Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Edward and Bella 2

Post by The Dark Knight »

opulent wrote:Man are you digging yourself into a hole there DK! ;)
The Dark Knight wrote:So let me see if I can sum up the last two pages.
Opulent has never been fascinated by a man...
Diane is both sexes...

I go to sleep for a while and all love breaks out…nest delusions of grandeur will spring forth…:lol:
And congratulate me - I have officially met someone who fascinates me - this weekend, in fact, but I am still not about to go climbing in his bedroom window, especially not without him knowing about such an excursion.

Well done, well done indeed...may haappiness follow your quest of the heart...Their will be time to climb in his bedroom later as you two get to know each other better...have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do. ;)

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

diane771 wrote:Lustfull is ok, but I view lustfull as someone you can see but don't have a physical contact with. A movie star, a picture somethings like that, if I was lustfull, I would at least introduce myself to him. :D :twisted:
Yah women call it fascination and men call it lust, where just wired differently... 8-) However you look at it, its chemical...Love is Chemical from the White Nights soundtrack comes to mind... what do you see from yuor insight Diane?

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

diane771 wrote:No I think they were in love way before BD, more like NM when Edward realized how much Bella meant to him when he walked away from her for her own good. and the Bella loved him so much that he thought he had died and went to heaven. But he was falling in love with her in Twilight and she was also. No way Edward would have even left, if he did not love her.
Hmmm. Surprisingly, you're more reserved in your opinion here than I am, so to speak.

I think Edward was in love with her VERY early on, probably by the time he revealed himself to her. Wow that sounded dirty. Anyway, I'm not sure when Bella was for sure in love with him. Somehow, I find myself better able to relate to Edward's emotions and put myself in his shoes than Bella's. Strange, huh?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
diane771 wrote:No I think they were in love way before BD, more like NM when Edward realized how much Bella meant to him when he walked away from her for her own good. and the Bella loved him so much that he thought he had died and went to heaven. But he was falling in love with her in Twilight and she was also. No way Edward would have even left, if he did not love her.
Hmmm. Surprisingly, you're more reserved in your opinion here than I am, so to speak.

I think Edward was in love with her VERY early on, probably by the time he revealed himself to her. Wow that sounded dirty. Anyway, I'm not sure when Bella was for sure in love with him. Somehow, I find myself better able to relate to Edward's emotions and put myself in his shoes than Bella's. Strange, huh?
yah that sounds pretty dirty like what's behind silk curtain #1, say hello to my little friend... :D

It's not as strange as you might think. I have run into quiet a few ladies that can relate to the male view point much easier than the female point of view...something about we keep things simpler as a general rule...excpet when we a subtle that just flys by with out notice... :lol:

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

haha well, I relate perfectly well to all the other females in the series, and I relate super well to girls in real life, it's really just Bella.

The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

holdingoutforjacob wrote:haha well, I relate perfectly well to all the other females in the series, and I relate super well to girls in real life, it's really just Bella.

Maybe she's written by a thirty year old guy... :lol: What exactly do you have problems relating too HOFJ?

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

For the most part, it's something that I simply cannot put my finger on. But I think it probably has something to do with her dependence on men, her lack of a sense of self, her relative helplessness, her self-centeredness..... I could go on. It's really not something that's particularly worth discussing, because I have trouble articulating it.

The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

holdingoutforjacob wrote:For the most part, it's something that I simply cannot put my finger on. But I think it probably has something to do with her dependence on men, her lack of a sense of self, her relative helplessness, her self-centeredness..... I could go on. It's really not something that's particularly worth discussing, because I have trouble articulating it.

Actually it's is worth exploring...These are views that are held by some and are valid ways of looking at Bella's Character flaws that contribute to some of the issues that plagued their relationship...Her Self worth issue keeps returning to inflict damage on both Edward and Jacob throughout the series...does everyone see this too?

moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

The Dark Knight wrote:Actually it's is worth exploring...These are views that are held by some and are valid ways of looking at Bella's Character flaws that contribute to some of the issues that plagued their relationship...Her Self worth issue keeps returning to inflict damage on both Edward and Jacob throughout the series...does everyone see this too?

Yeah, her martyr complex annoyed the crap out of me. The whole moving to Forks thing. The whole first wife thing. The whole baby thing. It was all her making dramatic statements about her selflessness. I mean, I admire selflessness to an extent, but with her it was just taken to an extreme that I found annoying. I'm normally not totally anti-Bella at all, but it's definitely a pet peeve of mine when people refuse to take care of themselves. Paradoxically, it only hurts those around the supposedly selfless person, which is what happened in Bella's case.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

moon sidhe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Actually it's is worth exploring...These are views that are held by some and are valid ways of looking at Bella's Character flaws that contribute to some of the issues that plagued their relationship...Her Self worth issue keeps returning to inflict damage on both Edward and Jacob throughout the series...does everyone see this too?

Yeah, her martyr complex annoyed the crap out of me. The whole moving to Forks thing. The whole first wife thing. The whole baby thing. It was all her making dramatic statements about her selflessness. I mean, I admire selflessness to an extent, but with her it was just taken to an extreme that I found annoying. I'm normally not totally anti-Bella at all, but it's definitely a pet peeve of mine when people refuse to take care of themselves. Paradoxically, it only hurts those around the supposedly selfless person, which is what happened in Bella's case.
Well if I wanted to play devil's advocate here, one could say she was trying desperately to be worthy of Edward with these huge over the top selfless acts. One could say that she was just defective and had woring problems. One could asy she just had a death wish. One could say that she was crying our for help. But, I'm not saying that... :)