Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ed4ev
Wandering Through Town

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by ed4ev »

No I adored the chapters completely! :D I cherished every word, I love Edward even impossibly more now.
But I NEED more! Ahhh! its driving me insane! :x
They were so beyond amazing, and now I need the rest sooo bad!

i know, im just dying not knowing....agh!!! i really really wanna see edwards POV of the meadow...AGH!!! its so...hard to live without it, kinda like how vampires cant stop after they taste or smell blood, i cant live without the rest of midnight sun, i can imagine everything edward had to go through....still the best books ever!!

Do I dazzle you?
ed4ev
Wandering Through Town

Post by ed4ev »

whoever posted that...well......beware....just kidding
im also overjoyed at the same time though, because firstly i get to read twelve whole chapters from edward(sigh) but noe im dying cuz i cant read more!!!

Do I dazzle you?
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

mandustries wrote: Plus, Midnight Sun makes him so ... human. Jealousy, anxiety, worry, anger ... all these things are very human emotions. Ed's not perfect (although his imperfections make him even more perfect, right? :)) and even though he doesn't believe he has a soul, it's obviously there.

Wonderful. :D
This is what really did it for me. I loved the little asides, the things he thought to himself: "Oh, and by the way, I'm wrechedly in love with you" and what not. After reading the 12 chapters, I want the rest of the stinkin' book AND I'm even more smitten with Edward. *Sigh*
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I've been postponing reading the twelve chapters for the same reasons most people say they've enjoyed them! What if I love it too much? It's a catch 22, it's a double-edged sword, whatever you want to call it, I just don't know if I can. I'd temporarily be satisfying the hunger for Edward, but then I'd feel awful for wanting to know more. Curiosity is getting the best of me at this point. I just want to know why the 'younger' vampires don't even talk to the humans- not until Bella. Why so?
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Heidi
Settled in Forks

Post by Heidi »

Elizabeth wrote: I just want to know why the 'younger' vampires don't even talk to the humans- not until Bella. Why so?
I seemed to get the impression most of the other students kept a distance from them because they could tell they weren't quite normal. Edward had mentioned several times about how the students kept a distance out of instinctive fear. Also, I believe most of it was tedious to the Cullens at this point, since they would consistently be in and out of high school depending on where they would move during their immortal existence and it probably wasn't the safest thing for them to interact with the other students because of the thirst factor, even if they could control it.
Heidi~*bringing new meaning to the words "fisher of men"*~-"Call me for your Volterra vacation - Castle tours offered daily! Meet the ancients,they would love you stay for dinner!"
ricx0517
Settled in Forks

Post by ricx0517 »

This is my first post here :D yey! Well, as for the draft, it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I was actually crying at some parts-- when edward was watching bella sleep-- though it would have been better if Mrs. Meyer added the meadow scene. :( I feel sad about the leakage, and I understand how Mrs. Meyer feels.

I also wasn't expecting Edward to be soo much like Bella. He seemed so anxious like Bella whenever he wasn't around her. And I didn't notice Emmett that much before in the other 4 books.. I actually like Angela more as well :D I never thought I could fall more in love w/ twilight characters esp Edward :D

Midnight Sun turned out to be sooo different that what I expected it to be.
Tarkheena
Settled in Forks

Post by Tarkheena »

I actually like MS more than Twilight. Because I find Edward a lot more interesting than Bella. He definitely shone more here. And I find him really funny! I love him even more. Sigh. And to know what he was experiencing, his thoughts, his feelings, had me wanting to read more. I believe SM will finish this book, because Edward will keep haunting her. :lol:

So yeah, I'm positive that she will finish MS. She can't resist his charm. None of us can. ;)
Allie_Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Allie_Cullen »

At first I wasnt sure if i should read Midnight Sun or not. On one hand i knew i would love it and be obsessing for more...(which would be bad) and on the other I could just never read it and be curious forever. Eventually I caved and read the 12 chapters. (i guess i don't have that whole mind over matter thing mastered like Edward)

It came back to bite me because it was probably the best piece of literature Stephenie has ever written. Even as a unfinished draft it is perfection. Now as I predicted I'm obsessing for more....*sigh*

I guess I'll have to live off fan fiction.

Robert Pattinson.
Because his dad makes German techno music.
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Heidi wrote:
Elizabeth wrote: I just want to know why the 'younger' vampires don't even talk to the humans- not until Bella. Why so?
I seemed to get the impression most of the other students kept a distance from them because they could tell they weren't quite normal. Edward had mentioned several times about how the students kept a distance out of instinctive fear. Also, I believe most of it was tedious to the Cullens at this point, since they would consistently be in and out of high school depending on where they would move during their immortal existence and it probably wasn't the safest thing for them to interact with the other students because of the thirst factor, even if they could control it.
I think you've hit it on the head here Heidi. I also think the Cullens don't want to get involved with any of the students because they move around so much. Keeping to themselves keeps their secret safe. If anyone got too close, like Bella, they could easily start to notice the things that separate the vampires from the humans; the stillness, the not eating, the changing of their eye color, etc. And, as we saw with Bella, the Internets can lead to all sorts of information. ;)
Allie_Cullen wrote: It came back to bite me because it was probably the best piece of literature Stephenie has ever written. Even as a unfinished draft it is perfection. Now as I predicted I'm obsessing for more....*sigh*

I guess I'll have to live off fan fiction.
It's like an addiction ... every little taste makes me want more. The withdrawals are terrible!
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
S_M_G
Learning to Love Green

Post by S_M_G »

Robert talks a little about MS leak :-)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/18609838c9bf9ca3/

"You give faith to the ones you love,but the people who really deserve it are the ones who come through even when you don't love them enough".”