Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: New Moon Trailer

Post by ringswraith »

Agree to disagree, it shall be. :)

Myself, I saw the movie first, then read the novel. Then I watched the movie again. And while I did like some extra scenes that weren't in the novel (the Cullens cooking lunch, the framed graduation caps), overall I felt like it was a rushed version of the novel- almost like watching the Cliff's notes version of it. I couldn't make the leap from "this guy has problems" to "this guy just admitted he wanted to eat me but that's okay (in a singsong voice)" and it required reading the novel to understand it.

That being said, I'm kind of glad that the movie pushed me into reading the novels. :) I'm wondering if it did the same for others.

Now, back on topic...
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

ringswraith wrote:Agree to disagree, it shall be. :)

Myself, I saw the movie first, then read the novel. Then I watched the movie again. And while I did like some extra scenes that weren't in the novel (the Cullens cooking lunch, the framed graduation caps), overall I felt like it was a rushed version of the novel- almost like watching the Cliff's notes version of it. I couldn't make the leap from "this guy has problems" to "this guy just admitted he wanted to eat me but that's okay (in a singsong voice)" and it required reading the novel to understand it.

That being said, I'm kind of glad that the movie pushed me into reading the novels. :) I'm wondering if it did the same for others.

Now, back on topic...
Your complaints are understandable. Ultimately, I think that it's hard for some fans to swallow a movie adaptation, particularly when the novel that's being adapted is so beloved. Personally, don't think that they rushed the revelation of Edward's vampirism, and I like how they added in the field trip scene as a way for Bella to express her frustrations after the incident with Tyler. I'm mostly happy that they were able to keep in all of the major events, and I absolutely appreciated the expanded role of the Nomads.

I will unashamedly admit that some books in the series do have certain scenes that aren't exactly necessary to advance the story. In a shorter film, I think that pacing may be a bit more critical. While I would have liked to see a few more scenes between ___ and ___, most of them wouldn't have added much more to the storyline.

Anyway, I think that New Moon looks much more promising.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

ringswraith wrote:
Me me me!!!
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

I read the novels before seeing the movie for the first time.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I was in the middle of reading Twilight for the 1st time when I went and saw the movie. The movie pushed me to to finish the book in record speed, along with the other 3 books as well. Then, I watched the movie again. Comparing and contrasting was so much fun, in my opinion! I went back and reread Twilight more slowly so I could see the points I missed. I defintiely think there were scenes I would have done differently...some I would have added or not have added...but over all, I'm just glad they are making the movies and trying to appease the fans when doing so. I am sooo looking forward to New Moon. I think we fans are going to be even more pleased...atleast, that's what I am assuming from reading the New Moon Movie Companion and from the clips they keep letting us see!

Speaking of clips...I love the new one on the blog page! You see what transpires to make Paul transform and come after Bella! It was awesome! What did you all think?

Thank you Naureen!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

If I'm being honest, if I hadn't read the book first and only saw the movie, I wouldn't have bothered reading Twilight. :?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

I thought that the movie was fantastic, but that's just IMO.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

GAH!

Who's seen the new TV spot? Isnt it awesome?
But is it just me, or are they giving us way too many clips at once?
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

29 Days or 4 Weeks and 1 day to go. Woot! Woot!

We are doing the count down cause we're Twiguys and Twiguys are awesome! 8-)
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

29 Days or 4 Weeks and 1 day to go. Woot! Woot!

We are doing the count down cause we're Twiguys and Twiguys are awesome! 8-)
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ