Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by Amanda Beth »

I don't think they'll actually introduce all of the characters of the visiting vampires... it's too much for a movie goer to take in. I mean, SM put a guide in the back of the book for us to keep them straight. I bet they'll have extras there, maybe introduce them in passing, but the main parts would be the Denali coven, Zafrina, maybe Benjamin, maybe Garrett. I bet they won't talk about Charlotte and Peter, unless they've written their story into Eclipse. I bet Alastair won't be mentioned-- he's pretty irrelevant besides the fact that he dips out. Amun and Kebi don't really need to be vocal players. The Irish coven isn't REALLY necessary besides the fact that Carlisle thinks Siobhan has the power to change the outcomes of things and Maggie can tell a lie--but again they don't want to overwhelm people with too many characters. I wonder even if the Romanians will be there or just talked about--if at all.
TeamNessie
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamNessie »

Amanda Beth wrote:I don't think they'll actually introduce all of the characters of the visiting vampires... it's too much for a movie goer to take in. I mean, SM put a guide in the back of the book for us to keep them straight. I bet they'll have extras there, maybe introduce them in passing, but the main parts would be the Denali coven, Zafrina, maybe Benjamin, maybe Garrett. I bet they won't talk about Charlotte and Peter, unless they've written their story into Eclipse. I bet Alastair won't be mentioned-- he's pretty irrelevant besides the fact that he dips out. Amun and Kebi don't really need to be vocal players. The Irish coven isn't REALLY necessary besides the fact that Carlisle thinks Siobhan has the power to change the outcomes of things and Maggie can tell a lie--but again they don't want to overwhelm people with too many characters. I wonder even if the Romanians will be there or just talked about--if at all.

I completely agree with you there's TOO many characters to keep up, the book alone i was getting confused on who's who.
But i totally think their definetly should be a breaking dawn movie, it just wouldn't be a complete story without that movie, especially because Nessie is introduced in that movie as well, so if they cut it off it would just be crap (pardon my french lol)..but yea i cant wait for all of them to come out i'm SO EXITED!! LOL
Love you always Edward and Bella
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

The Dark Knight wrote:So for I would agree on the casting being pretty good...

So who would you like to play what special character for BD?
I was actually thinking about that, and I thought Heath Ledger would have been a great Garrett!( :cry: ) Even if he was still alive, he probably wouldn't take such a small part. :(
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

debussygirl wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:So for I would agree on the casting being pretty good...

So who would you like to play what special character for BD?
I was actually thinking about that, and I thought Heath Ledger would have been a great Garrett!( :cry: ) Even if he was still alive, he probably wouldn't take such a small part. :(
Heath would have been great and I'm not sure he would not have like a cameo...there are a lot of actors and actresses that would give their eye teeth to just be attached to these films...What they need a well connected director that can bring in that talent to boost the final film to an epic...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Owen Wilson would probably be a good Garrett, but is too big of a name for the role. I'm anxious to see how the Denali clan is cast. Rachelle would have made a great Tanya, but I doubt her and Summit would reunite.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Welllllllllllll according to E! Online they have gotten confirmation from Summit that Breaking Dawn is officially a go:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awf ... _Dawn.html

Although I know E! is a reliable source, I would still like to see something from Summit...
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Amanda Beth wrote:Welllllllllllll according to E! Online they have gotten confirmation from Summit that Breaking Dawn is officially a go:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awf ... _Dawn.html

Although I know E! is a reliable source, I would still like to see something from Summit...
I don't trust E!, so I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

IMO, the movie should aim for the PG13 rating in the States. The movie can work with a PG rating, but at the same time most of the readers are getting into their late teens, so the movies should kinda grow with them. Look at the Potter series, the fourth and fifth ones were at the PG13 level, and that didn't stop people from seeing it. Plus, if you've seen the latest one, you'd've seen the part where Draco and Harry were fighting, and it was done so the movie fell into the PG rating rather then going for the next level.

lady4string wrote: I'm anxious to see how the Denali clan is cast. Rachelle would have made a great Tanya, but I doubt her and Summit would reunite.
That would just leave those who don't follow the news confused, if Rachelle was Tanya. We know that there was casting drama, but the general public don't.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Boo Boo, the kid playing Seth, did say he was signed on to play in three movies! So I think they are going to make Breaking Dawn...and I think they are going to break it into two different movies. What do you think they'll call the second half of Breaking Dawn??

Thank you Naureen!!
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

My cousin is an actor and just got a screenplay signed by one of the big 5 (studios) in which he gets first right of refusal so he'll be the lead in it. I told him he needs to go try and get a part in BD and bring me to the set (so Taylor can fall in love with me).