Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Kes
Wandering Through Town

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by Kes »

'Sup. I think this is going to be a bit of a 'filler' post. Sorry 'bout that. But WELCOME to the newcomers. You picked the right place.

I don't like how there seems to be a 'bad times' epidemic hovering around the place :[ Not in the 'please stop venting' sense, but in the 'that really sucks how everyone had things to make them feel bad' kind of way.

i've never had a friend fall in love with me (GUTTED, Obie), nor have I had shady men do shady things (fortunately), so I don't feel like I can offer advice without sounding hypocritical or patronising. I just hope things sort themselves out for those who are feeling blue, and this here lexily will no doubt be there for y'all.

On a lighter note, I just cooked what can only be described as the BEST FULL ENGLISH EVER. Seriously, it will be a long time before I get over that bad boy. Cumberland sausages, smoked bacon, Heinz baked beans, off the vine tomatoes (lightly fried on the gross side), McCains hash browns, one piece of toast cut into triangles (Hovis 'seeded batch' for those who were wondering), and lashes of Hendersons relish with HP sauce on the side. I actually just made myself salivate thinking about it. Hardly the most energising/healthy option, but i'm currently nursing a two day hangover thanks to some serious liver damage over easter weekend. I owe it to myself to get fat on fry-up's.

I can't remember who mentioned it, I have a feeling it will be Obie, but I share your pain over Dr. Who. To be honest, I lost the faith after the whole Rose fiasco, and only watched the last series because she came back (and, I might add, in the LAST episode! I had to suffer through hours of Catherine Tate to get to her!! THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A PROPER REUNION SCENE, DAMNIT!). You seem to love her, but TATE? dude, the woman makes me want to rip out my eyes and ears. It's not funny, I'm not 'bovvered', and she's the one taking fucking liberties. All in my opinion, of course :]

Matt Horne, however, does give me the Horne. pun pun pun pun pun. Did you know he collapsed on stage a few weeks ago? He's on in the West End and completely passed out during a performance. Poor bloke. I bet it was Catherine Tate that did it.

Listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHCdYeSDJMk very loud. It's been the soundtrack of my day and I feel like spreading the love. LDN, BABY.

Edit's? I can't spell.
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."- Oscar Lavant
KikiMasenCullen
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Looking into the eyes of the beautiful Edward Anthony Masen Cullen

Post by KikiMasenCullen »

Hey everyone, I'm Kiki...and I guess it's my turn to join along...I'll be 24 in October...and I guess I'm in the right place...

I just realized something...in all of my love for 'Twilight', Robert Thomas Pattinson, etc, etc, etc, I've forgotten my duties and responsibilities to wrestling, Bon Jovi, and my Myspace and Facebook pages...haha, I'll get to them eventually. I need to clean up my life! Lol.

I'm watching my eight year old niece talk to her imaginary class...hmm.

I have to take my four year old nephew outside to run around. Which is cool, cause after two days of rain, it's finally sunny and warm.

STILL waiting for the damn IRS to send me my money. These *bleeps* better hurry up! That's 900 bucks I need! Lol!

I love Pepsi... still, it's amazing. Idk why, but I do.

Uhm, I have no license, but I'm working on remedying that situation...no judgments, please.

I wanna punch every "America's Next Top Model" contestant in their face, because they're annoying as hell!!!!

And I'm a reality TV junkie. I love reality TV!!!!! Haha....

Alright, gotta take the kiddies to my friendly neighborhood, convienence store...haha. Have fun!

Later lovely Lexies...
Team Carlisle
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
Every Rose Has It's Thorn-Team Rosalie
Proud Cullenist...all hail Carlisle
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@obie, im here, just dont have much to say. Have been to work and just uploaded some pics(peacock makeup!)
So what did you buy?

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Kes, can I come over for breakfast next time? Puleash *bats eyelashes* I'm listening to the link now, it's awfully energetic for a thursday afternoon lol ;) nah, it's just cuz I'm fighting the migraine of doom. I'll save it for when I need to dance around the living room or pump myself up.
On the Catherine Tate front, at least she replaced Marth-do-my-head-in-if-she-makes-that-face-again-Jones. I honestly was so glad to see the back of her I didn't care who it was. Was quite impressed with her off Eastenders last weekend though... Michelle Ryan, there, I knew the name would come back to me if I tried to forget it a little harder. Maybe it was just cuz she sounded posh all of a sudden lol.

Terry, what's up homeskillet? As you know my fave off the list is PB&J ROFL. It seems to be yours too. I left you a special FB message about your object of lust, guess you have to wait till you're home to read it.
Do you think "lezley" (lol) called last night cuz you were professing your love for me over IM? Jealousy will do that to a girl. Seriously tho, hope it resolves without too much drama. And way to make me laugh to the extent that J wants to know what's so funny, it was the spam sculpture that pushed me over the edge.

I'm still here lying on the sofa, embraced not by my lovely bf but by the evil migraine that has grown from my headache. But it's calmed down a little since this a.m. I have taken down the hood of my hoodie which is a good sign, but not turned any lights on or opened the blinds, so still have some of it to ride out. I'm able to look at the computer screen though which is a good thing.

Had a phonecall from my dad too this afternoon to talk about my mum's condition, things are stabalized a bit but all things are still up in the air. We're discussing whether I need to go over in May as well as June (which was already scheduled) and so on. They're not sure when they can finish snowbirding (was supposed to be 2 weeks ago, but may not happen, who knows), don't even know if they'll make it back north this summer or not. Just have to wait and see. At least now I know they'll be there for the next few weeks so I can mail my package to her, she can't wait to get her mitts on the Wallace and Gromit Xmas special that they're not even releasing in the US in the forseable future. Gah, hope they're not stuck in SC all summer, heat's really bad for her (though the house has AC) but then she'll not be able to go outside much, even more than up north.
Oh well, we mustn't dwell, not on Rex Manning day ;)
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Dammit Kiki! Can't you just find your own thread to be in???? Always stalking me around. There are days I really wish you hadn't joined the Lex. :-(

Okay now that I got my rant out of the way. I'd like for you guys to meet my sister. Kiki. Yea.

So I got up at six to make Shane's lunch like I always do and then I went back to sleep. Guess where I fell back asleep. The bathroom floor with my head smashed up against the tub and the floor. And I slept that way for five hours. Needless to say I'm not too happy that my stomach is doing more summersaults than Shawn Johnson on the floor.

My stomach isn't up for too much on a post.

@ Obie~ The reason you haven't heard back from Jackson is because he's in the bedroom all tied up. In the literal sense. :-) I'll debate letting him out to call you and tell you that he's too busy with me to play with you. But I'll force him to you for a while, but you have to give him back. Okay?

Back to my hole again to feel like hell on earth.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Kes---GEEZ how do you even stand up after that? Seriously, you are like my fried food twin or something. I always wondered what a Full English was---I always thought it was a dirty sex act. Hmmm. Maybe it could be.....Either way, I'd be on the can for like two days after consuming all that. Feckel matter joke! Ok, I'll give you Donna Noble's grating---but she was WAY better as Becs point out than Martha-I'm so in love with doc gag me with a spoon-Jones I'd take anything.

And yes, I did hear that Matthew-make me gasm why don't you and you remind me of Owen from Torchwood by the way-Horne did faint---I thought it was because of my willing him to come to me, but I heard it was just exhaustion.....caused by me of course lol.

Kiki---You totally said the magic words: Bon Jovi. You are now my bestest friend (don't tell anyone though---I have lots of bestest friends) as long as no one proclaims their love for me---unless you are male, then it's all fine.

Becs---That is totally why Lez called---she was like "Who was that hot Scottish chick all up in your kool-aid?" I told her you were magnificent and I had taken you for my lover. Pillow fights and shower scenes forthcoming. Tell PB&J to visualize.

Jas---I got the baby face cleanser...it's sooo friggin cute too. I also got the fresh Farmacy cleanser too. The Body Shop was right next door and kept trying to lure me in there (it's like Lush only stupid) but I stood my ground. I was impressed by how cheap Lush is! I missed you! I was wondering what was up with Loki!

Ok peeps...I'm out......Going to do stupid interview. At least it's with a dude---I never fail at those. The girls are out in full effect! Oh, and Ben Affleck across the way keeps eye humping me. He bought me a soda. I told him to F* off. That's how I roll. Make them work for it.

Later my gators!
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
KikiMasenCullen

Hey Obie...it's cool. I've got tons of bestest friends too! Lol...it's good. And I willnot declare my love for you, seeing as I'm a girl, and that'd be weird...lol. That's what Rob's for!

So, I walked the kiddles to the Wawa...which is a convienence store. Wow, what an event that was. I was supposed to go buy my mom a bag of barbecue potato chips, right? No. I bought two icees for the kids, two chips that I swear to Carlisle they conned me into buying and a milkshake for me, and pretzles for me. Spent 11.oo. Wow...that's a bit steep!

Haha, so I come home, and get back on the Lex, cause I have officially no life...I've had three days off and I'm officially going bonkers...

I need to go back to work...

I love Rob Pattinson...he's cute as a button!
Team Carlisle
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

So I'm the only one who really liked Martha and found rose sort of over rated? *crickets* yep that's me. *goes to her lonely corner* Its not that I didn't like rose I just got tired of hearing how amazing and unique she was and how she was like no other companion ever and she was perfect and ugh. There were other companions before her who were strong. I don't know, plus the doctor being in love with her was a bit creepy to me. The doctor doesn't fall in love. It's just one of those things. I've gotten over it, and I liked her well enough but she was just overrated in my opinion. I was glad to see her back last year, but I'm really glad they didn't make a huge deal out of it. The doctor just doesn't get that involved with his companions. I thought martha was actually really cool. she did more and was more independent. She took initiative, and I don't know just seemed more together than rose. and donna was good, but I've never seen the catherine tate show so don't know about her other characters. When she yelled it was a bit annoying at times, but I like her personality so overlooked it.

Okay so for people who don't watch doctor who you have no idea what I'm talking about. :)
Ihavemylion
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: A mind like Bella's & living the love of Edward and Bella in real life

Post by Ihavemylion »

Hello everybody. I already introduced myself, but now ill give a little more info...

My name is Marlene, Im 20. I have a beautiful 17 month old daughter named Lily. and my own "lion" Phillip. Hes and amazing guy, but jealous and upset about my Twilight obsession. :( We met the first day of our Freshman year when I moved to FL in 2002. Then I moved back to CT in 2004. We found eachother on Myspace in July of 2006 after he moved back to Ohio. We visited eachother then became official that August. The funny thing is we met August 13th 2002, became official on August 13, 2006, and when we get married it will be August 13th of hopefully next year to go along with our anniversarys (why not celebrate them all in one day?)
(August 13th - Same day Bella and Edward got Married LoL what a coincidence :D )

I am a Dog groomer, its one of my passions yet I havnt been able to work since my daughter was born. Im learning to play the piano, my goal is to learn Bella's Lullaby.
I also do not have my license yet, but Im working on that - I cant wait to take my daughter out, just the two of us.
I love Chinese Food - Its my comfort food
I used to be on Myspace everyday but Ive slacked lately thanks to the Lex (but Im happier here. LoL)
Im just now getting into The Host, and its seems pretty good so far. I kind of feel guilty straying from my Twilight Novels, but I always go back to them.
I have a dog and 3 cats that over run our house LoL
My daughter just learned how to say purse, foot, Oh Boy, Ahhh Man, and Alright this week. YAY!!!!
I love hiking, fishing, the beach ( I used to live in Fl, I miss those beaches alot), Ice skating and anything cultural.
I havnt been obsessed with anything since I was about 8 years old and LOVED NSYNC!!! :lol: (Twilight and Edward are much better)

Anyways, thats about all. Theres probably more but Lily is in her crib crying --- She wont take a nap. :roll: so it looks like a long day ahead of me. Hope to see you guys around the boards
Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901--Team Edward
Switzerland--Team Bella
Converted to Cullenism
Gen Y
Banner created by ♥midnight_sun♥
KikiMasenCullen

Haha...sounds like you've got a hand full there Marlene!

I guess it's my turn.

If you haven't already guessed...I'm Kiki, sadly however, Kiki isn't my real name. Haha. I just like it better. I'm 23 and I live at home. Haha, no funny comments. I've got a dog and a cat, and two parents who I know adore me! Lol...Tilly'd probably say they like her better. I'm sadly single, and have no kids....which is fine, cause I have no patience.

I'm obsessed with all things Twilight (minus Jacob Black) and reality TV. I have an extensive music collection...I listen to anything from Bon Jovi (Yes Obie, I said the magic words again) to My Chemical Romance to Nirvana. I like to sing...but dancing is another story.

I'm also writing a book. I'm a part-time writer, and full time Cashier. Lol. It seems like all I do is work. I write fan-fiction mostly, but hoping to actually trying to write a book...thankfully not about vampires. I'd damage it.

I worship Robert Pattinson. Lol. He's the background on my cell phone. If I ever met that man, I'd offer him a thousand bucks to sleep with me! Lol...haha. He'd be like, only if I were desperate...haha.

Wow...uhm, that's it really. If you wanna know me, sweet...if not...sorry!
Later gaters...
Team Carlisle