Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon Trailer

Post by swedishskinjer »

ringswraith wrote:
swedishskinjer wrote:Personally, I loved the Twilight movie just as much as the book. Thankfully, the movie cut down on Bella's excessive physical descriptions of Edward. :P I think too many fans were expecting them to cram too much in for a two hour movie. They did admirably with the material that they did use.

I also loved how the movie handled the ending and the prom scene. Adding Victoria in was a nice touch to set up NM.
Bella's descriptions of Edward were things that I liked about her character. It shows how she is a (in her mind, an absolutely ordinary) human, trying to describe this otherwordly being. In the movie, we don't see any of that- we don't even know that she thinks he looks beautiful until the whole "sparkle" scene and she practically word-vomits it. :?

And Victoria at the end of the movie killed the scene for me. I understand that they did it to set up New Moon, but it killed the suspension of disbelief to have her there, at the prom. There's no way Edward or any of the Cullens would have let her get so close to Bella.
Well, I have to disagree. It was a brilliant way (IMO) to set up her hunt for Bella in New Moon, and it showed how she's now observing Bella to prepare for the events in New Moon. The Cullens are not infallible. I'm sure that Victoria didn't send them a letter saying, "Hey guys, I'll be at the prom." Victoria seems to be quite extraordinary at escaping and remaining hidden in the books, so it's not particularly an unforgivable stretch.

Sure, the movie never had Bella declare that Edward was incredibly beautiful (this became infuriatingly repetitive in the book), but there were quite a few hints throughout the movie that, while never explicitly stating it, showed how intrigued Bella was by Edward. Kristen was quite good at showing Bella's longing stares without over-doing it to an extent that would make the romantic bits in the movie laughable. I did like how the film relied on the audience making these observations of Edward's beauty with what it visually had on-screen, as opposed to letting Bella do all of the excessive descriptions.

I appreciated the film as a two-hour adaptation. It had a lot to work with.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

swedishskinjer wrote:Well, I have to disagree. It was a brilliant way (IMO) to set up her hunt for Bella in New Moon, and it showed how she's now observing Bella to prepare for the events in New Moon. The Cullens are not infallible. I'm sure that Victoria didn't send them a letter saying, "Hey guys, I'll be at the prom." Victoria seems to be quite extraordinary at escaping and remaining hidden in the books, so it's not particularly an unforgivable stretch.
Between Edward's mind-reading, Alice's visions, Jasper's empathy, and all of the Cullen's heightened senses, there's just no way Victoria would have gotten that close. I'm not saying they're infallible, but for her to escape notice by all of them? Not possible. She's even in the same room at one point.

And yes, her talent is escape- but she wasn't actively trying to escape the prom.
Tinkerbella
Settled in Forks

Post by Tinkerbella »

From the books, I've always been an Edward fan, but after seeing the previews, I may be switching to Team Jacob!
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I have to agree with all who said Victoria should not have been at the prom. I'm not going to be nit picky considering Twilight has past, and I admittedly never noticed at first. But there is no way Victoria would have gotten that close in the book. Also, I liked the Twilight movie, and I watched it dozens of times without being able to get enough of it, but i dont think it was up to par compared with the book. It was missing a certain spark that the book had. I don't know if it had more to do with the script, the directing, the acting or what, but the book had this certain addictive magical spark that the movie lacked. And then there was that blue filter.. *shudders*

Anyway, Twilight is in the past. (Even though I wish Christ Weitz would do us the honor of remaking it.) Right now, I'm focusing on November 20th. :)
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Yavanna
Settled in Forks

Post by Yavanna »

Hi all,

I think Victoria was able to "sneek" into the prom because she did not intend to kill Bella. That way she would not be in Alice Visions. And I guess as long as shes not really near them I guess Edward would need to concentrate on her to hear her...

It was mentioned in the series that Victoria has the ability to escape... In Eclipse she was able to have that plan in mind and nobody would notice so I guess it's totally possible...
I cannot get enough of the twilight saga...
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

24 Days or 3 Weeks and 3 days to go. Woot! Woot!

We are doing the count down cause we're Twiguys and Twiguys are awesome! 8-)
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

Ok, I cheated and just watched the break up scene. So SAD!! But they kept it so close to the book that it makes me happy. And yet so sad...
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Hey, everyone. On YouTube, I found another preview that was shown in Rome: a behind-the-scenes video showing the Volturi and their actors discussing them. At the end of the video, we get to hear Michael Sheen say "Goodbye, my young friends!" in Aro's voice.

It was recorded with a camera, but the visual/sound quality is strong. However, the crowd does cheer sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qjB8ghSYwU
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

It was taken down. What was it?
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.