True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by Edward_Addict »

Sannois wrote:What can I say, That episode of a mixed up jumble of events from the book.
the Godric thing was so screwy. And Eric crying over him.. Please. Now Sookies Dream? thats Eric!
And the bullets? Yeah it was in the book, but last night there was an explosiion from a suicide bomber, not bullets, so where did he get the bullets from? :roll:
I am just different I guess, but I am so bloody sick of the Maryann show I could scream. The show is now centered around her.
She did not make up the books, Had hardly anything in it about her.
The last few episodes are going to be strange. I feel compelled to read the books again, to make me feel better.
Poor Jessica, Meeting Hoyts wacked mom. And Bravo for Lafayette, he kicked some Why are we talking about a donkey?, And got Tara away from wack job.
Gee anyone wonder what Sookie will do when she comes home to that crazy in her house?
I am so dissapointed in the show. :? :(
I completely second everything Kim said. We are so on the same wavelength about the show. :D

That Eric dream? :shock: HOT DAMN! I thought I would faint from seeing Alex all half-naked like that. And he was being so cute and sexy, exactly like Book Eric. I just pray the show will let us see him like that for real, not just in Sookie's dream.
Image Image
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

I think this is the first time I've ever said anything like this, but I actually like the show better than the books....i like how there's more of a story line, they really develop characters and story lines....i just wish there were an edited version...i just feel really awkward watching those sex scenes, and a lot of the language they could do with out. I just finished reading the third book, and I'm gonna start reading the 4th one tomorrow....

about Eric's hair.....didn't Bill say in one of the books that hair grows right back if cut? I thought i could vaguely remember him making a comment that he was lucky he had just shaved the morning he was made, otherwise he would be stuck with a beard for eternity........so how is it pam as able to cut and highlight Eric's hair?
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Sannois wrote:What can I say, That episode of a mixed up jumble of events from the book.
the Godric thing was so screwy. And Eric crying over him.. Please. Now Sookies Dream? thats Eric!
And the bullets? Yeah it was in the book, but last night there was an explosiion from a suicide bomber, not bullets, so where did he get the bullets from? :roll:
I am just different I guess, but I am so bloody sick of the Maryann show I could scream. The show is now centered around her.
She did not make up the books, Had hardly anything in it about her.
The last few episodes are going to be strange. I feel compelled to read the books again, to make me feel better.
Poor Jessica, Meeting Hoyts wacked mom. And Bravo for Lafayette, he kicked some Why are we talking about a donkey?, And got Tara away from wack job.
Gee anyone wonder what Sookie will do when she comes home to that crazy in her house?
I am so dissapointed in the show. :? :(
The bomber -can't remember his name- had all those chains and bullets and other shrapnel wrapped around him so that when the bomb when off it would project all those things made of silver out to inflict as much damage as possible on the vamps. That is how Eric came to be hit by "bullets".

And I totally agree with you Dxplora07 about liking the show more than the books- I will always love the books, and there are things in the show that bug me (like all the focus on V) but I do love where the show is going. I personally didn't think the "Maryanne" storyline in the books made much sense- I like that they are expanding it so much in the show.

And Bill did mention something about being glad he had shaved, but they aren't following that in the tv show.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

^^ Technically, there isn't a "Maryann" in the books. Just the maenad. I didn't find it confusing in the book, it was just a small part of the events. It seems like the show has done everything in reverse this season - make the maenad story the main focus and kind of downplaying all the other events. Not to mention how they completely flipped what kind of relationship she REALLY had with Sam. That's just retarded.

Personally, I like the maenad storyline better in the book, because it didn't dominate all of Living Dead in Dallas, like Maryann is dominating season 2 of TB. Seriously, enough already with all the orgy sex parties and black eyes and weirdness. It's the same damn thing over and over. I seriously could've done with about half of all that.
Image Image
roseaurora

Post by roseaurora »

Edward_Addict wrote:^^ Technically, there isn't a "Maryann" in the books. Just the maenad. I didn't find it confusing in the book, it was just a small part of the events. It seems like the show has done everything in reverse this season - make the maenad story the main focus and kind of downplaying all the other events. Not to mention how they completely flipped what kind of relationship she REALLY had with Sam. That's just retarded.

Personally, I like the maenad storyline better in the book, because it didn't dominate all of Living Dead in Dallas, like Maryann is dominating season 2 of TB. Seriously, enough already with all the orgy sex parties and black eyes and weirdness. It's the same damn thing over and over. I seriously could've done with about half of all that.
Lol. Know there wasn't a "Maryann" in the books, just wasn't sure how to spell maenad, haha.

I guess I don't really mean that the maenad was confusing in the books, more random- just kind of thrown in there and not really explained (to my liking anyway). Which is why I like that there is more to it in the show.

I guess it helps that I'm looking at the show as an extension of the books, a widening of the original story- kind of like a fanfiction.

But I can totally see how people who are looking for a closer translation of the books to tv would not enjoy it as much.

I think that the group sex scenes are there only because the show is on HBO and I agree, it can be a bit much.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

so everyone i know has been raving about the show so I borrowed season 1 from my friend-- I've watched 3 episodes and it's kinda disturbing.

*runs back to her warm and fuzzy world of Twilight*
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

I hated tonight's episode.

Jason was pretty funny, which is the only good thing I can say.
The fact that Sookie has mysteriously gained super powers really annoys the hell outta me.
Eric was seriously deprived of air time, and his ONE (fake) scene was marred by ugly dried blood tears.
Bill is obnoxious as ever, and he REALLY can't act.
I think I'd shoot myself (or my TV) if they decide to keep Maryann around after this season.

I'm sure some of you will disagree. But whatever. I hated it.
Image Image
Landiana
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

so i totally googled what happens in the second series and have to say that the marryann plot sounds really thin and weak.

just had Sookie and Bill do the deed over here. i think that overall the episode was a bit weak - too little emphasis on the vamps in the bar.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

^^ The Maryann plot is seriously overdone. I'm so sick of it. It's been the same thing over and over all season. No new developments, which make it boring to watch. Especially for those of us who read the books and already knew she was a maenad, which they dragged out and didn't officially reveal until about halfway through the season. And I can't stand how they're making Maryann the big central plot, when it was a minor part of Living Dead in Dallas in comparison to all the other things that happen to Sookie. :roll:
Image Image
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I love love love True Blood. I watched the first season halfway then stopped because i got bored of it. I'm so glad I started watching it again, it's gotten so good. I love Eric he's my favourite character, i'm waiting for him and Sookie to hook up.

So sad this season is finishing soon, can't wait to see MaryAnn die!