Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Re: New Moon Trailer

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

OK I absolutely LOVED the MTV New Moon Trailer. It reminded me how much I actually love this series.

But I just have one question about it..

When the hell does Edward get beaten up in the Volturi lair???????
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Jrm2492
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jrm2492 »

^i know I'm really quite confused by it

althought my thought was that It's bella's imagination or something maybe when Jane is using her power on Edward?
I'm Jenna
ImageImage
Banner and Avi by me
"When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Once again, there are going to be differences between movie and book because you need to keep the viewers attention in a completely different way than you do with a book. The imagination is not used when watching a movie so the visuals need to make up for it.
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

I thought it might have been one of the options that Alice sees in her visions. Since she sees many different ways that Edward tries to kill himself.

Having said that, there was a part in the trailer where Felix and Demetri say that Bella is going with them and Edward says something to the effect of Heck No. That may be where the fight ensues. Edward fighting over Bella... Definitely not in the book, but may sit well in the movie.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
twilightfans5
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfans5 »

I think they added the fighting part in when Aro tells Jane to try her powers on Bella and Edward tries to stop it from happening. I believe in the book thats when Alice stops Edward. I like the fight part, it adds to the story and drama because when you watch it you do worry is Edward going to be hurt? The other option is maybe thats what Edward is imagining when Jane is using her powers on him. Remember she makes you feel your worse painful fears. But I am hoping its a real fight between Edward and Felix. Just imagine the drama of Bella feeling helpless and watching your true love fighting to the death for all you know. Gosh, I cant wait for this movie.
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

twilightfans5 wrote:I think they added the fighting part in when Aro tells Jane to try her powers on Bella and Edward tries to stop it from happening. I believe in the book thats when Alice stops Edward. I like the fight part, it adds to the story and drama because when you watch it you do worry is Edward going to be hurt? The other option is maybe thats what Edward is imagining when Jane is using her powers on him. Remember she makes you feel your worse painful fears. But I am hoping its a real fight between Edward and Felix. Just imagine the drama of Bella feeling helpless and watching your true love fighting to the death for all you know. Gosh, I cant wait for this movie.
Was it your most painful fear or just the illusion that you were on fire? I can't remember
ImageImageImageImage
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

As far as I recall it was just the illusion of pain, not necessarily your worst fear or fire, just lots and lots of pain. Maybe she recreates the burning feeling of changing. That would be intense.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I think it's easy assume that those of us that read the books understand the characters much better than those that haven't. The fight between Edward and the guard may be just a creative way to show how powerful they really are... the only physical weakness of Edward's we seen on screen was the fight with James in Twilight but it wasn't much of a fight and Edward won in what seems to me pretty easily. People need to learn why the Volturi are a threat before Eclipse comes out.
kerry211
Settled in Forks

Post by kerry211 »

I assumed that Demitri & Felix beat up Edward when he tries to prevent Jane's attack on Bella, instead of Jane just turning her gaze on Edward and flooring him as he does in the book.The whole scene just looks so intense and the film will need the action to show how dangerous the Volturi guard really are.

The new trailer was fabulous. Any fears I had that the film couldn't live up to the book are being quietly eroded. How long do we have to wait now?
ImageImage[/img]
Twilight is my obsession..my horses, my other passion!
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Ok you guys have made me feel a bit better about that scene now. I was htinking they were I don't even know what..Bu the movei definitely looks much mroe action packed than the books and I like it :D

And I especially like Amanda Beth's idea of why they did it. For the Volturi to show their power. Can't wait to found out why it is!!!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner