Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by Persephonie »

Bella has a strong personnality.
Just look at how fast she gets angry.... she seems more like Taurus than a Virgo!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I think that they did a greta job at picking Stweart to play Bella. I've always loved Kristen and loved her facial experssions. loll She has many Bella traits....example:the crease between her eyes. I think she's a great choice for her and a perfect match.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
maylily
Settled in Forks

Post by maylily »

I wanna play Bella! no fair : (

but I GUESS if she HAS to play bella... I think she'll do a good job. I like that her voice is a little rough, I picture Bella being kind of tomboy-esque. She's sallow looking...in a good way! I like it. She's mysterious!
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

maylily wrote:I wanna play Bella! no fair : (

but I GUESS if she HAS to play bella... I think she'll do a good job. I like that her voice is a little rough, I picture Bella being kind of tomboy-esque. She's sallow looking...in a good way! I like it. She's mysterious!

Yes!! i think that's what really convinces me that Kristen is perfect. She's just so good at looking mysterious yet not in a creepy way; more like reserved. Not only that but her resemblance to bella is EXACTLY how i envisioned it! I love Kristen...awesome actress & able to portray so many complex emotions! I also must mention about her voice- i don't think it strays from Bella at all. Bella to me has always been that character that's not girly but simple & since i'm the same way i think it's awesome they cast someone who does that anyway!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
mammadawg
Settled in Forks

Post by mammadawg »

After seeing her for all of, what - 7 seconds - during the VMA's - I was laughing out loud.

Not because she looked funny, or acted funny, no... I wasn't laughing at her - I was laughing to myself - coz...

That's when I realized she'll be:

The.
Perfect.
Bella.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

mammadawg wrote:After seeing her for all of, what - 7 seconds - during the VMA's - I was laughing out loud.

Not because she looked funny, or acted funny, no... I wasn't laughing at her - I was laughing to myself - coz...

That's when I realized she'll be:

The.
Perfect.
Bella.

heck. yes.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
singleduetoedward
Learning to Love Green

Post by singleduetoedward »

I agree with all of you. She's so perfect to play Bella. I just watched her in 'Speak' today. In that movie she's the main character but doesn't really have a lot of lines, but just with her expressions she conveys an amazing amount of emotion. She's freaking phenomenal. And her appearance is exactly what I pictured for Bella. I didn't imagine Bella's voice to be like hers, but now that I've seen the trailers, I think that too is perfect! A better Bella couldn't have been cast.
My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?
S_M_G
Learning to Love Green

Post by S_M_G »

She is an amazing actress. She conveys so much without speaking in both Speak and Safety of Objects. And she is SO young!

I highly recommend both movies if you haven't seen them.

She is perfect for Bella 8-)

"You give faith to the ones you love,but the people who really deserve it are the ones who come through even when you don't love them enough".”
S_M_G
Learning to Love Green

Post by S_M_G »

singleduetoedward wrote:I agree with all of you. She's so perfect to play Bella. I just watched her in 'Speak' today. In that movie she's the main character but doesn't really have a lot of lines, but just with her expressions she conveys an amazing amount of emotion. She's freaking phenomenal. And her appearance is exactly what I pictured for Bella. I didn't imagine Bella's voice to be like hers, but now that I've seen the trailers, I think that too is perfect! A better Bella couldn't have been cast.
I completely agree, even about the voice ;)

"You give faith to the ones you love,but the people who really deserve it are the ones who come through even when you don't love them enough".”
Isabella Cullen
Settled in Forks
Location: Stumbling, lost and alone...waiting for him to find me

Post by Isabella Cullen »

Edward-Bella-forever wrote: Yeah, I get you. Lol personally now, I think I stick to my old thoughts, I honestly think someone else should be playing Bella whose actually dedicated to actually wanting to play the role not just because "Oh my god, Rob is going to be playing Edward! Oh my god! I want that role! He's so hot!" Ok, now that's not what she said, but I can picture her probably saying that. And that's just very immature. I've always thought that another person, a better person should be playing the role. She doesn't fit the Bella character. :evil:
I usually don't do this. Hell, I hardly ever post here on the Lex now.

But I'm stepping up on a soapbox for a second and would like your undivided attention.

Kristen has a very dry sense of humor. I've seen her in a LOT of interviews from the time she was a young star in Catch that Kid up until now.
The line she delivered about wanting to get the part because Rob was going to play Edward was a ruse. A JOKE. Don't you people realize, or have even bothered to look up the fact that Kristen was cast BEFORE Robert?!
Honestly!
I'm not a fan of hers personally, and I don't think that she's going to do Bella justice at all. But I still respect her as an actress because I know firsthand how hard her job is. I've not been cast in commercials and was turned down for a film because I didn't have the right "look." In Hollywood you are CONSTANTLY judged not only by your appearance, but by your resume as well.
So step off a little, all right?
She gets nervous during interviews. Deal with it. It's not YOU up there being "interrogated" by someone who obviously has a lot of affection for the fandom. Understand the pressure that she was under all through the filming and post-production. She dealt with it all and managed to keep her head cool even though she was SURROUNDED by tons of fans (extras AND non-actors alike, the ones who illegally came over to the set to watch).
I think it's time to give credit where it is clearly due.
Kristen Stewart may not be Bella Swan, but she sure as hell did her best, and kept her head on her shoulders despite the immense amount of pressure she was under.

So stop this nonsense about how "immature" she is, about how much you hate her and can't stand her for Bella. As Stephenie said at the time of Kristen's casting..."For every actress that has been suggested as Bella in the past few years, there are always a slew of critics that cry, "But she doesn't look like Bella!" (Which can often be translated thusly: "She doesn't look like ME!") To this I would like to say: "Of course she doesn't!" Bella is a fictional character, and she looks different to everyone."
She's a decent actress who made the cut.
You sit there and judge because you know you're jealous. So stop it and grow up.

The movie will be out soon, so as I said on the main blog, all any of us can do at this point is sit back with our fingers crossed and faith in the fact that the Twilight production crew stuck it out through a lot to bring this to the big screen. Let's hope it brings justice to the book for STEPHENIE'S sake, not our own! For goodness sakes we didn't write the book!!

*takes deep breath and steps off her soapbox*

If I am ever able to meet Kristen someday, whether it be on a movie set, or at an audition, or even just out and about in normal life, I want to shake her hand. Because like the bands that she and I too love, she rocked out.

So ROCK ON Kristen. Rock On. :)
That "Bella girl" no one remembers...