Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Edward and Bella 2

Post by The Dark Knight »

Dxplora07 wrote:
Well Bella like to do things that put her in trouble because she doesn't think...the 2nd trip to Port Angels in NM, the J Jenks stuff...yah she got throw them but it's a matter of time before she rolls snake eyes...She might even blow the whole Vampire masquerade...I would say would you jump off a cliff if your freinds did but we already know her answer to that...
rofl, I love that last part about the cliff....it's an interesting POV...I have to disagree, though....She does think about her actions, but with everything else about her mind and thoughts, it's on a different plane than everyone else's. for example: the battle with the newborn, she didn't think for her own saftey, or how her getting hurt would effect the cullens...but she thought that they would need help and was willing to sacrafice her own saftey, and possibly life, to help them.

Anything she did in NM I don't really feel should count, because she was in such a stupor she wasn't thinking clearly about anything...but I do love that qwip about her jumping off a cliff!! lol, awesome-ness! :)

I'm still not sure that's called thinking, having a thought wander in bounce around and then act on it does not give me the thought of conteplation. More like reactionary or well I can't say that on the LEX... I do give her credit there are the rare occation when she has a plan, See Comprimise chapter in Eclipes, but that seems to blow up on her too..."gives into everything" and get's a "We'll Try." :lol: Good Job Edward, maybe she should stick witht he bumbling along concept... :oops:

Kind of like thinking "Oh I need to cut the tree down out front." But forgetting how to do it so it does not land on the house is not thinking...That my Bella... :roll:

I give no free passes for being in a stooper, Life is an "E ticket ride." I beat more than two thirds of you don't know what an "E Ticket Ride" is?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

The Dark Knight wrote:If I may make a suggesyion to you about the twilight books & your SO, have him lay his head in your lap and read it to him...Really pretty great to have your SO read to you...intament time spent with just you two...who knows, it might be something that will bring you two to another level in your relationship...

darn it, I might ruin my rep if I keep giving these suggestions away...
Thanks for your suggestion, Dark Knight, any little bit helps! Maybe after baby's story time, we can have Papa's story time! :lol: And your rep is still intact... ;)
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I'm gone for a long weekend and you all get crazy! :lol: Please remember this thread is about Edward and Bella, occasionally side comment are okay, but more than that should be taken to a PM, the majority of your post should stick to the topic at hand. Also, please no double posting.

I agree that sometimes Bella acts without completely thinking through things. However, when she realized she was in love with a vampire, she made the conscious decision to continue to love and pursue him. Regardless of whether this was wise or not, she did take the time to figure it all out. Based on her decision to stay with Edward, I think she sometimes pushed herself into situations that she should have thought more about. It seems that there are times that Bella let's her emotions drive her, or cloud her thinking (okay more like usually). But then again, she is a young adult, emotions have the advantage of overpowering the brain at that age. Yet, I feel Edward makes the same mistakes and he is 100+ years old.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

una wrote:I'm gone for a long weekend and you all get crazy! :lol: Please remember this thread is about Edward and Bella, occasionally side comment are okay, but more than that should be taken to a PM, the majority of your post should stick to the topic at hand. Also, please no double posting.

I agree that sometimes Bella acts without completely thinking through things. However, when she realized she was in love with a vampire, she made the conscious decision to continue to love and pursue him. Regardless of whether this was wise or not, she did take the time to figure it all out. Based on her decision to stay with Edward, I think she sometimes pushed herself into situations that she should have thought more about. It seems that there are times that Bella let's her emotions drive her, or cloud her thinking (okay more like usually). But then again, she is a young adult, emotions have the advantage of overpowering the brain at that age. Yet, I feel Edward makes the same mistakes and he is 100+ years old.
We like it Crazy, ;)

Yah both of these love crazed pups make a ton of new found love mistakes...That always confused me with regards to Edward. He has the mind reading gift that should have given him plenty of how to and here's what to avoid tips but he still make newbie mistakes. Yah, just want to give him a boot to the head sometimes... :lol:

Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

Just having a spot of fun, una! And I assure you, the double post was quite unintentional. The offending parties, namely my decrepid computer, have been castigated thoroughly. :)

As for Bella actually thinking through things, IMO she doesn't. Even though she tries to be analytical, she really is a creature of the heart. She doesn't think things through as much as feel them. You have a good point, una, that Edward really can't use the excuse of being a teenager to justify some of his actions. But then again, love makes you do the crazy. He was perfectly sane and rational before Bella. She's just one of those people that stir the pot, as it were, albeit unintentionally.

Edit: Shakabuku, Dark Knight! :)
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Angelvamp wrote:Just having a spot of fun, una! And I assure you, the double post was quite unintentional. The offending parties, namely my decrepid computer, have been castigated thoroughly. :)
I should hope so! :lol:

Like any teenager Bella is more influenced by her emotions. She has moments where she does try to think things through, but you *ahem* older fans know (looking back on your own teenage years) how difficult it is to think rationally when hormones and emotions are raging. Maybe this is also Edward's flaw? He maybe a vampire but emotions affect them more strongly. He's never been in love so when he starts experiencing it, it's overpowering him?

ETA: Another question, brought over by request of Dark Knight is a discussion we were/are having over in Edward's thread regarding the "perfect partner". We all agree there is no such thing as a perfect partner and that when you love and pursue a relationship with someone you accept them, faults and all. Do we see that in Edward and Bella? During the course of their relationship do either of them change for the better on their own?

And PLEASE, remember the site guidelines, manifesto, posting regulations, etc...I would hate to be responsible for an online brawl!! :lol:
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

una wrote:
Angelvamp wrote:Just having a spot of fun, una! And I assure you, the double post was quite unintentional. The offending parties, namely my decrepid computer, have been castigated thoroughly. :)
I should hope so! :lol:

Like any teenager Bella is more influenced by her emotions. She has moments where she does try to think things through, but you *ahem* older fans know (looking back on your own teenage years) how difficult it is to think rationally when hormones and emotions are raging. Maybe this is also Edward's flaw? He maybe a vampire but emotions affect them more strongly. He's never been in love so when he starts experiencing it, it's overpowering him?

ETA: Another question, brought over by request of Dark Knight is a discussion we were/are having over in Edward's thread regarding the "perfect partner". We all agree there is no such thing as a perfect partner and that when you love and pursue a relationship with someone you accept them, faults and all. Do we see that in Edward and Bella? During the course of their relationship do either of them change for the better on their own?

And PLEASE, remember the site guidelines, manifesto, posting regulations, etc...I would hate to be responsible for an online brawl!! :lol:
"Put up your duke, Put up your dukes?" Where's this quote from....

Edward did have the most growth in the series although Bella will do the most as she has so much further to go...anyone?

Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

una wrote:Another question, brought over by request of Dark Knight is a discussion we were/are having over in Edward's thread regarding the "perfect partner". We all agree there is no such thing as a perfect partner and that when you love and pursue a relationship with someone you accept them, faults and all. Do we see that in Edward and Bella? During the course of their relationship do either of them change for the better on their own?
I don't think "perfect partner" means the same for everyone, so even though the ideal may not exist, "perfect partner for YOU" does IMO. I keep thinking of what Rosalie said to Bella about Emmett, that he is everything she would have asked for if she knew herself well enough to have asked. A knowledge of self is valuable in accepting and maintaining a relationship, and perhaps even recognizing such a relationship is possible.

As for whether Edward and Bella change for the better on their own, we'll never know. In fact, does anyone change for the better with no influence from others? That seems like an impossibility to me. Maybe I'm not getting the question... :?
una

Post by una »

The Dark Knight wrote: "Put up your duke, Put up your dukes?" Where's this quote from....

Could this be Snaggletooth?
Angelvamp wrote:I don't think "perfect partner" means the same for everyone, so even though the ideal may not exist, "perfect partner for YOU" does IMO.

Good observation and I agree. However, I think what we were leaning towards is the idea that some people have about finding someone and thinking, if they would just stop doing this or start doing that, they'd be perfect. Or those that enter a relationship with the "need" to "fix" someone. I never saw either Edward nor Bella attempting to fix the other. They accepted each other, flaws and all. Now, I agree, people can change and it is usually and outside force that makes them change...but only if THEY personally WANT to change. I did see this in Edward. He was overtly overprotective of Bella, but after their arguments in Eclipse, he did let go and let her go to La Push, spend time with Jacob, he gave her the space she needed. In Breaking Dawn, he was much more subtle about being protective, I'm sure he truck mysteriously died and he just happened to get her the new "before transition car." But I wouldn't doubt he wasn't the only one thinking the truck had to go for Bella's safety. And we don't know if Alice saw something that would have made it imperative for Edward to replace the car.
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

The Dark Knight wrote: "Put up your duke, Put up your dukes?" Where's this quote from....

It sounds like it's the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet