What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Landiana »

i loved the Sweet Far thing!!

i have finished Magic Study. and now am waiting for two books to arrive from Amazon - Fire Study and Shadows Edge.

at the moment i am about to start The Catcher in The Rye
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Finished Tanner's Scheme and I'm so glad I read it. I was disappointed in the previous book in this series and thinking it so-so. I really liked this book - great balance, very steamy but not over the top and no "creepy" hero. I can't wait to read the next book, Dawn's Awakening by Lora Leigh.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I'm reading Graceling - Kristin Cashore, finished The Book Thief. I loved it.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CullensGirl14 »

LionandLamb123 wrote:But...School starts soon and I still have to read To Kill A Mockingbird and Dr. Jeckyll And Mr. Hyde.
And I'll tell you, Dr. Jeckyll And Mr. Hyde was written like in the 1800s or something so I have absolutley no idea what they're talking about from the first sentance... :? :roll: :lol:
I read Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for my A-Level coursework, comparing it to Fight Club (i didn't really like it). I enjoyed Jekyll and Hyde so much, it's brilliant, so dark and twisted...the fact that the Hyde represents everything Jekyll wants to be, apart from the murdering part lol.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i really enjoyed Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde when i read it - the differences between the characters and the nefarious actions of Mr Hyde were really interesting. for my GCSE lit text i had to read Lord Of The Flies by William Golding, and i really enjoyed that
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
edwardISmine
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardISmine »

I just got The Forrest Of Hands And Teeth, the little book video made it look amazing!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou1s3t6q2Q4. I also got the first two books of the Maximum Ride series, they sounded good so hopefully they won't disappoint.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I read Blood Promise by Richelle Mead (the 4th in the Vampire Academy series)

and

Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Thank you Naureen!!
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

i just finished grapes of wrath (thank god) and now i have to read ethan frome by the 14th, at least its only 157 pages in comparison with grapes 581
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Finished Dawn's Awakening and it was so good. Parts actually got me that I cried. Very good book and I can't wait to pick up the next one at the library. In the meantime, I am reading Atlantis Unmasked by Alyssa Day the latest in her Warriors of Poseidon series. It's really good so far!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Starting The Phantom of the Opera today, inbetween the Mistborn series. I hope Raoul's still pretty in the book...