »

I can't believe I haven't found this sooner!!!

I thought the wedding was beautiful. Almost everything I wanted it to be. Don't shoot me...but I wish Jacob hadn't came. Although I understand it was a gift to her and blah blah...I wish it had just been about Edward and Bella for once....no Jacob. I love that it was all Alice...she did a perfect job.

What I wouldn't give for Stephanie to write all the books in Edwards POV. That would be the most amazing thing ever and I would be glowing with glee for the rest of my life :lol:
teineakasoo
Settled in Forks

Post by teineakasoo »

sunnyshine wrote:but I wish Jacob hadn't came. Although I understand it was a gift to her and blah blah...

What I wouldn't give for Stephanie to write all the books in Edwards POV. That would be the most amazing thing ever and I would be glowing with glee for the rest of my life :lol:
I thought the same thing too, but then when I read the book, it made sense that Jacob should come. He was in fact her Best Man.

The only hiccup to his "gift" was that Bella let Jacob know that she was planning to consumate her marriage. Which any ex lover would hate to know!! LOL

Why didn't she lie and let Jacob think whatever, because it really wasn't any business of Jacobs', only she and Edwards'. So, I feel Bella should of know it would hurt Jacob by informing him of her later plans with Edward. I mean thru all of Eclipse she was hurting him by saying too much.

I must say, it did bring a nice clarity to the dream though. My heart went out to Jacob, but left with Edward on Honeymoon Night!! LOL

Ah if only I was able to convince Stephanie with Topaz eyes!! LOL!! I feel you, with the glowing with glee!! I will probably sparkle as bright as Edward!! LOL
Ihavemylion
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: A mind like Bella's & living the love of Edward and Bella in real life

Post by Ihavemylion »

In my head I pictured the wedding as absolutely beautiful. I loved how in the End Bella was so happy she was marrying Edward.

But with the honeymoon - thats the time I wished the book wasnt for young adults. :? LoL (and also after she changed)
It just skipped over everything. I wanted to know what she was thinking as everything began ( not to be dirty) just what were her feelings. Scared, excited, completely in bliss? Because that was a BIG part of the book. We were all wondering when it would happen, how, and what would be going on during it, after it. I know Im not the only person that was disappointed.
But it is categorized for young adults, so obviously those parts cant be described in detail.
Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901--Team Edward
Switzerland--Team Bella
Converted to Cullenism
Gen Y
Banner created by ♥midnight_sun♥
sunnyshine
Settled in Forks

Post by sunnyshine »

But with the honeymoon - thats the time I wished the book wasnt for young adults. LoL (and also after she changed)
It just skipped over everything. I wanted to know what she was thinking as everything began ( not to be dirty) just what were her feelings. Scared, excited, completely in bliss? Because that was a BIG part of the book. We were all wondering when it would happen, how, and what would be going on during it, after it. I know Im not the only person that was disappointed.
But it is categorized for young adults, so obviously those parts cant be described in detail.
omg...i completely agree. i wish we could read that from edwards POV in a non young adults edition :lol: again, not to be dirty...but after reading midnight sun...i just wish sooo bad that she'd write them all in his pov. *sigh* oh edward
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

teineakasoo wrote: Why didn't she lie and let Jacob think whatever, because it really wasn't any business of Jacobs', only she and Edwards'. So, I feel Bella should of know it would hurt Jacob by informing him of her later plans with Edward. I mean thru all of Eclipse she was hurting him by saying too much.

I must say, it did bring a nice clarity to the dream though. My heart went out to Jacob, but left with Edward on Honeymoon Night!! LOL
I agree with you that Bella kept hurting Jacob throughout the saga. Mostly by needing him so much. But some of it, Jacob brought upon himself. He knew that Bella was with Edward, so that fact that she would kiss and cuddle and do other things with Edward really shouldn't come as a shock to him. I don't think that it should be Bella's responsibility not to say things so that Jacob will not loose his temper. I think he was way out of line at the wedding upon finding out that she planned on a "normal" honeymoon. Yes, in retrospect she could see that it was not wise to tell him, but still, it is Jacob that must find the strength to control himself.
I think he kind of ruined her "gift" by behaving like that, and that he should have stayed more in control of himself.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Rosalie
Settled in Forks

Post by Rosalie »

I have to agree with most of you the wedding was great. I would have also like more detail in so many areas! I think BD could have easily been 2seperate books. It was almost as if she put too much in one book just to finish the sere is.

I will say I think Jacob HAD to be there! I truly believe Edward did the right thing by inviting him. Deep down Bella wanted him there and it should be HIS choice to come or not. There was never a doubt that she loved Jacob too just not the way she loved Edward. Problem was Jacob wouldn't take no for an answer! :shock: Bella didn't invite him for fear of hurting him more but like I said it should be Jacob's choice. He is a big boy and he should be given the choice not be treated like a kid who couldn't handle it.

I thought it was very sweet that they had a few dances together,

As for his blow up when Bella let it slip she and Edward where going to have a traditional honeymoon. that was to be expected. He loved her as more then a friend and was scared she would get physically harmed and really he was kind of right if you think about it...

The fact she did let it slip about the honeymoon you know so what. Yes it is a private thing BUT she is only 17 in the end. Frankly in that situation I can guarantee many adults would let that slip. then again sure they where kids but did Jacob REALLY think they wouldn't try to have a full marriage so to speak?