I'm an anti. Please don't shoot.

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SGR
Settled in Forks

I'm an anti. Please don't shoot.

Post by SGR »

Hey there. SGR here. As you can tell from the title, I'm an anti. You may be asking yourself, "Why did join, then? Why don't you run back to your wonderful, loving haven of logic and lulz?" Well, it's because after a little while, debating with antis sometimes gets boring. Sure, we may have differing opinions on why the series fails so hard, and there are a few fans on the site, but I want to debate with people whose opinions are vastly different than mine. Plus, I wanted to see if you guys are really the narrow-minded thought police many make you out to be. So, hi.
Yeah, I'm an anti. If I'm being too mean, please let me know.
Atashi Honoo no Messenger! [color]
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: I'm an anti. Please don't shoot.

Post by n0vaice »

Hi! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, there. Welcome to the Lex! LOL! Enter at your own risk. You may just wind up a convert! 8-)
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

SGR wrote:Hey there. SGR here. As you can tell from the title, I'm an anti. You may be asking yourself, "Why did join, then? Why don't you run back to your wonderful, loving haven of logic and lulz?" Well, it's because after a little while, debating with antis sometimes gets boring. Sure, we may have differing opinions on why the series fails so hard, and there are a few fans on the site, but I want to debate with people whose opinions are vastly different than mine. Plus, I wanted to see if you guys are really the narrow-minded thought police many make you out to be. So, hi.
Hi SGR you are welcomed to be here as long as you are respectful. We have had various visitors in the past from Twilight Sucks who have not been and then go back and claim we are controlling. There was an incident about 4 months ago that Twilight Sucks assisted us with when members used the Twilight Sucks forum to conduct a trolling expedition here. The most recent Twilight Sucks ban would be Ire Malecient who called people retards, insulted those with autism, and wished that Rob Pattinson died. Simply put being offense to the mentally handicapped, those with autism and death treats are just not OK. And if that is us being close minded we are happy to wear that moniker.

Just keeping mind that we are a fan site and as such we more like the books than not. We have no problem with discussion, but we really aren't in the mood to have to constantly defend what we like. Not that we can't do that, but that's not what this website is about. It just gets old after awhile if a poster is constantly dealing with old arguments that we have defended in the past and just don't want to have to deal with "Bella is such a Mary Sue" 'Nessie is uber fail" every post.

You, or any reader for that matter is certainly entitled to those opinions, but it's not the job, mission, or focus of this website to provide a forum for that. For further example, it's not the job of Harry Potter fan sites to have to provide a forum for groups that think the book is evil and encourages witchcraft and want to debate that point. It's certainly a view that people are entitled too, but it gets old having to deal with that when the people on the site don't believe those things and don't want to debate them.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome SGR the Anti.
Pel did a wonderful job filling you in on some of our past problems, but I wanted to say that if you respectfully listen to us and then put forth a good argument for your case, you are very welcome here.

Most of us just enjoy this site as a fun place to indulge our fantasy life, and so no one here wants a fight, but we are all interested in a good discussion. Most of my posts aren't even about the Twilight SAGA - in fact, we are having a great little chat about all of our geekish and nerdy addictions over on the LOTR thread. Just come play with a great attitude and be willing to have fun.

Like our favorite veggie vampires, we don't usually bite unless bitten first! :D

Feel free to pm me anytime if you have questions!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Welcome to the Lex. I'm Trine.
I support what Pel and Openhome just said. I don't mind discussing these books with someone who aren't into them like I am, as longs as everyone remembers to be respectful towards each other.

See you around the boards!
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
SGR
Settled in Forks

Post by SGR »

Thanks everybody!
Pel wrote:
SGR wrote:Hey there. SGR here. As you can tell from the title, I'm an anti. You may be asking yourself, "Why did join, then? Why don't you run back to your wonderful, loving haven of logic and lulz?" Well, it's because after a little while, debating with antis sometimes gets boring. Sure, we may have differing opinions on why the series fails so hard, and there are a few fans on the site, but I want to debate with people whose opinions are vastly different than mine. Plus, I wanted to see if you guys are really the narrow-minded thought police many make you out to be. So, hi.
Hi SGR you are welcomed to be here as long as you are respectful. We have had various visitors in the past from Twilight Sucks who have not been and then go back and claim we are controlling. There was an incident about 4 months ago that Twilight Sucks assisted us with when members used the Twilight Sucks forum to conduct a trolling expedition here. The most recent Twilight Sucks ban would be Ire Malecient who called people retards, insulted those with autism, and wished that Rob Pattinson died. Simply put being offense to the mentally handicapped, those with autism and death treats are just not OK. And if that is us being close minded we are happy to wear that moniker.

Just keeping mind that we are a fan site and as such we more like the books than not. We have no problem with discussion, but we really aren't in the mood to have to constantly defend what we like. Not that we can't do that, but that's not what this website is about. It just gets old after awhile if a poster is constantly dealing with old arguments that we have defended in the past and just don't want to have to deal with "Bella is such a Mary Sue" 'Nessie is uber fail" every post.

You, or any reader for that matter is certainly entitled to those opinions, but it's not the job, mission, or focus of this website to provide a forum for that. For further example, it's not the job of Harry Potter fan sites to have to provide a forum for groups that think the book is evil and encourages witchcraft and want to debate that point. It's certainly a view that people are entitled too, but it gets old having to deal with that when the people on the site don't believe those things and don't want to debate them.
Okay. Don't worry, I don't plan to say things like that. I actually like Robert Pattinson a whole lot, so no need to worry about death threats from me. I may occaisonally say negative things about the characters, but I'll have reasons to back them up and I won't just say them arbitrarily.I'm thinking of requesting a thread where people can ask me about why antis such as myself dislike the series, so I think most of my critiques would stay in that thread if it existed. In fact, there were certain parts of the series that I actually kinda liked (Leah, Pre-Eclipse Jacob, and, of course, Tyler's Van XD), so yeah. Oh, and just so you know, Twilight Sucks, as a whole, looks down upon trolling fansites suh as the Lex. We respect you right to have an opinion and that it's your perogative to like something just as much as it is our perogative to dislike it. Here's a link to Twilight Sucks' policy towards trolling fansites: http://www.twilightsucks.proboards.com/ ... 200&page=1
Openhome wrote:Hello and welcome SGR the Anti.
Pel did a wonderful job filling you in on some of our past problems, but I wanted to say that if you respectfully listen to us and then put forth a good argument for your case, you are very welcome here.
Hello! Don't worry, I plan to listen to your opinions and then express my arguement respectfully, just like certain fans do over at Twilight Sucks do! :D
Most of us just enjoy this site as a fun place to indulge our fantasy life, and so no one here wants a fight, but we are all interested in a good discussion. Most of my posts aren't even about the Twilight SAGA - in fact, we are having a great little chat about all of our geekish and nerdy addictions over on the LOTR thread. Just come play with a great attitude and be willing to have fun.
Same with Twilight Sucks, except the people over there do, occaisonally, want to have a fight- but only with brain dead trolls. :)

{quote] Like our favorite veggie vampires, we don't usually bite unless bitten first! :D

Feel free to pm me anytime if you have questions![/quote]
Awesome! Will do!
Dovrebanen wrote:Welcome to the Lex. I'm Trine.
I support what Pel and Openhome just said. I don't mind discussing these books with someone who aren't into them like I am, as longs as everyone remembers to be respectful towards each other.

See you around the boards!
Hi! Fawesome.
Yeah, I'm an anti. If I'm being too mean, please let me know.
Atashi Honoo no Messenger! [color]
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

Hi, I'm Latte :D
Welcome to the Lex!

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Hello! Welcome to the Lex!
It's interesting having an Anti... Hmmm...
We aren't all narrow minded though, I have a few Anti's as friends.
We tolerate each other pretty well. I still love them all to death, despite the fact that they hate Twilight.

Anyways, Welcome,
~Nicholle
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey