Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by JulieM »

Amanda Beth wrote:I think, as someone else as put it, we all need to leave Twilight behind us. It was a small budget movie with a director who obviously did not bring out the best in it. No need to pine over what the movie could have been... we just need to look forward to November 20th :)
Agreed! I loved Kristen in Twilight, never understood what and why people didn't like her. So, I am really looking forward to New Moon.
dazzle_me-xx wrote:Sorry if I'm interuppting any conversation, but I just came across this and had to post.
Two words.
MUST WATCH.

Click it!
Great minds think alike. I posted this video about a page before you. It's a good one! And I love your Avatar. That was classic when she dropped her award. Very Bella like!
Image Image

Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

JulieM wrote:
dazzle_me-xx wrote:Sorry if I'm interuppting any conversation, but I just came across this and had to post.
Two words.
MUST WATCH.

Click it!
Great minds think alike. I posted this video about a page before you. It's a good one! And I love your Avatar. That was classic when she dropped her award. Very Bella like!
:shock: :lol: lol. I guess that's what I get for not bothering read all the other posts.
Um, anyways I found two videos; one is brand new and the other is really old:
Vintage KStew. So cute!
*SPOILERS* New Moon Clip : Birthday Scene

In the second one, I think the acting from Kristen, in fact, the whole cast is remarkably better than in Twilight. There's none of that awkwardness. Oh yeah, and the clip itself is epic. I love Catherine Hardwicke, but personally I think Chris is doing a much better job, and I can't wait for Novemeber 19th!

TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

^ OMG, she was sooooooooooo cute! :D TFS!

Watched the birthday scene earlier today. It's pretty good... :)

Btw, has anyone watched SPEAK?
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

dazzle_me-xx-Loved the KStew commercial. So cute! And I thought the Birthday scene was perfect.

TeAm_EdWaRd-I have seen Speak and KStew was amazing in it. We have talked about that movie before on here, but it never hurts to repeat it. She was only 13 or 14 when she filmed that. And to pull that much emotion off, is just incredible. Her performance had me in tears a few times during that movie. The movie has a very important message as welll. Any KStew fan should definitely see this movie.
Image Image

TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Okay before I had seen Twilight was open minded about Kristen, but I think she does much better with the high action scenes rather than the normal every day bits. She just seemed to twitchy.. and awkward.. not like Bella - awkward I mean hard to watch on screen awkward. I dk.. I'm lookin forward to watching her in New Moon - In all the previews I've seen she looks really good! She's sooo pretty - *jealous* I love her style - not as Bella, just in real life. Anyone agree? :P
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

TwilightRose1 wrote:Okay before I had seen Twilight was open minded about Kristen, but I think she does much better with the high action scenes rather than the normal every day bits. She just seemed to twitchy.. and awkward.. not like Bella - awkward I mean hard to watch on screen awkward. I dk.. I'm lookin forward to watching her in New Moon - In all the previews I've seen she looks really good! She's sooo pretty - *jealous* I love her style - not as Bella, just in real life. Anyone agree? :P
Well, I thought she was the perfect Bella. And the latest Harpers Bazaar photoshoot-have you seen it? Holy Crow! THIS just proves what a beautiful vampire she'll make in BD.
Image Image

TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

I know - she's GORGEOUS! She doesnt need to be a vampire to be beautiful XD
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

A BRIEF WORD FROM YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD MOD TEAM ABOUT CLEAN LANGUAGE.

PLEASE DON'T TRY TO FIND CLEVER WAYS AROUND OUR FILTERS. They're there for a reason. We realize we've maybe not made our policy clear in the past, and that many of you may have been using "alternative" spellings in good faith, thinking that this was ok. So we want to reiterate our rules: If a word is still decipherable, it's still offensive and doesn't belong on these boards. Don't make us waste our time and yours updating our filters to keep up with inventive new misspellings. Just find an unexceptionable way of expressing yourself. We want to keep these boards PG! We have really young kids on this site. And even Adult threads can be read by viewers of all ages.

And remember: the filters are not a free pass. Just because something isn't in the filters, that doesn't mean it's appropriate to write on the Lex. It's up to you to keep your posts PG. In particular, THE FILTERS CAN'T CATCH ANYTHING INSIDE BANNERS AND AVIES -- please don't make us come after you to clean them up!

Please note that this isn't a response to any particular posts or threads -- it's just an issue we've let slide for a long time, and we wanted to clarify our position. And we've picked a few well-trafficked threads as the quickest way of reaching the most people. For a more detailed account of our policies, please have a look at our Posting Rules.

Thanks!

“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

The thing that bugs me is that some people think if someone didn't like her as Bella in the first movie they are automatically relegating to hating her period. I have no prob with her personally (although I don't condone her drug use or smoking), but I think her portrayal as Bella was awkward in most scenes. Physically, she's very Bella, but the acting seemed off. I hope to be changed of that opinion when New Moon and Eclipse come out though. Her expressions made me cringe in a lot of the scenes such as the one where Edward asks her if she's now unhappy that she's in Forks or during the microscope scene.
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

I noticed those two scenes too! and the one where its her and Charlie after her "almost accident" with the van, and he tells her to call her mom,.. and the way she reacts is sooo awkward! I can never watch that scene without cringing! I love Kristen.. I do - I don't like being the one person who finds flaws in someone, but some of her mannerisms just bother me. I totally agree though, I'm going to wait to see New Moon to decide how I feel about her, I'm hoping it'll be a lot better :)