Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Edward Cullen #6

Post by The Dark Knight »

una wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:OK Una, Rabbit holes, think Alice in Wonderland, you neve know what's down there and in what direction it will lead...fun to explore everything. Some of it directly involving the thread, some personal inquires that all can learn from and others just out there. We do come back to where the trhead is fairly soon though...beware of the chersher cat with the hooka.. :lol:

Here's your e-ticket for the next ride... ;)
Hey, I know what an e-ticket is, very cool, thank you! Was too young to actually get to use one, but I know what it is! :D Thanks for clarifying the rabbit hole! But I must say, the Cheshire Cat is my favorite character from that book! :lol:

What maturing does Bella need, as a shield she doesn't exhibit normal newborn behavior. She may need a little support, but not much. Renesemee's growth rate is fantastic. She maybe an adult sooner than you expect, so how much nurturing does Edward need to do, plus the fact that the Cullen coven will want to assist and I can't see Edward and Bella refusing. I could see this as an opportunity for Edward to be able to embrace that dream of being a doctor. I think the safe bet is for him to enroll in college and go through and get his medical degree. With the labs and such (provided he can avoid the sun while doing it) should provide a good test for him. Also, with Carlisle's assistance he could (if he goes the forge document route) intern under Carlisle so he can see (with Carlisle's oversight) if he is able to keep his thirst at bay.

Ha, if Bella becomes a nurse, maybe she can shield both of them from the "smell".

Yah, I have a hole other vision of the Doctor Nurse thing between E&B... :lol: might make a good fan fic...

You like the Chesher Cat...somehow that figures, keep away from the mushrooms...How's your smile?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Hmm, the only huge problem I see with Edward trying to be a doctor is that he looks 17. Carlisle at least can pull off the doctor gig for a few years in one place and be fairly nondescript. I don't think it would be as easy for someone who can hardly pull off looking older than a 2nd year med student. I guess he could be the local Doogie Howser, but that would definitely draw unnecessary attention.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

moon sidhe wrote:Hmm, the only huge problem I see with Edward trying to be a doctor is that he looks 17. Carlisle at least can pull off the doctor gig for a few years in one place and be fairly nondescript. I don't think it would be as easy for someone who can hardly pull off looking older than a 2nd year med student. I guess he could be the local Doogie Howser, but that would definitely draw unnecessary attention.

Inow can't get Doogie as he was in Star Ship Troopers...

That's why I think he'll have to be in the tird world as a Doctor...they don't care as much as long as care is given...

moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

The Dark Knight wrote: Inow can't get Doogie as he was in Star Ship Troopers...

That's why I think he'll have to be in the tird world as a Doctor...they don't care as much as long as care is given...
Yeah, I think you're right. I think he'd have to avoid developed regions, but he could definitely be a doctor in some remote area of the world that doesn't have easy health care access.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Who's going to ask for a Doctors creditials in the Amazon or the Congo...They are likely to be happy that someone is there to help them...

If he does not follow Carlists, then what do you see him doing instead?

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

The Dark Knight wrote: You like the Chesher Cat...somehow that figures, keep away from the mushrooms...How's your smile?
Sharp! :twisted: :lol:

I could see Edward continuing with school, keeping up on the medical industry for Carlisle but maybe getting into that internship. I keep forgetting that he looks 17...I know Carlisle makes his age, blur...I wonder how far Edward could get his age to blur. There are many people out there with a young face. I'm sure he can't pass for late 20's early 30's, but he could certainly do some internship work. I also like the idea of him working in the less developed regions of the world, but I can't see him doing that without the rest of the Cullens. They do tend to like to stick together and with the still threat of the Volturi wanting to "acquire" select members...I can't see them spending large chunks of time separated. Plus, what would Edward do about Jacob's attachment to Renesemee? I can't see him leaving her behind...but I'm not sure if they want Jacob tagging along.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

Yeah, I don't think he could pass for older than 25, which wouldn't get him out of med school, e.g. he could never pass for a licensed physician. But I don't see a problem with all the Cullens going together to some out of the way place where they could all do some good. And I don't see any reason that Jake and Nessie couldn't go with them. They both seem pretty able to take care of themselves.
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Well my neurologist looks like a highschool kid. So I am not sure if that is always correct. I could have sworn he was an intern and not the top guy. :lol: Most less develop regions except Antartica are sunny places like Africa and India and I am not sure if they would expose themselves that much unless they just worked in a lab and had other human doctors go out in the field. I could see both Carlisle and Edward doing research and Alice with her premonitions I can see the whole team working together with a garage on the side for Rosalie. :D
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

una wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote: You like the Chesher Cat...somehow that figures, keep away from the mushrooms...How's your smile?
Sharp! :twisted: :lol:

I could see Edward continuing with school, keeping up on the medical industry for Carlisle but maybe getting into that internship. I keep forgetting that he looks 17...I know Carlisle makes his age, blur...I wonder how far Edward could get his age to blur. There are many people out there with a young face. I'm sure he can't pass for late 20's early 30's, but he could certainly do some internship work. I also like the idea of him working in the less developed regions of the world, but I can't see him doing that without the rest of the Cullens. They do tend to like to stick together and with the still threat of the Volturi wanting to "acquire" select members...I can't see them spending large chunks of time separated. Plus, what would Edward do about Jacob's attachment to Renesemee? I can't see him leaving her behind...but I'm not sure if they want Jacob tagging along.
Sharp, hummm, we shall see...

Well, you always need a pinata, Jacob would be good at that...Besides it might be a few years before they leave the safey of the white house near the river...That is beautiful country with very few people in it...

diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Well DK think of it in your terms Redemption. 8-)
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001