Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Zina
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by Zina »

Yay Amanda - You will have to post a pic of it!
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

Nikki, I'm with you. I have to see a movie at least twice to pick up the subtleties! When I prepurchased my tickets, I planned for two back-to-back showings so I could really absorb the enhanced characters and adapted storyline.

For those who have seen the movie, how long did you wait in line and how far in advance of showtime did you head to the theater to get in line? The local news this evening said that all the local theaters are sold out for about a week.
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Post by paula_bnsnt »

theotherStephanie wrote:
For those who have seen the movie, how long did you wait in line and how far in advance of showtime did you head to the theater to get in line? The local news this evening said that all the local theaters are sold out for about a week.
I bought the tickets two days in advance and went and hour early to the theater... and there was already a line!! There was an ever longer line to the following showing when I came out of the cinema, and through the day, I walked by at least 5 cinemas there was always a line and it's not hard to guess what it was for! You don't see that often in my city!!
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I bought tickets for the midnight show 2 months ago. We went last night to see Twilight at 9 pm. By the time we got out of that show, the place waqs PACKED OUT!! We got to go right in, though, because we had advanced tickets.
The movie was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! I'm going back to see it tomorrow night, then again on Sunday! :)
The theater I went to last night did a 12:00, 12:05, 12:10, and 12:15 show times thing...4 screens, bottom floors, and balconies for 21+ folks...NOT A SINGLE SEAT AVAILABLE IN ANY SCREEN ROOM!!
The coolest thing was that most of us at the midnight show were of the 30 and over crowd...Twi-moms, Twi-teachers, and several twi-guys. We had a ball! Honey, when Jacob FINALLY took his shirt off...We all went wild! :lol:
I am booking my tickets for the midnight show of Eclipse as soon as they are available. June, baby!!! :D
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I just have to say that I loved it. I know there will always be parts we, as die hard fans, might have done differently, but Chris Weitz did such a great job. I loved it. I left the theater so jazzed for Eclipse!!!!

Thank you Naureen!!
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

So these are my key points of the movie.

What happened to the silver volvo?

Bella's computer turned into a cool mac?

Is it just me or is Carlisle and Mike getting chubby?

and where was the terminal scene? I was really expecting it.

and I really loved the way they portrayed Jacob, he wasn't so arrogant
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

I'm not gonna see it for a few weeks now.. i'm hoping ill be able to see it in a semi-quiet theater rather than with crazy screaming twi-hards.. lol ;) (Nothing against you guys - im one too!! I just have to have a little quiet when I watch movies lol)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

n0vaice wrote:So these are my key points of the movie.

What happened to the silver volvo?

Bella's computer turned into a cool mac?

Is it just me or is Carlisle and Mike getting chubby?

and where was the terminal scene? I was really expecting it.

and I really loved the way they portrayed Jacob, he wasn't so arrogant
first point- Volvo sponsored a lot of the movie budget... they got to choose the cars used...
second: in twilight bella did have a laptop....so I thought it was the same...

- Mike was chubby.... I didn't noticed it with carlisle
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Hey guys there's a thread for people who have seen the movie... so as not to spoil it for the few that haven't yet :)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

All I can say is WOWZA!!!!!!!! Second showing was even better than the first. I noticed a few more things, even though my brain was still completely overloaded. I cannot even express how much I absolutely adore RobWard. He totally owns my soul in this film.

Rob Pattinson owns me in this film... his every subtlety just broke my heart. But, at the same time, he also played Edward (early) as freer, more accepting. Those precious minutes before the birhtday party, he is smiling and joking and playing with Bella and I adore that. That being said, during the break up scene, I was so cursing at Edward for being a stupid, too-noble-for-his-own-good jackarse who needed a good swift kick in his bum. When he said, "I don't want you to come," I literally just growled at him.

And, oh by the way, when Bella tells him to just shut up during the vote, I wanted to stand and applaud. That was soooooooooooooo what that man needed. :lol:

Scene that made the film for me; the Brazil scene.... :o :cry: :cry: :cry: watching his face, his body language as he attempts to process the reality of Bella's death... And, then Volterra, as he processes the reality that she was alive and safe and in his arms... :cry: I was a fracking basketcase so much through this film that I can't even process it. But, like I said all along, I needed that. If I would not have cried that many times, been so amazingly touched and heart wrenched, I would have been disappointed. And, I definitely was not.

Like I said, I was pretty danged impressed by Taylor's performance. I truly was. But, I still hate Jacob Black with a fiery passion. I will admit, during the months of Edward's absence, I came to like Jacob, to appreciate him. But, the moment he gets all holier than thou on Bella about how he can't protect her and he shouldn't be made mad... and when he says "I won't allow it," Oh Hell No!!!! So, kudos to Taylor for taking me on that journey.

I can't wait to see it again. I have no idea how many times I will see it in the theaters, but I have the feeling that I will weep every time.

One thing that did bother me; La Tua Cantante. Aro says it, and Edward sort of speaks to it. But you never get the full explanation. Other than that, I can't really think of anything that was just downright missing. There are scenes I wanted to see: 1) RobWard begging Bella to fight after the cliff dive, 2) Alice and Charlie's discussion after she returns, 3) The trip back from Italy on the plane with Bella refusing to go to sleep etc. That's really about it, though and a few of those could be included in the 20 minutes of deleted scenes.

Bottom line; I fracking love this movie and hereby nominate Chris Weitz for sainthood, and to direct Breaking Dawn.

“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS