Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by swedishskinjer »

So, who else loved Kristen in Twilight?

Some said that her acting was wooden, but I really loved her performance. Ever since Into the Wild, I've always been impressed by her acting. I particularly liked how she showed Bella's pain in the ballet studio scene. She seemed so genuine as the awkward Bella.

I also think her mouth opening is adorable. She has cute teeth.
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

Also, I thought that she was quite expressive as Bella, particularly when she was interrogating Edward.
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

I LOVE Kristen (since Panic Room). She is a great young actress! I was so so SO happy they chose her as Bella. She looks exactly how I pictured Bella while reading the book! :)

I thought she was amazing in Twilight. I can't understand why people are saying she can't act... She did a great job portraying Bella! :) I think she's going to be even better in NM. Love everything I've seen so far! :D
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

Devious Cullen wrote:I haven't watched any of the scene clips, only the trailers. And although I've bought the movie companion, I haven't opened it yet. Otherwise I'd feel WAY to spoiled. I want it to be new and a surprise when I see it. I know if I'd watched all that stuff I'd feel like I'd already seen it and it wouldn't be as cool. I think maybe they've released a bit too much footage this time. Though I'm sure it'll still be bigger than Twilight.

From what we've seen of Kristen though, I think she's going to be awesome as always. Certainly better than Twilight too. Everything seems to be that bit better. The acting, the script, the tone, even the colouring.

I am sooo jealous of your will power. You haven't even opened the book that you have sitting in your home?!?! I have a hard time not ripping it open every time i pass it in a store window. Geez oh petes, i have no control over myself when it comes to stuff like this. :oops:
Heart_in_Hand

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

swedishskinjer wrote: She seemed so genuine as the awkward Bella.

First let me say that I totally love KStew in everything she has made so far. While I also think she did as good of a job portraying Bella's clumsiness as possible, I am so mad at whoever decided it would be a good idea to have Edward take her up a huge tree! :|

You know, in the scene right after Bella says "I'm not afraid of you" and Edward says "You really shouldn't have said that". In the book, that's when he just tackles her onto the couch. In the movie however, he shoots out the window with her on his back and climbs up a 50-story pine tree... then LETS GO OF HER!!! Edward would NEVER have done that because he KNOWS that Bella can barely walk across a FLAT SURFACE! Much less climb trees 100 feet above the ground!

Was that annoying to anyone else or was it just me? How is Kristen supposed to be believable as clumsy if they have her doing stuff like that?!? :x
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

I think that it was a way to show the growing trust between Bella and Edward. He was one foot away from her, and he could have her in an instant if she lost her balance. It was a moment when Bella realized the enormity of Edward's world, and the scenery in the treetops was breathtaking.

"Do you trust me?"

"In theory."

Love those lines.
Heart_in_Hand

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

swedishskinjer wrote: He was one foot away from her, and he could have her in an instant if she lost her balance.
The problem is that she didn't... and she should have. We all know Bella would have lost her balance in a situation like that. It would have really shown how much Bella can trust Edward if she actually did fall and he caught her. But much like this entire scene, that is not what happened in the book. But this scene would have been a better deviation like that (with her falling and Edward catching her) than it was as it is now.

Even still, it's mostly things like this that annoyed me about the movie. I thought the acting was great for the most part! If only they could have been allowed to act more scenes that actually occurred in the book... :?
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

True. That would have been a nice addition if she slowly lost her balance, but I was so captivated by how beautiful the shot looked that I barely cared. Yes, Bella may be a tad bit clumsy sometimes, but not always. They seemed to have quite a bit of support on that tree, and she appeared to be comfortable with Edward.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Heart_in_Hand wrote:
swedishskinjer wrote: She seemed so genuine as the awkward Bella.

First let me say that I totally love KStew in everything she has made so far. While I also think she did as good of a job portraying Bella's clumsiness as possible, I am so mad at whoever decided it would be a good idea to have Edward take her up a huge tree! :|

You know, in the scene right after Bella says "I'm not afraid of you" and Edward says "You really shouldn't have said that". In the book, that's when he just tackles her onto the couch. In the movie however, he shoots out the window with her on his back and climbs up a 50-story pine tree... then LETS GO OF HER!!! Edward would NEVER have done that because he KNOWS that Bella can barely walk across a FLAT SURFACE! Much less climb trees 100 feet above the ground!

Was that annoying to anyone else or was it just me? How is Kristen supposed to be believable as clumsy if they have her doing stuff like that?!? :x
Yeah I agree completely... I don't think we can blame the actors but the scriptwriter for that one...
they left all the clumpsyness out of it...even the fainting when edward kisses her...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I think, as someone else as put it, we all need to leave Twilight behind us. It was a small budget movie with a director who obviously did not bring out the best in it. No need to pine over what the movie could have been... we just need to look forward to November 20th :)