Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by twilight1909 »

Jeez. I wasn't panicking about the movie - that was just what I was reading before I posted. I've been impressed with everything I've seen so far, but I still don't plan on having high expectations this time around.

In regards to the movie trailer... WOW!! Just like I pictured in the book. It gave me chills. The wolf transformation blows away the SX in Twilight.

p.s.
Poor Kristen dropped her award! I was so embarrassed for her. She definitely fits the bill for Bella Swan.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

twilight1909 wrote:Jeez. I wasn't panicking about the movie - that was just what I was reading before I posted. I've been impressed with everything I've seen so far, but I still don't plan on having high expectations this time around.
I think that's usually the best bet when it comes to movies based on a book (at least in my experiences). I think things will be better this time around than last time...and thank you CW (or whoever made the decision) for deciding to use a different camera filter...or whatever to make things look different than in Twilight
ImageImageImageImage
CopperHead
Learning to Love Green

Post by CopperHead »

My ONE beef is this:

Kristen Stewart desperately needs to learn that dramatic stares plus a flat tone does NOT equate into acting. Her next director desperately needs to point that out as well.

Ookaay, now that my one beef's out the way, I must say I loved LOVED it. Thank heavens the wolves will "fursplode." I may have ended up walking out if they did it "American Werewolf in London" style :shock:

Bring on the next trailer!!! :D
Check out more of my fanart here!
Team Demetri - because it's useless to run...
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

CopperHead wrote:My ONE beef is this:

Kristen Stewart desperately needs to learn that dramatic stares plus a flat tone does NOT equate into acting. Her next director desperately needs to point that out as well.
Lol...I kinda learned from Twilight not to really expect too much more...So I 100% agree
ImageImageImageImage
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

that trailer was amazing ! better than i expected it to be. i've watched it about 7 times already.
they all look so much better in this than in twilight. everything just looks perfect, they showed all the right scenes.
also am so glad they used a different coloring for new moon. :lol: the birthday scene looks perfect, just as i imagined.
taylor looks great !! whew! ;)
i was concerned with how the wolves were going to look, the phasing was awesome ! [that scene was my fav]
i can't wait to see the other wolves too !
oh, and i loved laurent ! :lol: he looks great.

i am very impressed.
i am so excited i cannot wait ! i know it's gonna be 10x better than twilight.

i absolutely love Chris Weitz ! :oops:
xxxDarkMoonxxx
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xxxDarkMoonxxx »

I was absolutely blown away with the trailer. Though i was extremely excited to see it, i never expected something so good and clean cut. The trailer sent shivers up and down my spine. And i just couldn't believe how close to the book it was, even the small details were there, such as the small kiss Edward gives Bella before leaving! The birthday scene was everything i expected and it was really beautiful. I definitely liked this stage better then the previous home. The coloring was so much better too. And can i gush about the special effects, because they were great! So much better then the first. I was so pleased with the way the wolves turned out and they even got Jacob's wolf coloring pretty dang close! Also, the makeup, hair, and contacts were so much better then in Twilight. I have to say that i wasn't too happy with the first when i couldn't tell that the nomads eyes were red.

Everything is beautiful and perfect so far. I knew i could trust Chris and i love him for that. And to think what a bigger bugdet really did for this film and we have Chris to thank for that because before he took the job he persuaded Summit into a bigger budget from what i hear.

WAY TO GO CHRIS!!!!!
Shemxy_Vampire
Settled in Forks

Post by Shemxy_Vampire »

I was really hyped up to see the trailer, lol. Where I live, it was due to come online at 12:45pm, so I decided to watch it at lunch :D
My friends and I were sitting next to a bunch of obnoxious twihaters in the computer lab. :evil: And it was funny because one of the music teachers was continually glancing over my shoulder... *sigh*
I assumed that since the lexicon isn't normally blocked, I could watch it easily - but no. The site itself[ wasn't blocked, but the space where the video should be was blank :evil: We spent the rest of the break looking at the latest set pictures... god, it was so hilarious with those twihaters next to us; they kept making really random comments...

So anyway, I've seen it now and I LOVE it! As said in the previous posts, it looks to be much more like the books :D :D :D :D I was really worried that they'd stuff up chapter 23, but those few lines from Edward were just... just... *dreamy sigh*

Laurent was so scary looking! Like, in Twilight you could barely tell that his eyes were red, but in this... wow. I'll bet that'll really scare some people.

My only problem with it was the wolf. :? (ugh) It looked waaaay too fake, though the transformation was great. And Taylor looks a bit too muscular if you ask me...btw. I'm just not a Jacob fan - full stop.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I actually loved Kstew in this. She looked/acted like my Bella the whole way through. <3'd it.
Robward, looked so down and depressed.
..pushing jasper out of the way was bloody brilliant.
Laurent's eyes are sexy.

The wolf... I was shocked when I saw it. I wasn't expecting that at all - which was a good thing. It looks like a wolf, and it looks REAL. Good enough for me. I was expecting a werewolf - but they aren't werewolves.

Im 100x more amped for this than I originally was.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

I can't believe I was holding my
breath while watching the trailer,
5 times in a row. :lol:
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

gamb1t wrote: thank you CW (or whoever made the decision) for deciding to use a different camera filter...or whatever to make things look different than in Twilight
Amen to that!! You can actually see Laurent's red eyes...and everything for that matter, in much better clarity. I hated the doom-and-gloom/greenish shade that took over every scene in Twilight. Speaking of which that movie dominated the MTV Movie Awards.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo