Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Re: Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Post by annabelle »

/
Last edited by annabelle on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

Hey guys, can you recommend any AH B/E fanfics? It doesn't matter the rating.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
EandB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EandB »

What's AH?
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

All Human.

And personally, I depise anything AU/AH, because its just too different from the books. And very many of them end up being rather... dirty. That's why I'll never read Wide Awake (I so bet I'm going to be jumped now...) because its "dark and graphic" and I've read a fanfic promoted the same way, and it scarred my mind for life.
I just wish there were more in-character, not going too far from the storyline fics. Like Parenting 101, it was extremely funny, and didn't change anything, just a good laugh. That's the sort of stuff I like.

I would reccomend David/ringswraith's stories. They are intensely amazing. :D Both are Twilight related, but with an OC only vaguely connected to the Cullens, and with his own separate story not related to them. Its a fact that I highly appreciate.

My other reccomendation: Harry Potter and the Dawning of Twilight
Its a HP/Twilight mix, except so far none of the Twilight charries are really in it. Hogwarts just happens to be obsessed with Twilight, like the rest of the world.
Its incomplete, which makes me very sad, and she hasn't updated in forever, but what is there is highly amusing.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:All Human.

And personally, I depise anything AU/AH, because its just too different from the books. And very many of them end up being rather... dirty. That's why I'll never read Wide Awake (I so bet I'm going to be jumped now...) because its "dark and graphic" and I've read a fanfic promoted the same way, and it scarred my mind for life.
I just wish there were more in-character, not going too far from the storyline fics. Like Parenting 101, it was extremely funny, and didn't change anything, just a good laugh. That's the sort of stuff I like.
I don't think Twilight works at ALL with AH.

The forbidden love is what makes Bella and Edward's story what it is. You do not get any more forbidden than hey this is my boyfriend and the only thing that stops him from killing me is the fact that he is completely in love with me.

There have been thousands of love stories through out time that dealt with family problems, love triangles, the bad guys trying to get the good guys, etc-- but in the case of Bella and Edward's love story, they are their own antagonists. That is what made their story epic. That's why everyone else fell in love with them.

In an AH world they are just another love story.

ANYWAY, I think Parenting Skills 101 is hilarious and I'm reading Destiny Will Not Be Ignored that was suggested and I'm actually enjoying it so far... I'm a believer in fate and that if something is supposed to happen it will.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:All Human.

I'm a huge fan of Wide Awake. But I'm not going to jump on you for not reading it :D It is dark and graphic. But it works in this story. And it parallells Twilight in a lot of ways even if they are AH. It deals with serious problems, so it's not "easy entertainment". It had me crying and feeling angry, but I have also laughed so much to that story. I was sceptical towards reading it myself because of the description, but the discussion here made me convinced to read it. And I loved every page. I had never read an AH fic before.
So I highly recommend Wide Awake. But of couse everyone has to decide if its something for them.
I'm reading ringswraith's after WA is complete. Looking forward to it.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Amanda Beth wrote:In an AH world they are just another love story.
I just want to comment on this. This is not necessarily true. You can have a forbidden love story without being supernatural. It worked for Romeo and Juliet. In my opinion, Wide Awake is a perfect example of this. The characters are all human, yes- but they still parallel the Twilight characters so well you might be surprised.

And Edward and Bella are still each other's antagonists. The back-and-forth between Darkward and CookieBella (our terms for the WA versions) shows this very well. :)
EandB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EandB »

I'm from WA.What the heck does that mean?
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

When we say "WA" we typically mean the fanfic "Wide Awake." :)
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

ringswraith wrote:
Amanda Beth wrote:In an AH world they are just another love story.
I just want to comment on this. This is not necessarily true. You can have a forbidden love story without being supernatural. It worked for Romeo and Juliet. In my opinion, Wide Awake is a perfect example of this. The characters are all human, yes- but they still parallel the Twilight characters so well you might be surprised.

And Edward and Bella are still each other's antagonists. The back-and-forth between Darkward and CookieBella (our terms for the WA versions) shows this very well. :)
Agreed. WA is not just another love story. It is the most dramatic love story I have ever read, including Twilight. It's about two lost souls finding each other, and their struggles with themselves, the rest of the world and each other. Their love is in a way forbidden, and it definitely is not easy.
The parallells to Twilight are amazing. That is part of why I love it so much. You can see characterics and events that relate so much to Twilight.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~