Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Yes! New thread. :D

Say Bella didn't exist. What female human (ones that we were introduced to in the series) would you think would be the best match for Edward?

Jessica and Lauren are automatically out for me. Edward is just...I don't know how to say it without sounding mean towards J and L. But ya. It just wouldn't work. Tanya is out since she's a vampire, so its kind of an automatic default that it would be Angela.

What do you think Edward's relationship is with the Denalis?
I think that they are like the extended family of the Cullens. So it would be as if Tanya, Kate, Irina, Carmen, Elezar (sp?), and later Garrett would be his cousins, but closer knit than most families are.

...And my brain is kind of dead right now...otherwise my answers would be longer.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

JenTheWriter wrote: I'm just scared my brain can't go to torture mode for Edward. But I think I can do it. I hope...
Wow, you're brave to try that, I wouldn't want to write about tortured, self loathing Edward. So Good Luck if you try!

I would like to think that Edward would stick around & be a father to Renesmee. (maybe that would help him with the pain of losing Bella?)

And I love the idea of making Angela a witch :D
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

pennybug84 wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote: I'm just scared my brain can't go to torture mode for Edward. But I think I can do it. I hope...
Wow, you're brave to try that, I wouldn't want to write about tortured, self loathing Edward. So Good Luck if you try!

I would like to think that Edward would stick around & be a father to Renesmee. (maybe that would help him with the pain of losing Bella?)

And I love the idea of making Angela a witch :D
I would think that he would stick around too. At least, I hope he would. I mean no matter how great the loss ... Ness is still a part of Bella and he'd hang on to that. Yeah, my brain was running wild with idea last night, so ... I'm hoping it turns out well. I'm trying to figure out what kind of genre of witch to go for. Either the Charmed variety or the HP variety. Hm...

And since it's a new day ... *taps chin* we should have a new question.

Edward has a choice: save Bella or save Renesmee. Which decision would you make for him and why?
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Edward has a choice: save Bella or save Renesmee. Which decision would you make for him and why? Renesmee.
He actually already sorta made that choice in BD. He was willing to let Bella stand up and possibly die to save their daughter. Also, you know Bella wouldn't let him choose anything differently. She would want him to choose her, and Edward wouldn't be able to not give her what she wanted.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Edward has a choice: save Bella or save Renesmee. Which decision would you make for him and why?

I agree Jenna.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Hey, I just want to let you guys know that the thread I was talking about earlier, Lexicalia, is up now. You guys should all go check it out and see if you want to join. :)
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Jen~Go with the HP variety...its not as complicated as Charmed is.

Bella. Edward and Bella have been through so much together and he would never be whole again if he lost her. The only way he could ever get past it if he saved Reneesme instead, is if Bella said to save her as her last dying wish.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:Jen~Go with the HP variety...its not as complicated as Charmed is.

Bella. Edward and Bella have been through so much together and he would never be whole again if he lost her. The only way he could ever get past it if he saved Reneesme instead, is if Bella said to save her as her last dying wish.

Bella, if the Renesmee was a vampire baby, they would have to kill her anyway. Like in Bella's dreams. But Edward was prepard to handle that by turning Bella like in Breaking Dawn. If Renesmee would not have been like she was, if Edward would
never heard her when she was inside Bella it would not be so hard but I don't think he would want to risk and lose Bella on Renesmee if she had to be killed anyway he would lose them both.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:Jen~Go with the HP variety...its not as complicated as Charmed is.

*taps chin* The HP variety. I can manage that I think. Or I can somehow do a combination of them both. Maybe. Man. I'm taking on all this complication. I was whining to my sister about it. lol

Honestly ... I think he'd try to save both. I think Bella would tell Edward to make sure Renesmee was okay first and he would because it would be what she wants. Then he'd turn his attention to her and try to save her. I think his first instinct would be Bella though. I dunno. I mean before he grew to love Renesmee I think he would have chosen Bella in an instant, but I think once a person becomes a parent their priorities change. Parents want to protect and save their child. I think Edward would be torn for a second but ultimately choose Renesmee. I know he'd be scarred for an eternity without Bella, but he'd have a piece of her in Renesmee. I'm not saying the pain of losing a child trumps a spouse, but it's darn near close.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Jen, I am so glad you came back and brought some life into Team Edward again!
JenTheWriter wrote:Edward has a choice: save Bella or save Renesmee. Which decision would you make for him and why?
This is a terrible question to answer. Don't get me wrong, I love the question, but it is so difficult to answer. I'm not sure I can.
I don't doubt that Edward came to love Renesmee when he heard her inside Bella. He bonded with her, and I think that was when he realized that he was going to be a father. And that brought on a new light in him. I still think that for himself, his main priority would be Bella. He can't live without her. But what would have made him choose to save Renesmee, I think, would be Bella. Because Bella would have wanted him to. She was prepared to die for her baby. And I think Edward would have wanted to honor her dying wish.
I still agree with Jen that Edward would have tried to save them both, no matter how hopeless it seemed. He would have done whatever he could until nothing more could be done. But in the end, he would have saved Renesmee, I think, if it came down to that. I think Edward would have known that Bella wouldn't want to live at the expense of her baby.
But Jen, you're question really ask what decision we would make for Edward, and not what himself would make. And I have no answer to that one. How can you choose between your wife and your baby...I have absolute no idea what I would have done. I am not really sure what Edward would have done either.

I have another question based on this:
Let's say that Edward was only able to save Renesmee, and Bella died. What would Edward do? Would he stay and be a father to Renesmee, or would it be Italy all over again?
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~