Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by wishingiwasbella »

I loved reading btu i never thoguht i'd like the twilight series just because the cover kind of threw me off so I was like huh whatever but my best firned that I used to work with be for i moved was like seriously Leah you HAVE to read this book so when I moved I didn't start my new job yet so I gave it a try finished all three of them in 2 1/2 days. then i had to wait for like 2 1/2 months for breaking dawn ai almost died. Lol. I had to find something else to occupy my time. then I got my friend's hooked on it and they were all likei dno't think so now they are as obbsessed as I am. :-) ok maybe not as much she think's I'm weird for being in here but whatever.
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

I've got a question for you all. It's somewhat personal, so please feel free not to answer it, but I'm curious:

What do you want to be when you grow up? :)

I have a degree in English and Journalism. Right now I'm working as a copy editor/writer in the education field. I'd like to eventually find a job in book publishing—preferably fiction, or comic books—as an editor, or possibly go back and get a master's degree in Library Science so I can be a librarian.

I am a total book nerd. :lol:
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

mandustries wrote:I've got a question for you all. It's somewhat personal, so please feel free not to answer it, but I'm curious:

I have a degree in English and Journalism. Right now I'm working as a copy editor/writer in the education field. I'd like to eventually find a job in book publishing—preferably fiction, or comic books—as an editor, or possibly go back and get a master's degree in Library Science so I can be a librarian.

I am actually trying to go back to college (I attended last in 2001!!!) for a Masters in information Science from the U of M (Michigan) I would like to work with archives...maybe when my kids grow up I'll drag my hubby to DC to work at the National Archives lol!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I just wanted to post this, because it is totally cute, and true...so for all you girls who are still dating:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/66795671.html
mandustries wrote:I've got a question for you all. It's somewhat personal, so please feel free not to answer it, but I'm curious:

I wish I knew! I am almost done with my BS in political science...my intention was to go to law school after I got done...but I now work in a law office, and I am not so sure that I want to go that route now. I've talked about opening a buisness with my sister, we wanted to open a wedding reception center because Utah is a hot market, and being recently married, I know there are not a lot of great options here. So that would be fun. I still haven't 100% given up on my dream of acting. I think I could get steady enough work if I wanted to commute to LA...which would be about an hour from where I'll live.
Someday, I think I'll end up in politics, at least I hope. I love it and I would love to either be an advisor for social issues, or be a political pundit...that would be awesome. I would like to be in office, but I'm not really the type of person who gets elected...so oh well!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

awesomejen1 that article was really cute! My hubbys a nerd...so I totally agree
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Um... A Cullen?

I'm only kidding (sort of).

I'm am coming up on a year since I returned to school, and I'll finish about this time next year with a Bachelor's in Social Psychology. Once I'm done with that, I'm going through an alternative certification program here in TX and will be certified to teach English/Reading/Social Studies to Middle School students or possibly just English at the High School level. The Psych degree will allow me to be a counselor in a public school letting if I so choose.

Teaching is the best, and besides, a close friend of mine teaches 6th grade and is literally asked every day by her students about something Twilight related. :lol:

Aside from that, I'm writing a book, so I suppose we'll see how that goes. :D
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

I want to be a scientist! :ugeek: I'm in grad school right now - studying bio. I've made it my life's goal to not have a real job until I'm 40. Looks like I'm going to be right on track.

It would also be cool to have a secret writing gig with a pseudonym on the side. I'll have to come up with a nom-de-plume...
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

I am a book nerd as well! Hurray!

Hm. When I grow up, I want to write, and get paid for it... or read books, and get paid for it. I can't write fiction to save my life, but I get a writer's high when I get going on a topic that interests me. So I suppose that I would love to work in the publishing industry in some capacity, or do journalism.

My dream gig? Writing/Editing for Rolling Stone. Swoon.

Oh, PS, I'm Tami, and I don't think I've posted on this thread before...Hi. I'm so glad I found it!

PPS- Mandustries, your icon is hilarious! It reminds me of one of my current favorite things - LOLcats. (if you don't know what I'm talking about, you must go to http://www.icanhascheezburger.com... it will change your life.)
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Tamalyn wrote:
I am a book nerd as well! Hurray!

PPS- Mandustries, your icon is hilarious! It reminds me of one of my current favorite things - LOLcats. (if you don't know what I'm talking about, you must go to http://www.icanhascheezburger.com... it will change your life.)
Glad you found us Tami! And, my icon is based off LOLcats ... I like to refer to it as my LOLWard. ;)

We've got a bunch of smarty pants kicking around these boards it seems. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who's still unsure of my path in life, but has plans. :lol:
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
Alternative Moon
Settled in Forks

Post by Alternative Moon »

since im taking an education to become an teacher, I got an feeling that will be my future path in life.. Its not all bad, long vacations ;)