Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Kristin appeared in couple mainstream films, but the roles were really small that unless you were looking for her, you missed her.

She does seem more comfortable with doing interviews for movies that are a lot more low profile then she does with the Twilight Saga, and I don't blame her. Some fandoms can be brutal if you say the wrong thing, or say something and not fully explain what you mean.

Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I though that Twilight was good overall, and that Kristen's acting really stood out-stangely, I imagined someone like Kristen as Bella when I was working at the library and sneaking peeks at the plot summaries in the book jackets.

However, we have to remember that Twilight was made to a relatively small budget(though Audi could've run two American Le Mans Series seasons with $37 million), and with a director who nailed the emotional aspects, but didn't quite get it 100% right with the supernatural/SFX stuff, which is Weitz' area of expertise. And the blue filters didn't do it for me either-they made Kristen, Rob and every one else look like flushed zombies as far as their skin tone half the time.

From what I've seen, New Moon will be better overall, as the book is more emotionally charged. And for those who say that Kristen can't act, I've seen Speak and loved it, The Messgengers and loved it, and I even loved Twilight. Granted, in Twilight, Melissa could've injected more scenes into it, but there's only so much one can shoe horn into a two hour movie derived from a 500 page book, as mentoned in the guidelines for the threads in this area-I'll bet you that the movie "Pink Floyd: The Wall" had things cut from it when it was written, and the movie was written by the same guy who wrote the lyrics from The Wall album-Pink Floyd bassist and then lead singer Roger Waters.

Also, the cast know more about what they need and would like to do in general. I feel that in specific that Kristen has more to go from in New Moon-more emotionally charged, and more her style of film.

I've been a fan of her's for a few years, and it's not just her acting that does it for me-she's honest and doesn't hide her flaws, though she has admitted in interviews that she was afraid of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time(hence, the akward interviews from up to earlier this year), but that goes back to not hiding her flaws. I think that she's unique, and that should be embraced. Love her or loathe her, she should be respected, as she is trying to do the right things, but the fame stuff is new to her-she didn't get into acting for fame, she did it because she likes acting. And her castmates can't be wrong-most are friends with her, after all. If Ashley Green and KStew can become friends inspite of their clashing personalities, that says something.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Can I just say that i would kill for that Prada dress that she wears in the Bazaar photo shoot?? ha :lol:
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

NEW KSTEW INTERVIEW!
And its really funny too.
KStew is soooo awesome in this one, and (not that I have a problem with it) is totally unawkward too1 She throws a football! In a dress!
Kristen Srewart on The Jimmy Fallon Show

Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I actually love her more after watching these interviews than before. I want to be besties with her haha.
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

Just got home from the movie. Kristen was absolutley amazing!! That's all that needs to be said. :D
Image Image

Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Kristen was AMAZING in NEW MOON!! New Moon was AMAZING!! :D
topfrog007
Settled in Forks

Post by topfrog007 »

Has anyone seen Kristen Stewart in Life as a House?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Never head of that one, and I've heard of most of her flims, and I've seen her in Panic Room, Speak, The Messengers, and Twilight so far.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

I LOVED her in NEW MOON (also in Twilight), she totally rocked! She is so gorgeous and I loved her facial expressions. <3
topfrog007 wrote:Has anyone seen Kristen Stewart in Life as a House?
She is not in that movie. I have seen it and I can't remember she was in it... It was Jena Malone! :?
JulieM wrote:TeAm_EdWaRd-I have seen Speak and KStew was amazing in it. We have talked about that movie before on here, but it never hurts to repeat it. She was only 13 or 14 when she filmed that. And to pull that much emotion off, is just incredible. Her performance had me in tears a few times during that movie. The movie has a very important message as welll. Any KStew fan should definitely see this movie.
Sorry, I just saw your post! Thank you so much for your short review. I really want to see it but it's not out in Germany. Will have to watch it online... :)