Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: New Moon Trailer

Post by Amanda Beth »

The scene when bella says its still my birthday and asks for the kiss... rob moans. It was wow.

[edit] just saw the behind the scenes footage from the Spike Awards about the werewolves. Freaking cool.
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

http://movies.ign.com/articles/103/1039523p1.html

^^^

I swear, this article bashing Twilight pissed me off.

Take the current de facto leader of the sissy vamps, Robert Pattinson's Edward Cullen. This is, after all, a vampire who chooses to spend immortality… in high school. Hey, think about all the action a pretty boy like that can get. For all eternity, mind you! All eternity! It's like the vampiric version of Matthew McConaughey's Dazed and Confused character – that's what he loves about these high school girls, man. He gets older, they stay the same age… This type of vamp is clearly smart enough to make the best use of his devil-given gifts.

Do some of these bashers even take the time to read the series and how the characters develop? Edward does not spend all of eternity in "high school", and SM clearly explains why the Cullen children decide to re-enroll after entering a new area for protection. I also take offense to Twilight vampires being called "wusses", considering some of their potent abilities. So what if Stephenie changed a bit of the lore to keep things refreshing? It's her universe and her imagination.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I still haven't watched to new scenes..... :D
I'm going to wait until i am in the theatre....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Don't waste your breath on the naysayers, swedishskinjer. There are haters for every popular franchise out there, it just isn't worth it. And just a sidenote: I've noticed that a couple times you've reposted the same post in multiple threads. We try not to do that since most of us read them all anyway and all it does it create the same conversation going in two separate places :)
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I usually find those article hilarious. I haven't read the one you linked, but the except is great :lol:

When its obvious the author hasn't read the books I don't see any point in being offended, I just see it as a tongue-in-cheek deal and don't take it seriously.

My brother posted an article on my facebook profile that was all about how the current vampire craze is all about women being in love with gay men.... :roll: :lol:

EDIT: I put "guy" men... which made no sense! haha...
Last edited by roseaurora on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

23 Days or 3 Weeks and 2 days to go. Woot! Woot!

We are doing the count down cause we're Twiguys and Twiguys are awesome! 8-)
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
JenJadeEyes
Settled in Forks

How many trailers are too many?

Post by JenJadeEyes »

My niece has stopped watching New Moon trailers, because she doesn't want to see too much of the fil. - this lead me to want to know just HOW MUCH of the film Summit has released up to this point. After going through everything I could find (including the extended breakup scene), the leaked/previewed stuff totals a little over 12 minutes.

To my question: do you think this is too much for a 2 hour movie? Not that it will stop anyone from going, and I've obviously watched everything I could get my hands on, but are they letting too much out in advance?

JenJadeEyes
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Only a few more weeks remaining. :D
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

22 Days or 3 Weeks and a day to go. Woot! Woot!

We are doing the count down cause we're Twiguys and Twiguys are awesome! 8-)
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

There's an official (It's on Summit's channel) clip on youtube of The Volturi fight. (I didn't see anyone else had posted it, sorry if someone has.) It is SO AWESOME, but Contains SPOILERS. (Now I'm not too sure if I'm happy with myself for watching it!) But here you go for anyone that wants to see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trGzaInRSME I am so glad that it's now less than a month away.

And there's also a tv spot called "Save Her" which I thought was pretty cool too, has some new scenes we haven't see yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqlOqAMjQfg
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson