Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 --Team Edward #2

JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 --Team Edward #2

Post by JenTheWriter »

diane771 wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote:
debussygirl wrote:^^
Among Twilighters Rob didn't make it big. But for those who had never read the books before Rob drew them in. I got sucked in to see what all the hype is about. And really the whole Rob-thing isn't my words, it's what the magazines are saying. I agree with it a little bit, but anyone who reads the books knows it's the story...
Well I didn't get that opinion after last night, so yes Twilighters and world-wide new fans of the sage want Rob. You just
can't have Twilight now without Rob. Maybe that is going over board, So let me take that back, The movie will be a greast sucess without Rob, but it will be so much more with him now. I have never seen one person that has had this inpact ont such a world wide effect as Rob has. But they are both tied together so the need each other.
Oooh, it happens every decade or so. In the 90s it was Brad Pitt in Interview with a Vampire that brought world wide knowledge of his name, and once you've seen him in the movie you can't imagine seeing the movie without him. I think the movie would've been good without Rob. However, with Rob it did a whole lot better. So, the movie guys are worried that with the lack of Edward in NM people won't be as interested. Heck, if they stay to the story, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Edward. I mean showing us what he's doing while he's away from Bella. I mean there is story enough to provide us glimpses of what he's up to while he's not around. I mean I would rather see THAT story then Bella and Jacob....

Sorry threw up in my mouth a little bit. Forgive me. I know I'm going to not be happy with NM movie. I mean I'll love it and watch it, but it's not my favorite book and I'm not a Jacob fan at all. This movie is for the Jacob fans and I'm more than happy if the producers and movie guys want more of Rob/Edward in the movie. As long as it sticks with the book.

If Bella had been a vampire originally instead of just human, do you think, if Edward had met her that way (but still in Forks High School), that he would have fell in love with her as he did in the book?

I don't think so and by that I mean maybe not have fallen in love with her in the same he did. She wouldn't have been as intriguing. She would've because of the mind thing, but he would've known immediately it was a vampire talent. And he wouldn't have been drawn to her because of her smell. It was her smell and her gift that peaked his interest in her to begin with and it is what kept him coming back to get to know her as a person. And I doubt Bella would've continued to be the Bella we know. I mean she had 2 years of prep time with vampires to know what to expect in the change. I'm sure she'd have been somewhat similiar, but she wouldn't have known to pay attention in the shifts in her moods and know, "Hey, this is newborn taking over time to control that."

So, really ... I dunno. I think you'd probably have a 30% he'd have fallen in love with her in the first place.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

JenTheWriter wrote:.

Sorry threw up in my mouth a little bit. Forgive me. I know I'm going to not be happy with NM movie. I mean I'll love it and watch it, but it's not my favorite book and I'm not a Jacob fan at all. This movie is for the Jacob fans and I'm more than happy if the producers and movie guys want more of Rob/Edward in the movie. As long as it sticks with the book.
I don't think the movie is mostly for Jacob fans. I am Team Edward all the way. I have been since the very first time Bella saw him. He is THE GUY. But still, New Moon is my favorite book. The choice Edward makes is heartbreaking. And I feel their pain, both his and Bella's. The fact that Edward leaves is, in my opinion, pivotal to the development of their relationship. It makes Edward realize that Bella loves him so much, and that there is absolutely no way that they can be apart. And it makes Bella spending more time with Jacob makes her more sure of her future with Edward. She knows her options, and she still ends up choosing Edward. And everything from ch 16 and to the end, is possibly my favorite in the whole saga. The reunion is so sweet, and the proposal and everything. So that's why NM is my favorite book. And I will be so happy with the movie if the get it right.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

JenTheWriter wrote:[Oooh, it happens every decade or so. In the 90s it was Brad Pitt in Interview with a Vampire that brought world wide knowledge of his name, and once you've seen him in the movie you can't imagine seeing the movie without him. I think the movie would've been good without Rob. However, with Rob it did a whole lot better. So, the movie guys are worried that with the lack of Edward in NM people won't be as interested. Heck, if they stay to the story, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Edward. I mean showing us what he's doing while he's away from Bella. I mean there is story enough to provide us glimpses of what he's up to while he's not around. I mean I would rather see THAT story then Bella and Jacob....

If Bella had been a vampire originally instead of just human, do you think, if Edward had met her that way (but still in Forks High School), that he would have fell in love with her as he did in the book?

I don't think so and by that I mean maybe not have fallen in love with her in the same he did. She wouldn't have been as intriguing. She would've because of the mind thing, but he would've known immediately it was a vampire talent. And he wouldn't have been drawn to her because of her smell. It was her smell and her gift that peaked his interest in her to begin with and it is what kept him coming back to get to know her as a person. And I doubt Bella would've continued to be the Bella we know. I mean she had 2 years of prep time with vampires to know what to expect in the change. I'm sure she'd have been somewhat similiar, but she wouldn't have known to pay attention in the shifts in her moods and know, "Hey, this is newborn taking over time to control that."

So, really ... I dunno. I think you'd probably have a 30% he'd have fallen in love with her in the first place.
Brad Pitt was a great hit and we fell for him, But it is nothing compared to Rob Pattinsons fans and all the websites and the appealing to young and old, from America to India, frankly the only ones I can think of in my life has been the Beatles and Elvis and I am not comparing them to Rob, I am only comparing the fan base and the attetion all around the world and how quickly it happened. I also pray that it does go away so Rob can have a decent life, not like Brad Pitt and the Beatles and Elvis. So Brad when he and Angelina got together that is why the papazzizis is following him so closely now. Rob if he makes the right choice will have a wonderfull career and the media will leave him alone. Please! :D
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

JenTheWriter wrote:
diane771 wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote:
Among Twilighters Rob didn't make it big. But for those who had never read the books before Rob drew them in. I got sucked in to see what all the hype is about. And really the whole Rob-thing isn't my words, it's what the magazines are saying. I agree with it a little bit, but anyone who reads the books knows it's the story...
Well I didn't get that opinion after last night, so yes Twilighters and world-wide new fans of the sage want Rob. You just
can't have Twilight now without Rob. Maybe that is going over board, So let me take that back, The movie will be a greast sucess without Rob, but it will be so much more with him now. I have never seen one person that has had this inpact ont such a world wide effect as Rob has. But they are both tied together so the need each other.
Oooh, it happens every decade or so. In the 90s it was Brad Pitt in Interview with a Vampire that brought world wide knowledge of his name, and once you've seen him in the movie you can't imagine seeing the movie without him. I think the movie would've been good without Rob. However, with Rob it did a whole lot better. So, the movie guys are worried that with the lack of Edward in NM people won't be as interested. Heck, if they stay to the story, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Edward. I mean showing us what he's doing while he's away from Bella. I mean there is story enough to provide us glimpses of what he's up to while he's not around. I mean I would rather see THAT story then Bella and Jacob....

MY BRAIN TWIN IS STILL ALIVE! THANK HEAVENS! :lol: Where have you been?
By the way you stated things perfectly.

What irritates me though is that some (really stupid) people think that Rob IS Edward. He's not. They're two different people, characters, personalities whatever you want to call it. I mean the hype that surronds Twilight, is mainly because of him. It started out with the story that drove people crazy, now it's just HIM. He wasn't exactly who I wanted for Edward, but he fit the bill nicely if you catch my drift. ;) :lol: It's just that I'd rather the hype be about the books and not the movies all the time. I mean, now, it's hard to see thee Twilight Saga movies without HIM in it. I used to have my own mental image of what Edward looked like, now Rob replaces him. :lol: Which is sad in my case because I miss the Edward of my imagination who's face I cannot remember.
edwardsblossom
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

JenTheWriter wrote:
diane771 wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote:

I agree with your answer, actually. It's sad that it would have been that way most likely, I think, but I agree. =/
§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

What irritates me though is that some (really stupid) people think that Rob IS Edward. He's not. They're two different people, characters, personalities whatever you want to call it. I mean the hype that surronds Twilight, is mainly because of him. It started out with the story that drove people crazy, now it's just HIM. He wasn't exactly who I wanted for Edward, but he fit the bill nicely if you catch my drift. ;) :lol: It's just that I'd rather the hype be about the books and not the movies all the time. I mean, now, it's hard to see thee Twilight Saga movies without HIM in it. I used to have my own mental image of what Edward looked like, now Rob replaces him. :lol: Which is sad in my case because I miss the Edward of my imagination who's face I cannot remember.[/quote]

Well maybe the tweens think that Rob is Edward but, most people after seeing him interviewed fall in love with him. With the hype over him here it just grew all around the world. I could not picture Edward in my head when I read the book, I tried to many, many nights and I did not know of Rob, so I went to see the movie based on the books. So I am not sure do you like Rob as Edward, or do you resent Rob's attention he is getting and is taking away from the movie?
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Jen, wow. you've sparked quite a conversation! haha. well natually you don't liek Jacob (ew) at all. we don't either. i mean, don't get me wrong i don't hate him or anything. i just think bella and edward belong together.

anyway! thread's almost done! woooooooooo!

absolutely not. her fragility as a human is one of the things that (scares him, yes, but also) intrigues him about her.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

samajama wrote:Jen, wow. you've sparked quite a conversation! haha. well natually you don't liek Jacob (ew) at all. we don't either. i mean, don't get me wrong i don't hate him or anything. i just think bella and edward belong together.

absolutely not. her fragility as a human is one of the things that (scares him, yes, but also) intrigues him about her.
Well I think you are right, in most way I see it the way you do. First he smells her blood, and it hits him smack in the face like a 2 by 4 , something he has never came across, thats the worm being put on the hook. Then he goes away from her to check her out, and nothing, not a thing, nada and that is most frustratind to someone who can read everyones thoughts. Thats the fish come in contact with the worm for dinner. Then instead of reacting to him as humans do, she isn't afraid of him, she wants to know him, she sees the good in him that he had lost sight of so many years ago. Thus the fish is caught.
So I don't know , can anybody say that would be. Well Rosalie and Tanya didn't get him worked up like Bella so maybe if she was a vamp before he would notice her but not like the way it was with Bella the human.
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Oooh so much to reply to. Give me a momet (though it won't seem like that to you) and I'll get to them. YAY!
Dovrebanen wrote: I don't think the movie is mostly for Jacob fans. I am Team Edward all the way. I have been since the very first time Bella saw him. He is THE GUY. But still, New Moon is my favorite book. The choice Edward makes is heartbreaking. And I feel their pain, both his and Bella's. The fact that Edward leaves is, in my opinion, pivotal to the development of their relationship. It makes Edward realize that Bella loves him so much, and that there is absolutely no way that they can be apart. And it makes Bella spending more time with Jacob makes her more sure of her future with Edward. She knows her options, and she still ends up choosing Edward. And everything from ch 16 and to the end, is possibly my favorite in the whole saga. The reunion is so sweet, and the proposal and everything. So that's why NM is my favorite book. And I will be so happy with the movie if the get it right.
Edward is the guy. No questions there. I mean I wholly enjoyed all the bits of NM with Edward in it and you have a great point about how it defines their relationship. I think what Edward did was highly noble and brave and I give him so much props it's disgusting. lol It gave Bella a lot to think about it. And her actions in Eclipse kill me, however ... okay, I will say what I don't like about NM and Eclipse is Jacob's attitude. It's that annoying little teenage boy attitude that didn't sit well with me. And I understand there are people out there who think, such as Jacob did, that their constant presence in someone's life will change their mind about things (I confess I had the same thoughts once), but he came off ... ugh. I dunno. Jacob redeemed himself in BD and I like -that- Jacob. I just know I will suffer through Jacob in NM and it doesn't make me thrilled about the movie.

diane771 wrote:Brad Pitt was a great hit and we fell for him, But it is nothing compared to Rob Pattinsons fans and all the websites and the appealing to young and old, from America to India, frankly the only ones I can think of in my life has been the Beatles and Elvis and I am not comparing them to Rob, I am only comparing the fan base and the attetion all around the world and how quickly it happened. I also pray that it does go away so Rob can have a decent life, not like Brad Pitt and the Beatles and Elvis. So Brad when he and Angelina got together that is why the papazzizis is following him so closely now. Rob if he makes the right choice will have a wonderfull career and the media will leave him alone. Please! :D
Okay, but you have to realize that when IwaV came out the internet wasn't what it is today. Not many people had it, it was really expensive to have and unless you were like a business, a school or had lots of cash it wasn't readily avail to everyone. The way the internet is today it pulls all these people from everywhere to discuss anything. I'm sure if the 90s replayed in the technology of today ... things would've played out differently.

And I hope Rob does get the chance to have a normal life. It all depends upon his popularity. I mean look at George Hamil (I think that's his name) who played Luke Skywalker in Star Wars. I mean he became so famous overnight with the sucess of Star Wars and still he petered out into oblivion. The only one to survive that triology was Harrison Ford. I mean I hope for Rob's sake and that of Daniel Radcliffe they can overcome their movie/book roles and into other areas and succeed at their craft.

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:MY BRAIN TWIN IS STILL ALIVE! THANK HEAVENS! :lol: Where have you been?
By the way you stated things perfectly.

What irritates me though is that some (really stupid) people think that Rob IS Edward. He's not. They're two different people, characters, personalities whatever you want to call it. I mean the hype that surronds Twilight, is mainly because of him. It started out with the story that drove people crazy, now it's just HIM. He wasn't exactly who I wanted for Edward, but he fit the bill nicely if you catch my drift. ;) :lol: It's just that I'd rather the hype be about the books and not the movies all the time. I mean, now, it's hard to see thee Twilight Saga movies without HIM in it. I used to have my own mental image of what Edward looked like, now Rob replaces him. :lol: Which is sad in my case because I miss the Edward of my imagination who's face I cannot remember.
BRAIN TWIN!!! I am alive. I've been dealing with life and health issues. Plus, I mean I've been online I just couldn't find anything to talk about where Twilight was concerned. I know, shocker. But I'm pulling myself in with the excitement of the movie. SO ... yay! And thank you. But what did I say perfectly?

For me ... I never had the visual of Edward until I saw the movie, so Rob has always been Edward for me. Just like I saw HP movies before reading the books so Daniel has always been who I saw as HP. And it annoys me, too, that people cannot separate people from their characters. It's crazy! But I cannot imagine anyone else in the role of Edward, but Rob. And the movie guys are banking on Rob bringing everyone back -- for those who've chosen their "team". I'm all for them throwing more Edward in to the movie if I have to sit through Jacob. *throws up again a little* I'm sorry. The whole character of Jacob in NM and Eclipse makes me want to bang his head against the nearest metal object. I cannot stand that kind of male behavior. *frowns*
samajama wrote:Jen, wow. you've sparked quite a conversation! haha. well natually you don't liek Jacob (ew) at all. we don't either. i mean, don't get me wrong i don't hate him or anything. i just think bella and edward belong together.

I didn't mean to spark a conversation. lol Kidding. I don't really hate I just find him annoying. And it's his age. I'm sure if Edward were 18 and not 108 he'd be more like Jacob at times, Edward's had the chance to "grow up".

~*~

There I did it!! WOO HOO ME!
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

JenTheWriter wrote: Edward is the guy. No questions there. I mean I wholly enjoyed all the bits of NM with Edward in it and you have a great point about how it defines their relationship. I think what Edward did was highly noble and brave and I give him so much props it's disgusting. lol It gave Bella a lot to think about it. And her actions in Eclipse kill me, however ... okay, I will say what I don't like about NM and Eclipse is Jacob's attitude. It's that annoying little teenage boy attitude that didn't sit well with me. And I understand there are people out there who think, such as Jacob did, that their constant presence in someone's life will change their mind about things (I confess I had the same thoughts once), but he came off ... ugh. I dunno. Jacob redeemed himself in BD and I like -that- Jacob. I just know I will suffer through Jacob in NM and it doesn't make me thrilled about the movie.

I didn't mean to spark a conversation. lol Kidding. I don't really hate I just find him annoying. And it's his age. I'm sure if Edward were 18 and not 108 he'd be more like Jacob at times, Edward's had the chance to "grow up".
For the most part I liked Jacob in NM, he was okay. It wasn't until Eclipse that his attitude, and immature stupid teenage boy behavior really bugged me. So I'm all with you there. I liked him a little better in BD, but only a little. And seriously Edward is just so awesome, sweet, romantic, unselfish and a gentleman.

I have a question I've been thinking about. If Edward could read Bella's mind, do you think he still would have left in NM?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson