Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by nissanmama »

That's the nice thing about Warden's books, you really can read them just in...sections. :twisted:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I recall that Zerosum is mentioned (because Beth names the places as she walks home early in the book, right before she is attacked) but it is not the place the brothers were hanging at. They did first start hanging at Screamer's then it was Zerosum (partly because Z get's his prostitutes there aka meals and Phury get's his drugs). Screamer's might have just been the place that Darius preferred.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

I thought there was a club in between Screamer's and ZeroSum? Hmm, I'll have to look into that, because you know it will bother me ;)
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Is it time for the next books yet?!?! :D

Also, with Muhrder. Whats his story again? Im not really remembering much with what happened to him.

Xhex history with Darius....Hmmmm.... :?
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Okay, in my quest to find info as to whether Darius and Xhex knew each other (and to what degree) I found something interested that relates directly to a past discussion we had. On the topic of a cohntest, the WARDen did say on March 11, 2009, that there will be a cohtest in the series. The actual quoted answer is:
*winces* Yeah, you do...

*gets out bandages**prepares needle and thread**gets Doc Jane up on speed dial*

It's coming alright- not right away but it's coming.
Now I don't know if this means LM or possibly Qhuinn or dare we say Tohr or Lassiter?

Muhrder is known as the only brother to be kicked out of the brotherhood. We found out in LAv, that Xhex and Muhrder were involved and he went to try to save her (and did, I think) from her imprisonment in the Sympath colony. However, he found out she was a sympath and he freaked and bolted. Even though Xhex refers to the relationship as "casual" it seems like it meant more to Muhrder. That I believe is it in a nutshell.

Okay, for the question of Darius and Xhex, there is a lot of speculation and discussion. One thing is sure, no one knows anything concrete and it doesn't appear that the WARDen has spoken to this particular subject. However, one cellie brought up a good point. When the SV is talking to Darius, he tries to convince her to not just send him back to check on Beth but to send him back. Especially when the SV tells him that Beth is fine, she is mated to Wrath, she is Queen and will never be alone he STILL wants to come back. Maybe because he never had the opportunity to bond to a female and he wants a chance for that? This is what the SV says to Darius before she sends him back, she, "hopes he finds for he seeks in this incarnation". It is plausable that Darius knew of Xhex because he and Muhrder were in the brotherhood at the same time. Maybe Darius secretly desired Xhex but because of Muhrder he never pursued her? Then after Muhrder ran off and I'm sure Xhex went into hiding, Darius lost her and met Beth's mother. What do you guys think?
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

When does the SV talk to Darius? I don't remember that in the books!
una

Post by una »

It takes place in Dark Lover, if I had my book here, I would give you the page reference. Darius is ONLY in Wrath's book because after that, he is JM. Look to the end of the book, I believe that is where we find out that Darius is sent back.
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

I thought that was the only time we ever saw Darius. I will go and have a look in a minute. Maybe a re-read of that one is in order.
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

una wrote:On the topic of a cohntest, the WARDen did say on March 11, 2009, that there will be a cohtest in the series.
I thought I had remembered reading something like this before. Hmmmm,"Its coming alright- not right away but its coming". Now the WARDen said this back in March. If she were refering to the "not right away" as in meaning....Not in the next book(which was Rehv's). Then it very easily could mean it is set for JM & Muhrder.
If not JM & Muhrder then I feel it definitely has to do with Blay, possibly between Qhuinn & Saxton. I do not think nor do I want the WARDen to have anything like that happen with Tohr. He's already been through so much in this whole series & none have even been his own book....:roll:....He deserves a HEA that doesnt require any more trials to obtain, or atleast anymore extreme trials.
Muhrder is known as the only brother to be kicked out of the brotherhood. We found out in LAv, that Xhex and Muhrder were involved and he went to try to save her (and did, I think) from her imprisonment in the Sympath colony. However, he found out she was a sympath and he freaked and bolted. Even though Xhex refers to the relationship as "casual" it seems like it meant more to Muhrder. That I believe is it in a nutshell.

Okay, for the question of Darius and Xhex, there is a lot of speculation and discussion. One thing is sure, no one knows anything concrete and it doesn't appear that the WARDen has spoken to this particular subject. However, one cellie brought up a good point. When the SV is talking to Darius, he tries to convince her to not just send him back to check on Beth but to send him back. Especially when the SV tells him that Beth is fine, she is mated to Wrath, she is Queen and will never be alone he STILL wants to come back. Maybe because he never had the opportunity to bond to a female and he wants a chance for that? This is what the SV says to Darius before she sends him back, she, "hopes he finds for he seeks in this incarnation". It is plausable that Darius knew of Xhex because he and Muhrder were in the brotherhood at the same time. Maybe Darius secretly desired Xhex but because of Muhrder he never pursued her? Then after Muhrder ran off and I'm sure Xhex went into hiding, Darius lost her and met Beth's mother. What do you guys think?
Its coming back, I think. Muhrder got kicked out of the Brotherhood because he went alone to save Xhex?
I'm already not liking him. Some amount of love he must of had to turn his back on her for being part Sympath. Freaking out & bolting when you 1st react is one thing but, if you truly love someone, you get over it & come back.
Do we know anything about where Muhrder has been all this time?

I really like your thinking on Darius & Xhex una. Makes total sense that Darius, one of the more mature & respected brothers, would have never made a move on Xhex because of Murhder. Also, with you mentioning it, I remember reading that part with Darius & the SV, thinking how strange for him still wanting to come back even though he already knew Beth was & would be just fine. Hmmmm....JM & Xhex are so gonna have their HEA, I hope. :D :? :D
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

Every now and again there is actually a perk because of insomnia....

Exciting News from The WARDen
Penguin Group USA is starting a new feature on their website called PROJECT PARANORMAL, and their first Episode is featuring- you guessed it!- the one and only J.R. WARD!

See new interviews and behind the scene info on the BDB! Be sure to check out a clip at www.JRWard.com! :D