A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Port Angeles

Post by Miss Cullen »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
When she realised that they had circled her. Had no idea at all that Edward would show up.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?
I thought it was very romantic lol. That he felt so protective of her he got that worked up, never for a second did i think he would hurt Bella

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
Yes and no. I think he knew Bella was a smart girl and I think part of him wanted her to know the truth, and hopefully make her stay away from him. I knew his secret cause i read the back of the book.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
Im not sure really, i just thought maybe she was special or it had something to do with the connection between them

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
Not at all, Edward KNOWS things go bump in the night, cause he is one of them, so he just feels the need to protect the girl he has fallen in love with. Again i find it quite romantic
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time? knew he would show. cant get hotter than that.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella? a lil worried for bella, but once he smiled when she told him she was going to run over tyler, i knew it was gonna be ok.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret? of course guessed it. very surprised he told her the truth so fast.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book? just that she was special in some odd way. not an original theory i know.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off? brushed it off because its edward :D
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
I didn't even fathom that he was going to show up. I was scared for her as soon as SM mentioned the men.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?
I wasn't of either. I just kind of figured...

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
I hadn't guess that that was his secret, and I was not surprised that he told her so quickly.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
I thought that it was because anybody who touches his fate, or who he would be directly linked by future with, that he couldn't hear their minds. And Bella's because they were ment to be together.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
It didn't concern me at all. I thought it was cute, a little bit weird...but he's nto human so it's different.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

I didn't think at all that Edward would show up. And I was scared that something would happen to Bella. I even remember my heart racing as I was reading this part of the book.

I didn't really understand. I think I was alittle afraid of him, but I wasn't worried for Bella. I knew that he wouldn't hurt her.

No, I wan't really surprised, and I had no idea that this was his secret.

I thought that it was just what made her unique and special.

No, I didn't really. I thought that when people are meant to be together, that is what happens. You want that person close to you. I didn't think he was a stalker but I did think it was a bit odd at first until, I realized that they were meant to be.
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
SydlovesTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by SydlovesTwilight »

I didn't think of Edward coming for her at all. I got worried the moment Bella didn't enter the first book store and just went off alone. Another mental freakout!

I was fairly relaxed like Bella, but I still wanted him to go back and teach them some sort of lesson.

I was shocked that he just started letting go and revealing all his secrets. I didn't guess that, I just thought he had excellent hearing.

I thought it was their connection to each other, their "love connection" lol. My theory was basically this what helped them to meet.

I brushed it off. I felt like he was protecting her. She is danger-prone.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time? Pg. 158; I didn't know that Edward would be there, and I didn't put the two-and-two of "silver car" and "his voice" together, as I was reading really fast.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella? No, I wasn't afraid of him, and I was a tad bit worried for Bella. I thought there was a LOT of adrenaline flowing in that car!

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret? Yes, I was surprised, but glad, too. I was hoping that she would find out soon, and not at the end of the book.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book? Honestly, I didn't know. She kept saying she thought there was a glitch in her brain, and I honestly thought that the whole thing was just a dream! :shock: I'm so GLAD it wasn't!!

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off? No, it didn't seem stalker-ish. He is in love with her and wants to be with her... I didn't realize it until I read MS why, though.
TheVampireChick
Settled in Forks

Post by TheVampireChick »

Can I have one of each? I mean, I was sure something horrible was going to come up as soon as Bella didn't go to the bookstore as planned. It would be the perfect opportunity for Edward to play hero! However, due to somebody keeping me so very in the moment with her writing, I found myself holding my breath by the time they caught her in the alley.

It was a good reminder that he wasn't working on an entirely human level. It was intense and a little scary, but I was never particularly worried for Bella.

I really wasn't surprised that he was so forthcoming when he was asked a direct question. :D I mean, there's a big difference between "What are you?" and "Are you a _____?"

I thought there was something Other about her, though I wasn't sure exactly what it was. I thought she might be some kind of psychic as well, though I think that was because I've read too many comic books.

Once I realized how very prone to dangerous situations she was, I took it as a mildly obsessive protective gesture. Then again, I've written girls who thought it was sweet that the boy of their dreams stalked them before introducing himself, and I've also written girls who were cursed in such a way that danger saught them out, so...I may have been a little biased. ;)
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?I thought they were vampires :oops: , I knew Edward would show it seemed like he would.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?I was worried for Edward, Bella seemed fine.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?Yes and no.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book? I thought he couldn't here her because she was different then others.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?Nah not really Bella is a danger magnet she needs a guardian angel.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I was kinda worry for Bella's safety, but I was hoping for Edward to come and save her.

Nope. Was very intrigued.

No, unfortunately. I thought he was physic.

I thought something was wrong with Edward,or Bella.

Sounder very stalkish, but I thought he was in love with her, just curious.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
edwardlover13
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardlover13 »

I was really worried for Bella when like she just realized she was not just being followed, but getting like herded by those scary men. I was so surprised when Edward showed up. I did not think he was even there.

I was not afraid of him at all. Nor was I worried for Bella. I was just very interested in him, and why he acted so mysterious and strange.

3.Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
I was kind of surprised. I knew he had some kind of special ability, but i didn't guess that he could read minds.

I had no idea at all. I just thought it was Edward's theory, that like her mind didn't work the same way as other humans.

5.Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
Not at all. I hate when people say it is abusive and stalkerish. I knew he just wanted her to be safe, and I thought it was cute how protective he was.