Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by Alphie »

Just jumping in to toss something out to you all about what Jamie said about Carlisle coming in to talk to the Volturi. I know some people thought it was a mistake because Carlisle wasn't with Edward and Alice in Italy. But let's not forget that Carlisle spent time with the Volturi LONG before the events of New Moon. When I first heard about the non-existent nude scene I was a bit excited. Not because I wanted to see nekkid onion skin vampires but because I was hoping for a flash back scene with Carlisle and the Volturi. Being a fan of Aro and his wicked ways, I would have really liked to see some of that information played out in New Moon since we didn't get any of it in Twilight.

Still, I'm hoping for it a bit because Bella has to learn about it at some point. She wouldn't be worried about Edward if she didn't know who the Volturi were, right?
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Ooo what a great possibility! I'd love to see flashbacks! Kinda like how Edward explained in Twilight how he was transformed and showed those flashbacks?
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

They would have to- otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

Maybe during the party, when Carlisle bandages Bella's wounds.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Alphie wrote: Still, I'm hoping for it a bit because Bella has to learn about it at some point. She wouldn't be worried about Edward if she didn't know who the Volturi were, right?
When I saw Twilight, I was so flaming mad that they left out the background stories. Because they were important and not just something to fill the pages with.

Bella knew immidiately what the Volturi were and why it was such a big deal to get there right away. I think the best way to show it is by having Edward tell her, like he does in NM after watching Romeo & Juliet. That's when she really learns what the Volturi is and how dangerous they are. And how Edward was already planning to get himself killed by them at one point, and that is why she immidiately knows the danger they represent. So I really hope they have the R & J scene with the following talk between Bella and Edward. I'm re-reading NM at the moment, so this is all very fresh in my mind. And after seeing the trailer and the clips, I totally see Rob and Kristen when I read those emotional scenes between Bella and Edward.

But I agree with you, I am also very much for flashbacks from the Volturi, because it is important that Bella knows Carlisle's story with them.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Just so long as they give us some kind of connection and not leave it up in the air as an undeveloped plot line I'll be happy. I do like the idea of the Roman Bathhouse...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:Someone on here was worried that Edward would look like he was wearing lipstick (like in Twilight) in New Moon . . .

Well, worry no more, I just found a new promotional poster and it is completely lipstick-free. And he looks mighty vampire-perfect!! :shock: :o :D

http://everglowmedia.net/gallery/displa ... =775&pos=1

Niiiiice!!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

I just heard that the New Moon trailer is going to be released on Aug 14 before that Band Slam movie! I'm not planning on seeing this, does anyone know if they're going to release it on the internet???
CopperHead
Learning to Love Green

Post by CopperHead »

I found it on youtube. Type in "new moon teaser trailer" and sort by newest first. Or go to http://newmoonmovie.org it's on the front page right now.

I get the feeling that Taylor is going to steal every scene he's in. Not because he looks great shirtless but because he has this sort of presence that will really liven up the story, especially since it looks like Kristen is still as frigid as a board. I'm sorry, I tried to look past her stagnant acting, but I can't.
Check out more of my fanart here!
Team Demetri - because it's useless to run...
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

I probably didn't make myself clear, but the NEWLY RELEASED FULL LENGTH New Moon trailer is PREMIERING before the movie Bandslam.

I'm hoping it will be on the internet soon after the 14th!!!
edwardISmine
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardISmine »

navarre wrote:
UnfreakinBelievable wrote:Someone on here was worried that Edward would look like he was wearing lipstick (like in Twilight) in New Moon . . .

Well, worry no more, I just found a new promotional poster and it is completely lipstick-free. And he looks mighty vampire-perfect!! :shock: :o :D

http://everglowmedia.net/gallery/displa ... =775&pos=1

His ear looks a little elvish .......

but he's still way hott!!