Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by Miss Cullen »

heartscreams wrote:
Miss Cullen wrote:I finally got to watching Kristen in 'Speak' last night, after hearing so many comments about her performance on here. I was not let down - Kristen is more and more becoming one of why favourite actresses, she is very diverse and I am more convinced than ever she will do Bella justice.

Also, lots of comments about her voice. I dont know why but I love her voice, I find it very husky and kinda sexy (for lack of a better word)
awesome that you like Kristen after watching 'Speak'! :) maybe next movie you should check out is 'The Messengers'. yea.

S_M_G, hahah! yea, i get you. no worries :)
Im watching her in 'In The Land of the Women' atm with Adam Brody, will def look into the messengers. I was a bit hesitant about it only cause im a bit of a sook with scary movies lol.
Caitlin...
Settled in Forks

Post by Caitlin... »

i have seen kristen in the messenger, zathura and catch that kid (she was alot younger in this tho) and i have no dault that she will be able to play bella.
kind of excited to see how she protrays her.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

britt08 wrote:i have tried.
i just dont see it.
maybe the move will prove me wrong.
i sure hope so.

Ditto...I don't really like her acting much, it is all too rehearsed...at least what I have seen (In to the wild, In the land of women, twilight trailers)

But meh, I wasn't 100% fond of Rob at first, but now he's all I can picture of Edward, so maybe I'll get used to Kristen too...
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
britt08
Settled in Forks

Post by britt08 »

awesomejen1 wrote:
britt08 wrote:i have tried.
i just dont see it.
maybe the move will prove me wrong.
i sure hope so.

Ditto...I don't really like her acting much, it is all too rehearsed...at least what I have seen (In to the wild, In the land of women, twilight trailers)

But meh, I wasn't 100% fond of Rob at first, but now he's all I can picture of Edward, so maybe I'll get used to Kristen too...
well i did like her in into the wild, but she was only playing a small role. i loathed her in "in the land of women" mostly because i love adam brody and she did not play the part to well she was too akward and kind of immature. but i am still keeping my fingers crossed
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

britt08 wrote:
well i did like her in into the wild, but she was only playing a small role. i loathed her in "in the land of women" mostly because i love adam brody and she did not play the part to well she was too akward and kind of immature

that was part of her role though; Lucy: a teenager who is very stifled by insecurities...
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Isabella Cullen
Settled in Forks
Location: Stumbling, lost and alone...waiting for him to find me

Post by Isabella Cullen »

Personally, I think she has the emotional range of a teaspoon.

She did well in Speak. But I've seen too many similarities between her characters that she has done. Look at her character in the Messengers. Angsty teenager.
Her character in In the Land of Women. Angsty teenager.
Panic room. Quiet, diabetic...angsty teenager.
In Zathura, she was the bitchy older sister who had a small role.
Same goes for the bit part she played in Jumper.

In Speak, her character had been raped and isolated and hated on by her closest friends and nearly the whole school. So being angsty was SUPPOSED to be the main characteristic of her character.

But there again, the character type is the same as the others. There is no change, especially in her expressions. Go and re-watch all of her films again, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Now with Twilight, in the scenes where she's supposed to be looking like she's in love with Edward, she looks bored.

The problem with casting a teenager for this role, is that they really haven't had a whole lot of life experience to draw emotions from.
That "Bella girl" no one remembers...

heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

Isabella Cullen wrote:Personally, I think she has the emotional range of a teaspoon.

She did well in Speak. But I've seen too many similarities between her characters that she has done. Look at her character in the Messengers. Angsty teenager.

In Speak, her character had been raped and isolated and hated on by her closest friends and nearly the whole school. So being angsty was SUPPOSED to be the main characteristic of her character.

But there again, the character type is the same as the others. There is no change, especially in her expressions. Go and re-watch all of her films again, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Now with Twilight, in the scenes where she's supposed to be looking like she's in love with Edward, she looks bored.

The problem with casting a teenager for this role, is that they really haven't had a whole lot of life experience to draw emotions from.
hahah! so you expected actress like, Sandra Bullock to play Bella??? you have to remember that they needed someone who is still in the teen years or, look like a teen to play Bella. and this is not like those typical teen movies where both the girl and the guy are humans. if you're in love with someone, who is somewhat extraordinary or magical or whatever, you can't be all dashing into him. of course you'd have to be worried and scared, to be sure that what you're doing is wrong or right, and that you'd want to find out more about him. wasn't that Bella did? and also, what you read is from Bella's perspective, so you can't be exactly sure how Bella look like when all these happened. Bella is typical but not that so typical.

now that i've said it, i can't think of anyone else who can play Bella, but Kristen. she fits the role nicely.
ocd4edward
Settled in Forks

Post by ocd4edward »

Be nice people. Let's remember that Kristen is a 17 year old girl playing in a movie with a huge demanding fanbase and to be honest, probably didn't know what she was getting into when she signed on to the movie. Most of her other roles were indie films, not too much pressure.

I think she is a very talented girl and will put everything she's got into the role.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Isabella Cullen wrote:Personally, I think she has the emotional range of a teaspoon.

Well put! Another one of my main concerns with Kristen as Bella is she doesn't seem like she would be dedicated to the project for 4 movies...maybe I could see her doing 2...and maybe I'm wrong, but a lot of "indie" actors don't like to play one character over and over and shy away from the huge blockbuster series...and I don't think Kristen realized that Twilight is as popular as it is.
But maybe it couls work out better...I liked the Katie Holmes/Maggie Gyllenhal switch in the Batman movies, if the person following is good enough, it would work out.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
suziecue95
Settled in Forks

Post by suziecue95 »

ellybean wrote:I'am not sure what to think about Kristen...I think she is a really good actress, but when she is doing an interview or something she acts really wierd. I don't know if she gets nervous, but she kind of comes off as stuck-up. Has anyone noticed this? ha ha or is it just me?
Really? she always came off as so down to earth to me.... but i agree that im really not sure what to make of her but i think she is a great actress.