Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by fanMNM »

Ok, the only line that makes me nervous in the new trailer is when Bella says "Vampires have rules??" She sounds like she's kinda saying that with an attitude. But maybe that was just my impression?? I should reserve judgement until I see the entire movie, all together! But I can't help picking apart pieces and wanting to analyze it all :)

Thank you Naureen!!
Shugo_vampire
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Shugo_vampire »

I never remembered New Moon being as violent as it was.

Still...DAKOTA FANNING WAS EPIC WIN! She sent chills down my spine! It looked so good! Seems like my birthday is gonna be a hit. I'm also happy we be gettin the yellow Porsche!
ImageImage
More than Just a Twilight Fan...
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

fanMNM wrote:Ok, the only line that makes me nervous in the new trailer is when Bella says "Vampires have rules??" She sounds like she's kinda saying that with an attitude. But maybe that was just my impression?? I should reserve judgement until I see the entire movie, all together! But I can't help picking apart pieces and wanting to analyze it all :)
I think Bella is naive and the attitude was more confusion.
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Jazz Girl wrote:GGGAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Fracking Lords of Thank You Sweet Baby Jesus!!!!!!

This is supposedly a scan from a people magazine. I was scanning the Sept 7th (Jane and Volturi pics) issue and didn't see this and am kicking myself in the ar...bum... if it was actually in there. Holy Bloody Hell. This has to be it....the scene. Oh thank you thank you thank you Chris Weitz, you are a genius amongst men. Because THIS. LOOKS. BEAUTIFUL. I think my heart might actually fail at this moment in the film.
OK its been a while since I've read NM so can you please elaborate what you mean by this being the scene?
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
qrwolf
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by qrwolf »

It's hard to tell, mainly because the picture is so light and the scene I'm thinking of was in the dark. It was the scene of Edward & Bella in her room @ 1am after returning from Italy and she's been asleep for 14 hours. But like I said, that scene is supposed to be totally dark with the exception of Edward "glowing" in the light from her clock.

Of course, I could be wrong. I usually am. :lol:
Image "...You're not asleep, and you're not dead. I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you, and I will always love you."~ Edward Cullen
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

eliselovesedwardx wrote:OK its been a while since I've read NM so can you please elaborate what you mean by this being the scene?
When Edward asks her to marry him.

And grwolf... It's a magazine scan, ten bucks they lightened it.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Amanda Beth wrote:
fanMNM wrote:Ok, the only line that makes me nervous in the new trailer is when Bella says "Vampires have rules??" She sounds like she's kinda saying that with an attitude. But maybe that was just my impression?? I should reserve judgement until I see the entire movie, all together! But I can't help picking apart pieces and wanting to analyze it all :)
I think Bella is naive and the attitude was more confusion.
Yes, I don't think it was an "attitude". I think she was more surprised. She knows that vampires go around killing people, except for the Cullens, so I understand that she didn't consider there might be laws that guides their behavior.
Shugo_vampire wrote:I never remembered New Moon being as violent as it was.
You're right. New Moon isn't really violent at all. The only thing that happens is that Jane uses her mental powers to bring Edward pain. And they don't have a physical confrontation in Volterra.

But I like the way it is in the trailer. Jane is looking like a little devilish angel. And as for Edward being thrown around the room...I thought I wouldn't like it. But I kind of do. I know it's not what happened in the book. But it makes it more visually descriptive and powerful to do it this way. It looks great. Just as long as it doesn't change the storyline, it is fine with me. And I don't think it does.
I love it when Edward tells them to go to hell.

I love the picture that JG posted. They just seem so close in that scene. I hope it's the scene where he asks her to marry him. And the fool says no... :roll:
Anyway, Chris W has not let me down on anything with the 3 trailers we've gotten. (And I am trying to forget that he put Edward in a black SUV...)
On a whole the movie appears to be awsome.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
singingsolitude
Wandering Through Town

Post by singingsolitude »

The New Moon extended trailer looks INCREDIBLE, and I cannot wait until the movie hits theatres.... BUT... the fight scene in Volterra has me a just a little confused. I'm not worried at all, because after all we've heard from Chris Weitz, I have complete confidence in him, but personally, I think that a fight in the Volturi lair would have ended really badly for Edward, Alice and Bella. So unless this is one of Alice's visions, or Bella's dreams, I'm more than just a little curious to see how they're going to end it in a good way. :?:

my first thought would be that Aro stops it before it goes to far... but the trailer makes it look like it does go pretty far.

I guess we'll have to wait and find out... but in the mean time, anyone have any thoughts on how this could play out with them still alive?
"The Greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and be loved in return...".
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

Can you see a set of books of the back stories of each of the Cullens? Like:

Book of Alice
Book of Carliste
Book of Esme
Book of Emmit
Book of Rose
Book of Jasper
I was going to say book of Edward but no one would want that, right?
Holy Crow! If we're all as obsessed and living in fantasyland now, can you imagine how expanded our alternate reality would be if ALL the stories were known? Why, oh why did you have to plant this idea in my head???? :o
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

Hey, got a question. After looking at the screencaps of the Volturi again, I notice that they all are wearing something around their necks, a medallion of sorts. Anyone have an idea of what it looks like and what it represents? Maybe it's posted on another website or something.

And BTW, is there a front-on picture of the tat that the wolves boys have on their shoulders?
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!