Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilighter88
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon Trailer

Post by Twilighter88 »

funkidiva wrote:I think they are promoting New Moon more, but then again when Twilight came out I didnt know the story then so I didnt pay much attention (silly, I know!!)... Since then ive read the books and am hooked thus paying more attention to New Moon promotions.
You know, I haven't actually seen much promotion at all. I haven't seen the New Moon trailers once on any of the regular TV channels - I had to YouTube them all to find out about them. I would have thought that since Twilight is such a huge thing right now they'd be advertising it heaps. The only time I've seen the trailer was one time when I went to the movies, and it was the shorter trailer. So I don't know. Australia is just as in to Twilight as the rest of the world. ;)

Edward&&Bella,forever.<3
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

gamb1t wrote:171 days...
lol this is where we started, so no time left at all :p

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
CaughtMyself426
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CaughtMyself426 »

Oh I love it cinema keep showing it before like very movie I go to! hehe
or maybe its just that i actually know what movie it will be on before as friends aunt works there and she knows! :D

Trying to get mom to let me go to midnight showing! But see its like an hour journey on a train which i'd have to go on on my own to meet friend who invited me to go see it!
And I'd be missing the first three classes of school the next morning....

But yeah person on previous page, I'm sorry I forgotten your name! But yeah I think Kirsten looks too pretty in this, different like..
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

16 Days or 2 Weeks and 2 days to go PEOPLE! Woot! Woot!

We are doing the count down cause we're Twiguys and Twiguys are awesome! 8-)
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

You know I've never been this happy november has arrived....
at the first of january we are starting the countdown for eclipse... ;)
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Valrhona40
Settled in Forks

Post by Valrhona40 »

I've got to tell you all that, as November was finally here and I had not seen one single trailer of New Moon on tv, I was starting to be upset (and mostly concerned). But yesterday, while watching So You Think You Can Dance, surprise, there was at last a short advertisement of the fast coming sequel of Twilight! Boy was I relieved! It is like, now everyone will know that New Moon exists, not only us, fans, but the entire planet! Maybe you think that I am making a big deal of little, but it is because last year in November I didn't know a thing about the Twilight Saga, and I am sure that there are still people that are in the same oblivion about the books that I was a year ago. And as long as the previews were not airing on tv, it was as if the saga were confined in a small space, that only the twilighters could access. OK, I know, there will always be people who don't give a flake about Stephenie Meyer stories, but jeez, how glad I am not to be one of them and to count the days on my calendar...
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

They're just not wasting it on television... how many people watch commercials anymore with so many households owning DVRs? They're putting them into special sneak peeks at film festivals, award shows, and tv specials. Hot Topic and Nordstroms with their products. Flying the cast all over kingdom come for special appearances.

You can't look at a newsstand without seeing them on a magazine cover, without going into a mall and not seeing a full size Edward outside of Nordstroms, or the windows of Hot Topic dedicated to the movie. The last place they need to advertise is on the television.

I really wouldn't worry-- whether people like it or not, the world of Twilight is being shoved in everyones face.
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

I agree with Amanda Beth. I can't walk past the magazine section at work without Rob Pattinson or Kristen Stewart or Taylor Lautner starting at me. Not wholly a bad thing, but sometimes I wonder if it's a little too much and people will hate it for the mania surrounding it.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I really don't want them to make that much of publicity.... I want the theatre nice and quite when I'm going to watch the movie...
But still movie has to make a lot of money to afford the production of breaking dawn, so bring on the advertisement...
By the way I haven't seen a lot of dutch magazines with our handsome trheesome on it and nothing on tv or anywhere else..
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

marielle wrote:seriously I was just reading the introduction about new moon on the site of the cinema I'm planning on going to they just don't know :oops: s*t :oops: about the movie.
here is what they tell. first of... Bella is looking forward to celebrate her birthday... :evil: :x so totally not!!
Then they write the blood from the papercut is to much to deal with for the whole Cullen family...what about Carlilse.... :x
Then they write that both bella and Jake are starting to feel more for eacht other then just friendship...that's so not true, Bella only find out about that a book later... :x

man sometimes I think people (cinema managers) are stupid... besides that NO midnight showing in Holland...
I'm so moving to another country when I get the chance....

Oyeah did I told you it was november already.... :P danzing again
I know what you mean. Today I was reading in a magazine & it had a glimpse of some upcoming movies & one of them was New Moon & in there the description was something like when Bella gets into the werewolf world she has to chose between vampires & werewolves. And for me that was more of a Eclipse description than NM. I have no idea who comes up w/these descrptions maybe Summit needs to put out a description & give it to everyone.

I have seen at least 3 tv spots for NM (here in the USA), and everytime I get excited and smile. For me it seems like the publicity for NM is about the same. Plus I don't think they really have to advertise it that hard, everyone (unless you've been living under a rock the last year) at least knows about Twilight. They know they're going to get us diehard fans in the theaters easily. And people like my mom who has never read the books (I know how crazy is that!?), but loved the first movie is excited for NM too!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson