Gex X--the 30 something thread

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Unfortunately I didn't know about the connection when I was going through everything. We didn't have the internet, and doctors aren't always forthcoming. I definitely received the brunt from the Agent Orange expsoure. We (my sis, my parents and I) figured it was through my dad because my mom has never been sick a day in her life. She never had any problems getting pregnant (I was born 9 mos 21 days after their wedding). She miscarried when I was 10. That was it. She denies it now, but I remember when it happened.

I had more issues than what I listed, but I would sound like a hypochondriac if I listed them all. :lol: I've had lots of time to deal with it, so it isn't painful to discuss. I think I'm still a little bit in awe of it. How could so much happen to one person? I'm like the Forrest Gump of health maladies.

Wow, Jenni. Are you sure they aren't vets? Wow. I hope you find a treatment that works. That kind of pain is the worst. Do you think you may still have to have a hysterectomy? I'm glad I had mine. It took 2 years for all the endometriosis to die, but I've been pain free since 2001. I remember this day 7 years ago, I had a Lupron injection to help kill the endo. The things we remember....

I'm here if you need to vent about it, Jenni.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I am in awe with you Bac. The strength and caliber of women here is humbling to me. I appreciate all your candor and honesty, you make me proud to be able to call you friends. Thankfully I have been blessed to not have endured similar situations, but know my heart is heavy with yours. I am always amazed by the resiliency of women. Today is one of those days that I'm very thoughtful... I think about the survivors of 9-11 and realize in our world, the word survivor extends to more than just those that have suffered and lived through war. On this day I make of point of saying a prayer for the survivors and today the meaning of that to me has been extended.

*deep breath*

Job? How about jobs? I am an architect, I work the standard 8 to 5, Monday through Friday. However, sometimes I work evenings, early morning and weekends. I'm one of four in the firm I work for, I'm second in command. The president/boss was my mentor from another firm. When he left, I took his place, realized how bad management was there, and joined his firm. I'm not only a project architect, but office manager, write contracts, accounts billable, accounts receivable, gal-friday, and receptionist (I'm the only female here and the men here are like my husband, would rather ignore the phone than answer it, "girls sound better on the phone than a man answering"...grrrr :evil: ). I also teach once class a semester at the local university in their construction management department. I absolutely love it! If I ever get a masters it would be so I could teach full time. Occasionally I take on side work (residential projects: additions, remodels, etc) but lately I've been trying to take a break from it. I also am on the City's Historical Preservation Commission and am currently the Vice Chair. My hubby accuses me of being an overachiever...I still don't see it. :D
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Hmm, my dad is not a vet; I wasn't even aware that something like that could effect the children of vets. No, I am the only female of my family that has PCOS. My sister is only 21 and has always been regular, and we talk about stuff more now that she is "active." She used to complain about her period; I would tell her "at least you know when yours is going to show up." I had one 3 weeks ago, and before that, it had been 2 years!

As a matter of fact, I just got off the phone with a lady I used to go to church with, and we talked about our issues, what kinds of meds she is on, and so forth. I have been so lazy concerning this issue. When I was diagnosed at 17, which was 15 years ago, there was no real treatment. Doc put me on the pill just to regulate my cycle. When hubby and I went to see him in 2000 concerning options, we discussed putting me on Clomid. We had no insurance at the time, and we just really couldn't afford it, so that's why we waited. Doc said nothing about treating the physical manifestations of PCOS. No one I personally physically know has this. It's only through talking to you gals on here and my lady friend just now that I realized there are meds out there. So, now, in 2008.... I'm gonna do some research on the net and dig through the phone book to find a doc in my city who actually KNOWS what PCOS is and how to deal with it. Right now, my concern is NOT getting pregnant. My priority is getting my hormones leveled out... getting my "baking" urges back and feeling feminine. It would be a God-send if there were a female doc in my town who has the PCOS and understands first-hand.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

BlueStarlight wrote: No one I personally physically know has this. It's only through talking to you gals on here and my lady friend just now that I realized there are meds out there.

That is the reason why I don't mind discussing my former health problems. If anything I went through helps someone else, it lessens my feelings that I suffered needlessly. While sharing my problems didn't help directly, the discussion did. For that I am glad.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Hi there. My name is Chiara and I'm from Italy...I was wondering if I can join this thread even if I'm "almost" 30 :P
At first I thought I was a black swan in here...so many people in their teens. I'm glad to find other people who are about my age.
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Of course, Dimber. There is also a 20 something thread, adult thread Gutter Gals and more. There are plenty of adults on here and we love to talk about anything and everything. Enjoy the lex!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

dimber wrote:Hi there. My name is Chiara and I'm from Italy...I was wondering if I can join this thread even if I'm "almost" 30 :P
At first I thought I was a black swan in here...so many people in their teens. I'm glad to find other people who are about my age.
Welcome Dimber, glad you've found the lex, it is my little slice of heaven.

Bac is right, there is a Gen Y thread for 20 somethings, but.... Maybe if you are 29.5, we can make an exception.

Just kidding, you sound mature enough to hang with us. Welcome and please join in on the fun! But the minute you get immature, we'll banish you to the teener pages.... :shock: :twisted: I know it's scary there.

Fondly,
Deputy MacCheaty aka Una (I was just recently promoted by Srgnt. Elizabeth O'Ruley (GNE) from Una Mae MacCheaty to Deputy!)
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Thanks Deputy MacCheaty! If you & bac keep enforcing rules, what am I supposed to do? Nena will remove my badge.

Welcome Dimber! Check out the Gutter and Hash threads. :D
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

When I came on this site, I was hoping that there were others here who were in the "mature" age group because alot of sites are populated by the younger ones & I usually feel like the old lady in the shoe. It's good to have other mature women who have dealt with things that you can/can't relate to but still can share their opinions and experiences, where they are actually appreciated & even welcomed.

I'm really gald to be part of this forum.

My dad was a Vietnam vet & I don't know if he was exposed to Agent Orange or not, I do remember him talking about it but never saying if he was affected. I guess I've been pretty luck when it comes to my health (I did have a breast cancer scare but it turned out to be cysts) but I'm been kind of complaicent lately about going to the doctor. I guess I should become more diligent now that my aunt has been diagnosed with breast cancer & my mom had a mastectomy.

I've turned into the typical mom, putting everyone else's needs above my own.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Welcome, Dimber!! Enjoy your time in here, too!