Vampire Diaries --TV series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JazpersGrl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Post by JazpersGrl »

^^ We weren't dissing the books in any way. We are talking about the new TV show. And, according to my sources, it has been changed and it is a rip off. Maybe we should've clarified that. Everything we're talking about on this thread is about the TV show, not the books.
flutterbymonkeys wrote:
i enjoy the show... but am mad at the writers for dissing twilight in the last episode
Yeah, okay, how lame was that? I was only half watching but when I heard Damon say something about Bella I was like 'What?!? Really?!? Did they seriously just do that? Am I really seeing Damon reading Twilight?' I had to question my mom like fifteen times, making sure what I heard was correct. Then, I was like, 'That's tacky.'
I'm trying to stick it out until Stephen tells Elena he's a vampire. I'm hoping it'll pick up then. *knock on wood*

Ali :D
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Yes, we weren't referring to the books, but the show. The reason we're saying that is because it seems the show creators are borrowing heavily from Twilight rather than the VD books. Even the actress who plays Elena would have made a great Bella. In the books, isn't Elena a blue-eyed blonde and more of an ice-queen type? It just seems the show's writers/producers/whatever wanted to work off of some of the success of Twilight.
B&E4EVER
Settled in Forks

Post by B&E4EVER »

I've read the Vampire Diaries and love the series. The tv show is kinda crappy. I've been super busy with work that I never get home in time to see the show but I saw it for the 1st time last thursday, and I think it sucks so far. It appears nothing like the books and the characters don't match what is described in the books. I don't like the fact that they changed it so much and Damon would never be caught dead reading twilight.
~*~JESSICA~*~
"You are my life now"
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I've read the books, but I'm liking the TV show better. The first few episodes were pretty much aweful, but it's gotten sooooooo much better, IMO. Sometimes it can seem like a rip off of Twilight, but so much else is completly different.

I honestly don't see how you're comparing Damon to James though. To me they are nothing alike except for the fact that theyre the bad guys. I can see how you compare Bonnie to Angela but not Alice. Sure, Bonnie's phsycic and everything but that's how she was in the books too. I do agree, though, that Matt and Mike are wayy too much alike.

And, um, that's pretty much my two sense for now. :)
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Sannois
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Sannois »

I am liking the show, I have never read the books, but have read her other books. Which
I enjoyed. At least with V. D. I am getting my Vampire fix. I thought the teilight refrence was hysterical, Lighten up folks! LOL :lol:
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

JazpersGrl wrote:I've never read the book but I've watched the first couple episodes of the new TV show. I hope the book is better. The TV show is a carbon copy of Twilight. I'm serious, I've identified most of the main characters to a character in Twilight. I've pegged Edward, Bella, Alice, Mike, Charlie, Jake, Jessica, and James. And it's not just the characters but the plot line too. Like the diaries, in Twilight, CH added in the fact that Edward had hundreds of diaries. And in the last episode Stephen (aka Edward) gave Elena (aka Bella) Wuthering Heights, which just happened to be her favorite book. Imagine that :roll: . And every episode starts out as a bad horror movie. I can't decide whether to make fun of it or watch it. :roll:

Ali :D

ahem, I'd like to point out the books were published in... 1993, I think, and Twilight was published 2000, maybe? So if anyone's stealing, it's Twilight. Humph.
JazpersGrl wrote:Yeah, okay, how lame was that? I was only half watching but when I heard Damon say something about Bella I was like 'What?!? Really?!? Did they seriously just do that? Am I really seeing Damon reading Twilight?' I had to question my mom like fifteen times, making sure what I heard was correct. Then, I was like, 'That's tacky.'
I'm trying to stick it out until Stephen tells Elena he's a vampire. I'm hoping it'll pick up then. *knock on wood*
wait a sec. What? I'm having my friend (who introduced me to Twilight and VD and NW and DV, some of my absolute favourite books) to watch it for me to see if it gets better and if I should watch it again, and she didn't tell my anything! Humph.

And, I have to point out, I'm really mad that there isn't a Meredith and in the books there isn't such a thing as Jeremy! Kust Margaret! Gah, I hate the show.

btw, ali, It's Stefan, which is supposed to be pronounced Steh-ahn. And Elena's Ee-lay-nah. And Bonnie's a short red-head with curls, who is absolutely adorable, and Matt I think looks like Finn from Glee, and Damon looks too old, and gr, they messed it up! :evil:

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Willowtree, no one was saying that the book was copying Twilight, but the people who created the show. From what I'm hearing the show is deviating quite far from the books. It just strikes me that Elena in the book is a blue-eyed blonde, but the show creators cast a Bella look-alike. It also sounds like they've made her personality a bit different from the books and more Bella-like. Heck, they even threw in the Wuthering Heights reference. lol!
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I have actually read the books, and they are AMAZING. The TV show on the other hand is pretty good... but as said before me, they are making it into a scarier version of Twilight. They have also messed with the plot line so much, I'm not sure where this TV show is going to lead off too. But also, like movies, TV shows are definitely not as good as the books.

I also agree that the writers for the TV show are TRYING to make V.D. like Twilight, in hopes that they will get more viewers. But I would have still watched it without Twilight being brought in at all. I think that if V.D. was made into its own movie, and made from its own plot line that was in the actual book, it would be a TON better.

But despite my dislikes of the show, I still think it's interesting enough to watch... I mean... I'm willing to do anything to avoid homework.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Post by paula_bnsnt »

I'm not a fan of the show but it's growing slowly on me... specially with the last three or four episodes. I try not to compare it to Twilight... But I just can't stop thinking that Stephan is so much like the Edward I imagined than Robert Pattinson's Edward! Sorry ladies but RPatzz as Edward never convinced me. And the other point I can't help comparing is the fact that I love how vampires are in Twilight, so I hate the fact that in Vampire Diaries they burn in the sun, or that their bite is not poisonous, or that they can be warm if they drink coffee, or that they can get hurt (even if they heal fast, they're not rock-solid) or that they can be around people and spilled blood and get just black creepy eyes.

Also I couldn't believe it either when I heard they would mention Twilight. It was actually funny though... Damon saying he lived "in the real world where vampires burn in the sun." instead of sparkling like diamonds.
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Let me just say I was pissed when Lexi got killed off. I was hoping they would have her stick around for a while. I liked her.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3