Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Edward Cullen #5

Post by moon sidhe »

diane771 wrote:Now I am confusd which argument are you talking about and what book is it in, Opulent ? Thanks
The question was when Edward first realized that he couldn't live without Bella. My answer was from Midnight Sun, when Edward is watching Bella sleep and first hears her say his name.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

I know what the question was, and answer awhile back, before you did. I wanted to know what argument opulent was refering to.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

I do not think that Edward at all relied on Alice's dream about Bella to make him feel he could not live with out her. He has always and many times that Alice's vision are subjective and they can change so no he didn't base his feelings about Bella on anything that Alice saw. He was always in denial of Bella turning into a vampire, but he loved her and wanted to be with her forever, even if she lived a long human life. I don't really see the reasoning that goes with Alice's visions and Edwards love. Edward would most likely shy away from something that Alice saw. She didn't really see that much. She didn't see Jame's, she didn't see Port Angeles, she didn't see Jasper. So Edwards feelings are strictly his own and when he felt he could not live without her was his own feels not someone else showing him what might be. Thats just my opinion
opulent
Learning to Love Green

Post by opulent »

diane771 wrote:I know what the question was, and answer awhile back, before you did. I wanted to know what argument opulent was refering to.
I was referring to the argument in Midnight Sun, when Rosalie goes ballistic over the fact that Bella knows too much.
And I don't think Edward based his own feelings off of what Alice was showing him of her visions. He even states that he realized that it would cause him physical pain to leave - and he knew it had to be in connection to Bella; she was the only thing in his life that had changed. He knew for himself that his emotions had changed - he just didn't know yet that he was in love with her.
"Plus que ma propre vie."
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Well I have read MS but since SM has not released the book and might not I just try to go by the Twilight Saga. I find and want MS to be written, its fasinating to see what is in Edwards mind, but it is unfair to use that in the Twilight discussion I feel, because it really is only a sample and we don't know if it will be completed. So far the discussion about Edward I will take note of what you are refering to and understand that, but I am talking only about Twilight Saga and the Twilight movies so you know where I am coming from. Its just I don't want to add something into the Saga that really isn't there in the Saga.
opulent
Learning to Love Green

Post by opulent »

diane771 wrote:Well I have read MS but since SM has not released the book and might not I just try to go by the Twilight Saga. I find and want MS to be written, its fasinating to see what is in Edwards mind, but it is unfair to use that in the Twilight discussion I feel, because it really is only a sample and we don't know if it will be completed. So far the discussion about Edward I will take note of what you are refering to and understand that, but I am talking only about Twilight Saga and the Twilight movies so you know where I am coming from. Its just I don't want to add something into the Saga that really isn't there in the Saga.
Fair enough.
"Plus que ma propre vie."
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Stephenie wrote MS because she also had Edward's POV in mind while she was writing Twilight. It was during Twilight when she knew Edward went to Alaska after that first meeting in biology, that she knew why Rosalie would have problems with Bella-- she didn't make up all of MS after she had finished writing the books. They weren't vocalized in Twilight but they were in intentions of the author during the writing of the original book, so I think it's completely valid to bring up Edward's POV. Whether MS is ever published doesn't change that. If SM decided when Edward realized he could no longer live without Bella at XYZ point in the story, and she wrote that in MS (wow thats getting confusing) I don't see why that isn't valid. No different than some of the Q&A that the lex has on the site about backstory questions fans asked.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

It's absolutely valid to use MS as a source, in fact, it would be silly to disallow it, as it can give great insight into many of the questions we have about Edward, since we don't have anything else from his POV. It's absolutely fair. But it's also fair to decide not to use that information, for whatever reason.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Well I came to that conclusion because of SM was upset that someone stole it and she posted some on her website and she doesn't even know if she will finish it. So since this forum is about the Twilight Saga and MS is not a part of that and might never even become a book, to me its unfair to bring it into a conversation that is about Twilight books and movies. But that is my choice to do, I can feel Stephenie's anger about her script being put out by someone else and this is my way of honoring her by waiting to see if she will complete it, and then I feel its fair game. The only reason she posted that was becasuse of all that on the internet. But I am basing my opinions on Twilight Saga only, and giving a heads up to everybody so I do not get reemed for not reading or including MS in my postings. Its just me and how I feel. :)
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Yeah, I definitely understand your reluctance to want to use it, Diane. And if SM never posted it on her own I would probably do the same. But, since she did ultimately decide to post it herself, I consider it fair game, and agree with HOFJ that it gives a lot of really interesting insight into Edward's reactions. I definitely respect your decision to not refer to it though. So, you will not get reamed, at least by me, for sticking to the original four.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet