Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by Angelvamp »

Sannois wrote:Hi guys, dont know where else to post this, but LAst week I saw on the cover of US magazine, or one like that something about New moon is going to have something totally different in it, not in the book. Supposed to upset the fans?? I did not read it. anyone see that? :o
I read that last month in OK! (with Rob and Kristen on the cover, titled "It's On!"). They are altering the movie a little from the book. The scene in the meadow with Laurent is going to be extended and Edward has something else he is bargaining with Bella, instead of marriage. Of course, this is all speculation at this point. And they're probably doing a bunch of different things, but hopefully going for the same feel as NM.
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

Correction: it was Life & Style on June 1st, same front page headline. What the mag says is different is that Edward will appear to Bella instead of just being a voice, there's a fight scene between Laurent and the wolves and Edward has a different tactic than marriage to stall Bella. Again, all speculation but they do have a quote from the director about Edward appearing to Bella. Gotta keep the eye candy in the movie, people! Of course, I mean besides Taylor. That boy is H-O-T!
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I just hope it doesn't stray too far from the books. I can live with the condition being graduating from high school or something similar and then having the real proposal in Eclipse.
Sannois
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Sannois »

Hmmmm Interesting. Sure have surprises waiting for us I guess.
I hope it satisfies us rabid fans!LOL :lol:
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Hey ya'll....heard a rumor there was a preview for NM before the movie The Proposal coming out this Friday....anyone know if that's true? If it is, I'm dragging my husband first chance!! :D

Thank you Naureen!!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Angelvamp wrote:Correction: it was Life & Style on June 1st, same front page headline. What the mag says is different is that Edward will appear to Bella instead of just being a voice, there's a fight scene between Laurent and the wolves and Edward has a different tactic than marriage to stall Bella.
I am out of town and only have Twilight with me, so I can't reference my books. So, help me out here.
Did Edward propose to Bella in New Moon? I thought the subject of marriage came up in Eclipse around the time of graduation in oder to stall her on the becoming a vampire deadline Bella had set for herself. I do hope they don't mess with things too much in the movie. I can see adding a little more action to supplement the wolf pack's encounter with Laurent, or the Volturi's "discussion" with Edward, Bella, and Alice. But, I thought they got way off base with the Twilight movie. I hope they stick to the story a little better this time.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Can't give a direct quote cause I don't have my books with me at the moment either, but Edward brings up to condition of marriage in New Moon. Bella kinda has a fit about it and it's just left hanging out there....in Eclipse, that is when they actually become engaged. There is no ring or anything in New Moon...that all comes about in Eclipse.

Thank you Naureen!!
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

The marriage "deal" about him turning her comes up in NM but he doesn't propose until Eclipse.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I kind of thought so, but I couldn't be sure. In any case, I wouldn't want to see the powers that be do something like Edward promising Bella he will have sex with her before they marry or anything...that would be totally out of character.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

missp wrote:I kind of thought so, but I couldn't be sure. In any case, I wouldn't want to see the powers that be do something like Edward promising Bella he will have sex with her before they marry or anything...that would be totally out of character.
In NM it's as close to a proposal as you can get, except the ring and the direct "will you marry me". He says someting like "marry me first" (I think?), and then goes on to explain that is his condition for changing her himself. And then he asks her if it had gone better if he had time to come up with a ring. So like fanMNM says, they don't really resolve it. But the way Bella responds...It's a very clear no, IMO.

And I agree..I am scared that they will have him promise to have sex with her. At that point this was something that Edward desperately refused. When she asked him in Twilight, he said it would not be possible. And the issue hadn't really come up since then, but we know that all the way until it actually happened and even after that Edward was against it. So for him to promise something like that, would be a let down for me. But....I guess sex sells better than marriage on screen. I would be very disappointed if the subject of marriage doesn't come up. It won't break the movie for me, but I would prefer that it was in there because it shows so much of the 1918 Edward, and how much he resents the idea of her becoming a vampire.
Last edited by Dovrebanen on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~