Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Post by debussygirl »

Hannah--Awesomeness!!! Team Edward will prevail, even though Taylor Lautner may have amazing abs!

My favorite line was the blackest blasphemy one, it made me bawl my eyes out when I read it!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

I agree with all of you.

Just seeing all that pain, it was like I could see him breaking, unhinging. I also loved how he fought the Volturi. I know that the Volturi are not to be messed with, but I always thought that Edward would have fought for Bella anyways. If she was in danger from them.

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

debussygirl wrote:Hannah--Awesomeness!!! Team Edward will prevail, even though Taylor Lautner may have amazing abs!
My friend brought up a really good point with this, that I never thought about before. If you think about it, technically Edward wouldn't be all muscular & buff. When he was changed he was dying of the Spanish Influenza, he most likely would have been pretty skinny, he was knocking on death's door. And I think poor Rob just doesn't have the kind of body where he can bulk up. I read an interview he did back when Twilight came out & he said how he tried to exercise & bulk up lifting weights, but he was loosing too much weight and so CH actually told him to stop. And then I like this quote that Rob said in an interview: "At least I don't have to go around wearing denim hotpants to prove myself to anyone." - Robert Pattinson. And if there are seriously people changing teams just because Taylor HAD to bulk up and get muscles to keep his job, then they are just stupid and petty. The amazing character that Edward is & my love for him will notbe changed by TL's abs.
Okay my opinion & semi-rant are now over.

I have a question that I thought of: Do you think that the end of NM was the first time that marriage and proposing to Bella crossed Edward's mind? Or do you think he would have thought of that before? I kind of want to wait for your answers, because I keep changing mine! On the one hand I think no because Edward is an old fashioned gentleman who loves Bella soooooooooooo much he would want to marry her. But then on the other hand I'm not sure. This is partially why I want to read the completed Midnight Sun soooooooooooooo badly. And could read the whole saga from his pov. I can't wait to hear your thoughts!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

pennybug84 wrote:My friend brought up a really good point with this, that I never thought about before. If you think about it, technically Edward wouldn't be all muscular & buff. When he was changed he was dying of the Spanish Influenza, he most likely would have been pretty skinny, he was knocking on death's door.
Yeah but when you get made into a vampire, does the venom not heal your body? Like, when Bella is made a vampire she is damaged everywhere, but when she wakes up, she's healed? And I thought that all vampires are gorgeous, cos they've got to be attractive to humans, to lure them in? That's what I thought about that anyway :lol:

Do you think that the end of NM was the first time that marriage and proposing to Bella crossed Edward's mind? Or do you think he would have thought of that before?
Hmm, I think he would have thought about it before. But I guess that he would know Bella's reaction and thats why he never asked her before? I think he would have thought about it before as thats the way he was brought up; he is indeed an old fashioned man. Plus the fact that he loves her an unbeleivable amount would have made him want to marry her, to spend all her life with her. So my answer is yes :D :lol:

But I agree with you pennybug84, I want to read Midnight Sun so so much! And to hear all the saga from Edward's PoV....wow!!!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

Hello beautiful Team Edward <3 I've missed thee. I've been lurkingish for like an enormous amount of time. :oops:

Do you think that the end of NM was the first time that marriage and proposing to Bella crossed Edward's mind? Or do you think he would have thought of that before?
Absolutely not. He couldn't have just pulled that out of thin air. I think he's had matrimony on the brain since Bella mentioned it in Twilight. And when he finally made up his mind that he couldn't ever live without her even for her own good (post-italy etc) he decided to voice it. I wish I had an Edward :)
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Yeah, when you get turned to a vampire, first the venom heals and then changes :D

I also agree with whats been said. I think he would've thought of it before. Bella is his forever and he would want to keep her forever. He would want to keep her, but in the traditional way. He would want to marry her and keep her happy. And he wanted it so bad but felt it selfish to ask, so he didnt...until he felt that he should get something in return if he had to change her :D

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Dovrebanen wrote:What was your favorite scene from the book translated to the screen?
The proposal... I loved it....
Dovrebanen wrote:What is one scene/line from the book that you wished had made the movie?
Edwards explanation of how he loves her at the end of the book.I thought there could be a bit more gooye bit in it.
Dovrebanen wrote:What was you favorite new scene in the movie (not from the book)?
Jaspers introduction, and the introduction of his gift...
and then Edward saying "You just can't trust Vampires, Trust me"
openfire wrote:But I agree with you pennybug84, I want to read Midnight Sun so so much! And to hear all the saga from Edward's PoV....wow!!!
I don't know if I can agree with you... The extra from Edwards p.o.v on SM's site of new moon was really hard to read.
and after seeing the movie, I turned in to a real marshmellow... Jacob part in BD is tearing up my heart, and not for Jacob but every time I read how Jake sees the pain on Edwards face I start crying... :oops:
edward x lover wrote:Do you think that the end of NM was the first time that marriage and proposing to Bella crossed Edward's mind? Or do you think he would have thought of that before?
Absolutely not. He couldn't have just pulled that out of thin air. I think he's had matrimony on the brain since Bella mentioned it in Twilight. And when he finally made up his mind that he couldn't ever live without her even for her own good (post-italy etc) he decided to voice it.
Yes I believe that to. Although they did made it look like in the movie it was the first time he thought of it....
I believe that only fans who have read the books can really appreciate the proposal scene
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
DreamofEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by DreamofEdward »

What was your favorite scene from the book translated to the screen?
Ok, i have three...
the break up was just amazing!
The reunion in Italy, i thourght this was well done with the time restraints and i was so happy to see Edward again (esp with no shirt on... :oops: )

What is one scene/line from the book that you wished had made the movie?
The conversation on the way back from Italy all the way up to the vote really i wanted it all in there!

What was you favorite new scene in the movie (not from the book)?
The added scenes with Edward. They really helped to convay just how much pain Edward was in when he thourght Bella was dead.

I think Edward would have considered it, when he was human if you loved someone you married them that was just how life worked then,and he was already at that point before they even went to the medow for the first time. He would not have asked Bella tho because their relationship was still in the early stages (they had only been dating seven months) when he left in New Moon plus i think he had an inkling of how Bella would react to the idea. Which is why he asked when he did he was doing everything he could to keep her human for as long as poss and he thourght this was the one thing Bella would never agree to.

wow sorry for the long post but they were really good questions!
Team Edward!

Cullenitus: An inability to go 24 hours without a Twilight fix.

So the lion fell in love with the lamb
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

What was your favorite scene from the book translated to the screen?
The birthday was like dead on!!! And the movies with Jacob and Mike that was good too!!

What is one scene/line from the book that you wished had made the movie?
In the lobby of the Volturi tower and the convo after Bella wakes up :(

What was you favorite new scene in the movie (not from the book)?
When Edward crushes his cellphone omg I almost died.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

marielle wrote:
openfire wrote:But I agree with you pennybug84, I want to read Midnight Sun so so much! And to hear all the saga from Edward's PoV....wow!!!
I don't know if I can agree with you... The extra from Edwards p.o.v on SM's site of new moon was really hard to read.
and after seeing the movie, I turned in to a real marshmellow... Jacob part in BD is tearing up my heart, and not for Jacob but every time I read how Jake sees the pain on Edwards face I start crying... :oops:

Yeah I agree with you that it would be hard to read parts like in Breaking Dawn when Edward watches Bella pretty much die before his eyes. But at the same time, I think that would be unbelievable to read, to be inside Edward's mind...wowza.

The part I would especially want to read, from Edward's PoV is when they were in the meadow for the first time....

"don't move"

**explodes**
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!