Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by rjupiter »

in my experience nobody does 4 revisions of ONLY 12 chapters of a book. I believe the book has been and is finished, though maybe not fully drafted/revision-ed out.
phoebe
Settled in Forks

Post by phoebe »

Midnight Sun really justified Edward's tenacity on fighting for Bella. I've heard some criticisms thrown at his character saying it can be a bit too much. His book became evidence on how new every human emotions was to him, so it seems to have magnified - like a little kid experiencing certain emotions for the first time.
Hats off to Stephenie Meyer. I really do wish she'd finish it!
www.Twilightment.com
Cool Twilight Products Online
Pennyshoe
Settled in Forks

Post by Pennyshoe »

This is my very, first posting to a forum or blog? I got hooked when my neice said I should read the series and I've read and re-read the entire series 5 times right in a row. Can we start a new topic or discussion (I can if someone tells me how) to ask Stephenie to write the entire series from Edwards point of view. So Midnight sun to ..... If she can get the entire 4 books from his view into one called Midnight Sun great, or I would be up for reading 4 individual books looking at the world of Forks/Bell/the cullens/Jacob/the Volturi through Edwards eyes.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hi Pennyshoe!
Have you been to the New Kid in Town thread to tell us who your are, yet? Usually, we all go there first and answer the questions so that everyone knows just a little more about you. Once you do that, members will officially welcome you and you can ask us a bunch of questions there. Just pm us as we welcome you. The New Kid in Town is at the very top of the Board Index list of threads. Also, just under the New Kid thread is the posting regulation thread, and almost any question you have can be answered there.
Have a great time looking and posting, and welcome to the Lex!
Kayla (Openhome)
Hyvanna
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Hyvanna »

My verry fav.. part is of course, Edward amussing hisself with thoughts of hurting and killin Mike I was LMAO on them parts.
Run Bella run, Stay Bella stay... I love you in dangerous way or something like that dont member exzactly, Gotta love the whole tug-a-war in Edwards head.
I liked finding out little more why Edward told Bella to stay out of the woods that Emund an Charllott (cant spell sorry)was visting kinna neat readin a whole new little tid bit storys not linked to Bella but happening at the sametime as her POV story was being told loved that about MS.
Finding out what happen to "Lonnie an friends" was awesome tho i liked Edwards thoughts for what should be done to them better :lol: "See how Lonnie likes my style of hunting" :twisted: ( BEST LINE :D )
I did like how Edward thought he was makeing hisself clear how he felt about Bella at the sametime rememberin from her POV that NO HE WASNOT, :? ( then agian who in real life ever does :roll: )
I think Midnight Sun (12chapter TEASER) was a little more exsiting then Twlight ok maybe cause i like the hurting Mike in his head thing hehe. ;) an would think the rest would be just as exsitingly awesome :D thou its not ment to be :evil: YES Edward fate is a UGLY MEAN HATEFULL HARPY!!! :(
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I broke down. I tried so hard for so long to not read it but I just did. I hope she does finish it. I think that she will. How I feel about it well.... I think it is great to see Edward's pov. Some things I didn't agree with was some of his characteristics. For example how he kept repeating that he wanted to kill Mike N. I didn't think that was Edward at all. He is a gentlemen and yes people say might say that once but not over and over again. I also didn't like how he can't really hear Bella's fathers thoughts b/c in the series he tells her without a problem what her dad is thinking. Also Edward states how Bella's sweater is frumpy and it is ugly on her but he is glad that she is covered up since the dinner the night before. I didn't agree with that. Other than that I can not wait for this to come out so I can purchase it.
Banner by TammyAZ
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Just making some comments...
sweetpea wrote:Some things I didn't agree with was some of his characteristics. For example how he kept repeating that he wanted to kill Mike N. I didn't think that was Edward at all. He is a gentlemen and yes people say might say that once but not over and over again.
Edward is obsessive. Repeating oneself is completely normal in this case. And even gentlemen can have not-so-gentlemanly thoughts. Plus, he's also a vampire- as he says, a killing machine.
sweetpea wrote:I also didn't like how he can't really hear Bella's fathers thoughts b/c in the series he tells her without a problem what her dad is thinking.
That's because by then he's learned to key into the clues his limited view of Charlie's mind provides. He's had over a century's worth of experience in dealing with people; he's able to come to a logical conclusion about what Charlie's most likely thinking.
sweetpea wrote:Also Edward states how Bella's sweater is frumpy and it is ugly on her but he is glad that she is covered up since the dinner the night before. I didn't agree with that.
He's expressing a duality of his nature. He believes Bella is beautiful, and wants to see her- at the same time, he is quite possessive and wouldn't want anyone else seeing her beauty because he believes she belongs to him alone.
rjupiter wrote:in my experience nobody does 4 revisions of ONLY 12 chapters of a book. I believe the book has been and is finished, though maybe not fully drafted/revision-ed out.
My first fanfic is only 14 chapters long, and I've revised it six times. Writers can be very obsessive-compulsive. ;)
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

ringswraith wrote:
sweetpea wrote:Also Edward states how Bella's sweater is frumpy and it is ugly on her but he is glad that she is covered up since the dinner the night before. I didn't agree with that.
He's expressing a duality of his nature. He believes Bella is beautiful, and wants to see her- at the same time, he is quite possessive and wouldn't want anyone else seeing her beauty because he believes she belongs to him alone.
I didn't think it was so much him not wanting others to see it as him knowing it would be a distraction for him if he were to see more of Bella. He likes seeing more of her, but it gets him thinking things, which gets him in trouble with himself...
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:
sweetpea wrote:I also didn't like how he can't really hear Bella's fathers thoughts b/c in the series he tells her without a problem what her dad is thinking.

That's because by then he's learned to key into the clues his limited view of Charlie's mind provides. He's had over a century's worth of experience in dealing with people; he's able to come to a logical conclusion about what Charlie's most likely thinking.

Also, as I can recall, there really isn't a moment when he tells her specifically exactly what Charlie is thinking. If you notice, Jake, Jessica, Aro, Jane etc...all of them, he is extremely specific regarding their thoughts, telling Bella, "he didn't want to hurt anyone--he just wanted to get you grounded so you couldn't spend time with me."(NM, p. 556) Or when he's preparing Bella for Jessica's questions in Trig. But, with Charlie, he is vague, giving impressions about his thoughts, rather than saying, "Charlie is thinking x, y or z". He tends to say, "his thoughts are calm." He can interpret those flashes that he does get from Charlie and apply them to the situation. Like when he interprets Charlie's dream that first night. He hears contentment and patience and pictures of water. Putting that together with the fact that he knows Charlie enjoys fishing and does so often, it's easy to put 2 and 2 together.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Asheleyo wrote:
ringswraith wrote:
I didn't think it was so much him not wanting others to see it as him knowing it would be a distraction for him if he were to see more of Bella. He likes seeing more of her, but it gets him thinking things, which gets him in trouble with himself...
Excellent catch. :)