Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
silver-swallow
Learning to Love Green

Re: Jackson Rathbone as Jasper #3

Post by silver-swallow »

Dovrebanen wrote:Gosh..You're showing pictures on this thread too :D I couldn't see them 'cause my internet connection isn't like it should be at the moment. I'll take a look when I get home.

Anyway, I realized that I never actually said what I thought about Jackson in Twilight. I just went on about how great it would be to have him come and see me :lol: So to stay on topic...You guys have probably already been through this. I thought that he was great as Jasper. That comment after the wicked curveball..."I think we can handle that" :)
The only thing I regret is that he had so few lines. I mean, he was practically left out. They left out all of his talent. They left out the "You're worth it"-comment, and how he was trying to calm Bella. So I wanted more time for Jasper on the screen.
And not just head straight into him almost killing Bella in NM. There is so much more to him. But it will be great too see Jackson going crazy with bloodthirst.
Yeah, he wasn't really given a chance to shine in the film. i think we could count his lines on one hand, unfortunately. And he wont be having more spotlight in new moon, apart from the birthday scene course, since most of the cullens are REALLY left out of that film. It is a little sad that he could well be seen as a rogue vampire, a wild one who isnt as caring of the cullens vegetrian lifestyle as the rest....to people who havent read the books, that IS how it would seem. we havent had anything in the films so far to suggest theres a caring person in there who doesnt WANT to be bad, who is long sick of being bad. it sucks, I dont think were really going to get to hear him say too much until eclipse. jasper training them to fight newborns. That's the closest moment i can think of that the focus is really put on jasper, he is sort of lurking in the shadows all the time, not like one of the "foreground" type of characters.
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

As much as I would have also liked to see Jackson more, Jasper's character is pretty much the kind to stay in the background. He doesn't talk much in the book, he's just there whenever you need him. I too wish that they would have played up his power more though I guess it would be kind of hard to portray that through image alone.

All in all though I think Jackson did a good job. Even though we didn't see much of him to me he was very Jasperish.
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Dovrebanen wrote:
The only thing I regret is that he had so few lines. I mean, he was practically left out. They left out all of his talent. They left out the "You're worth it"-comment, and how he was trying to calm Bella.
I know! That was one of my favorite things in the book--I'm glad someone else mentioned it, I was starting to think I was crazy! It's one of the few times we actually get to see how compassionate he is and that he really DOES care about people besides Alice. People who haven't read the books will think what Bella originally thinks--that Jasper is just there for Alice. And we all know that's not true.

And thank you Mandy for the pics! Even if they're old ones, it's nice to have pics every once in a while!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Jasper's part in Twilight was all but cut out of the film. I hate that they didn't have the budget to make the movie longer. It would have been nice to see the hotel scene extended. I can't wait till Eclipse when they tell Jasper's story of how he came to be. That's gonna be so exciting! And more Jackson! Yay. :D

**********SPOILERS*********

According to an unmentionable document that may or may not be the real thing, Bella refers to Jasper's power right at the beginning of NM. I still don't understand why Edward didn't mention it in Twilight. To people that haven't read the books, that's gonna seem so strange. Or at least I think it would.

********END SPOILERS*******
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

I'm very dissapointed in the fact that Edward doesn't mention Jasper's talent in Twilight. People who didn't read the books know nothing about his power and it's such a pity. But about the fact that there was so little of Jasper in the film , I don't think it is abnormal. Jasper isn't not a person that draws attention to himself. He stays in the background , as vampirenerd already pointed out. The Cullens are not very present in the first book either, except for Edward. So I don't think it is a bad thing. But I love Jackson as Jasper :D A lot. I am looking forward to seeing him go cazy with bloodlust :D

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Ooooh the monkeys are on Twitter! Now we'll get to find out what Jackson is up to on a semi-regular basis. Yessss! 8-)

Kristiner, I seriously wish they could just re-film Twilight with CW as the director or something. That would solve so many problems. :roll: Oh well.

Anyhoo, this isn't exactly Jackson related but it's NM related. It was already posted over on the Adult Rob thread, but here it is again for those who haven't seen.
First 15 seconds of New Moon!!! YAY! :D

I've been going through serious new Jackson pic withdrawals. This is just to ease the pain.
Loooove the look on his face!
He has the cutest ears EVER.
Booty shot! :lol:

P.S. Sarah, where ARE you???? I miss you like crazy! :cry:
Image Image
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

Thanks for the pics Mandy, I love the first one :D
I saw on New Moon Movie that the person who was picked to be inside Twilighter or something has watched the trailer, and she mentioned Jackson's new hair. Apparently it looks better, but from the pictures we've seen I'm not so sure about that... It also confirms that Jackson'll be in the trailer, even if it's only a few seconds. Happy me :D :D :D
Here's the link: http://www.newmoonmovie.org/2009/05/mtv ... n-trailer/

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Ooooh Latte I could so kiss you right now! :D I am even more ridiculously excited to see the NM trailer at the MTV Movie Awards. Even just a few seconds of Jacksper is worth me tuning into MTV. But how can I possibly wait another 15 hours or so to see it??? :| The wait will surely kill me.
Image Image
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

(a picture story.. that is purely fictional.. since i cn't find any updates)

Jackson: I think wearing this geeky glasses will help me not to be recognized by the JOF's....
Me: OMJR! Jackson! THOSE WERE CUTE GLASSES! YOU'RE SO.... CUTE!
Jackson: Uh-OH! must get out
ME: oh no you don't!!!!

(jackson was able to hide from an unknown car named Ductee that up to date i still don't know what's her make or model... it's been 6 bloody months!!!)

Jackson: ohhh... that was close.. i'd better dressed up as a girl... so i can have my "me time" hmmmm a-ha a pink dress!!
me: JACKSON!!!! you look cute in that pink dress... and your legs... LOVELY!

*jackson thinks of another way...*

Jackson: how about.... A COOL HAIRCUT! and GLASSES!

*jackson hears a squeal*

Jackson: fail... AHA! i know now! i'll be a DRAG QUEEN!
me: hi there nice lady.. have you seen a hot guy with green eyes and has a mohawk cut? about 5' 9.... *blah*blah*blah*blah*blah*
Amanda: *with a lady's voice* yeah he went that way...

*and that's my picture story hope you like it.*
Last edited by sachael on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Hahaha! Kimmy you are so funny! (you are Kimmy, right?)

And I agree--his legs are great. That was the first thing I said when I saw him on Criminal Minds in that dress. He's just too pretty. But I like that. See my earlier posts about androgyny. Case in point? Jareth. Nuff said. Laterz!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....